What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice kindbud gardens guys! Lots of branches moving toward the sun! Fun to watch, they're getting some size now, still time time to go! Will have some great yields. :smoke:

Looks like we'll have moisture this fall, not necessarily bad, will make some happy plants and potent buds, will just have to watch for mold.

Been busy this week, we had a storm or 2 got the fertilizer rained in. Going to try to check on the farm tomorrow and see how they're doing. Should be around 6-7 ft this week! :smoke:

1721437899215.png

mudballs

I believe i have an answer for this finally. I saw it too several years back..2yrs i worked same 4 plants in veg lighting...just stayed funky one leaf garbage. The reason is a plant needs to exhaust its supply of mir156. Microdna156 search results before it can fully begin flowering stage.
So, this postulates the plant can not remake mir156, can not make enough of it to flip plant, or maybe it lost the ability to use mir156...that's also a possibility i think...more reading required on my part.
I've had these delta 8 hemp bagseed clones in reveg for a month+ and they're just now going 3 bladed...look at all that funky growth before normality returned...did it finally get enough of a certain hormone? Started making right hormones? Idk..there's a nagging conflict always present as i try to think about this and it's that 'the flowering system is localized'
What does that mean? Each of those was it's own branch...not receiving signals from old root system...whole new plant/root/hormone factory...it started making something...or finally able to do instructions with hormonal signals

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240720-064228_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240720-064228_Gallery.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240720-064233_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240720-064233_Gallery.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

cbotany

Veteran
I don't know if shes gonna be the tallest of 2024, but man, shes packing on size, I popped some seeds off of the russtucky x siberian female that where crossed over to a few russtucky x siberian males, and a few random auto males to pollen bag up and cross over to her, I have i think 7 males from her same seed batch i'm gonna pollen bag as well. A friend is sending me pollen from a much larger grow of his tallest male to cross to her as well. Hopefully next year i can throw each batch of her seeds into a 200 gallon and try to hit 20 foot, its kinda a small goal of mine :)

unnamed.jpg

laszlokovacs

Im losing my mind growing this year... you guys got any idea whats going on here? I think it happened last year too but we also got a ton of rain, just really random, plants up and die and wilt from the second highest node up. I put these in as 6-10inch seedlings so they should have been plenty tough, they grew and suddenly die, 1 week ago healthy as can be. They got some rain but not a ton (1.5" 72hrs) and several 2 foot tall plants are goners all of a sudden. Theyre next to ostensibly healthy plants and then just croak. I've lost at least 4 plants this season cause of this, no idea what to do.

A few plants got knocked over sideways from wind/rain but I just put em back upright. Heres today
IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9011.jpg

Plants just start drooping and rapidly dying, heres a few afflicted.
IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8985.jpg

This was 7 days ago... plant on the far right is basically dead now.
IMG_8932.jpg

laszlokovacs

Ive seen this before...it was termites...made a hole beneath soil level i didn't notice them until it was too late
Shit thats no good. What you said about watering is spot on, It looks like a water issue but its not.

Thing in your vid definitely looks like a formosan termite. How did you fix this problem? Everything online is just about termites in homes. i'd bet those buggers arent done yet either. Gonna check the plants rootballs/collars to look for insect damage but if there is any idk how to address it. damn

mudballs

Shit thats no good. What you said about watering is spot on, It looks like a water issue but its not.

Thing in your vid definitely looks like a formosan termite. How did you fix this problem? Everything online is just about termites in homes. i'd bet those buggers arent done yet either. Gonna check the plants rootballs/collars to look for insect damage but if there is any idk how to address it. damn
Idk it was just the one plant the one time...absolute mystery.not seen it again...i think i piled the soil too high up the stalk, causing rot to start, they found the weakness and went for it

Holyherb420

Veteran
I've never seen such a thing that's crazy, are you sure those tiny ants did that? Is it possible that they are just checking out damage done by another critter
Yeah i had removed a bunch of them all gathered around that hole going in and out. When i get back to town ill see if the poison did it job if not ill take some more pics with them all around the hole.

I thought maybe they were farming for sap but im wondering if all the molasses has them searching for the sweet stuff

Old Piney

Im losing my mind growing this year... you guys got any idea whats going on here? I think it happened last year too but we also got a ton of rain, just really random, plants up and die and wilt from the second highest node up. I put these in as 6-10inch seedlings so they should have been plenty tough, they grew and suddenly die, 1 week ago healthy as can be. They got some rain but not a ton (1.5" 72hrs) and several 2 foot tall plants are goners all of a sudden. Theyre next to ostensibly healthy plants and then just croak. I've lost at least 4 plants this season cause of this, no idea what to do.

A few plants got knocked over sideways from wind/rain but I just put em back upright. Heres today
View attachment 19035629
View attachment 19035630
View attachment 19035631

View attachment 19035632
View attachment 19035633
View attachment 19035634
Yes I've had that happen and I agree with @mycelium some sort of critter chopped the roots in my case I believe it was cicadas

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are doing great, some slight burn on the bottom leaves on less than 5 plants, which is expected. Will get some Espoma cottonseed meal for August feeding.

Verified all the plants and actually found a hermi, or possible hermi which is rare. It had a single male preflower with mostly female preflowers. The plant was kind of goofy looking with extremely deeply notched leaflets and wide and short middle leaflets. Plant was culled. Also took out a small unproductive male that showed late.

God is taking care of the watering again this week, praise Jesus! Need the rest and extra time, its really nice not to have to water. The plants are loving it, great balance of air, the soil is light and not compact. Being very careful not to step on it. Got some rain chances next week and slowly cranking up the heat, but should stay cool most of the week with highs in the low 80's F.

Thankfully the wind with the storm monday night didn't do any damage, there was 1 plant which fell over, but everything else was standing! There was wind damage in the county, but it thankfully it didn't hit here as hard.

Branches are forming well on lots of plants! Male stamen are becoming more developed on a few plants and pollination will begin in a couple weeks right on time! :smoke:

full

full
----Update to Pipeline Farms 2024----

Plants were boosted into gear with the cottonseed meal and thunderstorms. Just a minor touch of burn on a couple low leaves. Getting some branches now!

Stem borers are out on a couple plants. Anything I can do? I have neem oil spray. I usually just jam a stick in the hole to keep them from getting out and putting more frass out from digging.
:smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

View attachment 19035629
View attachment 19035630
View attachment 19035631

View attachment 19035632
View attachment 19035633
View attachment 19035634
Looks like it could be verticillium wilt. It has rapid progression and mortality like that. Only solution is use resistant cultivars. Don't plant in the same place.

Latest posts

Latest posts