What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I will also vote yes on 205. I live in the ground zero of polk and matforce. Lots of letters against and as many comments for.
I say let's get it in,then I expect it may end in court battles.
To be honest I feel like a kid on xmas eve. Can't wait.
And for all the against give us a break,we are not 'minions,sheeple,or stupid'.
It's all about perspective. Mine has been honed for 40 years of hating to be a criminal.

Madjag

Veteran
Hi Madjag

Hope you and your wife and Raji are doing well.

Hey, do you know of any good way to get from your side of the mountains over to that area? I know that there are some roads from Klondyke that go in the right direction, and vice versa, but I have never found a connection.

Hey Mo, wadda ya know?

Unless you want to hike or go by horse, the only road that crosses the Galiuros from West to East is "Rug" road, a rough 4x4 trail that leaves from near Mammoth/Dudleyville and crosses above the south side of Aravaipa until it pops out at Turkey Creek where it confluences with Aravaipa's eastern end. I usually go the Willcox way since I love the dirt roads and I leave via Ft. Thomas, making a circle back to San Man.

Hey brother, when are we going to get together? I know you're busy, but.....

Paz,
Jimbo

mofeta

Veteran
Well, right now at 9:25pm, it is about 53% NO, 47% YES. This might look bad, but this is with only the mail-in ballots counted in Maricopa and Pima counties (these two big urban counties usually decide these types of voter initiatives). There are 0% of polling place votes in Pima and only a few percent polling place votes in Maricopa. The mail in ballots are skewed to NO, and the polling place votes will heavily favor YES. Once the polling place votes for Maricopa and Pima start rolling in, look for YES to gain on NO.

It will be close but I think it will pass.

mofeta

Veteran
Looks like it is going to fail. I don't see any way it could pull it out.

I am not too disappointed personally, but I feel bad for any of you guys that are.

Ralp was right about the demographics on this. The NO voters were super-energized, voting early and turning out like big dogs. I think that Mike Noble was right about the NO vote riding on the coattails of Donald Trump. It is going to fail in Maricopa county by more than 30K votes! Wow. In Pima, YES is ahead but looks like in the end it will only be by a couple thousand. Yuma and Yavapai were crushing NO votes, in Yuma it was 2:1 against. Prop 205 got beat as bad as Hillary!

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
The only thing that bothers me is eating crow from those self righteous no voters.

As I mentioned I live in prescott home of (foe) POlk.

Those folks filled the local news paper with a boat load of white anal stuffing.

Gonna be hard hearing them gloat.

Other than that I felt both ways on 205. I was with it at face value, but the devil is in the details.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Yeah I know. I was warming to the idea that after 40 years of puffing I would have have been 'legal'.

Just saw the news. They still have over 350,000 votes to tally in maricopa county. hmmm you never know.

Last edited:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
One step forward.... and _______ steps backward?

There's the Q.

NOT leaving Colorado anytime soon.

But it's a concern.

Madjag

Veteran
picture.php

Madjag

Veteran
A New York Times reader's comment in today's article tracking the states that had Marijuana Initiatives.
It explains public data concerning the opponents of Cannabis legalization.

Guess who?

picture.php

Last edited:

Ralp

:moon:To quote from a great American Icon very well respected and held dearly by all in the this room

:laughing: " Abba abba dabba thats all folks ":moon:

Sforza

Veteran
Prop 205...........shit!

It would have been nice to have been able to grow a few plants and to be able drive around with a bit of weed in your pocket without having to worry about the cops trying to put you in jail for it, but we have been dealing with the persecution and prosecution for a long time.

We'll just have to keep a low profile and keep on being smart when we travel.

mofeta

Veteran
Just saw the news. They still have over 350,000 votes to tally in maricopa county.

This is correct. It is not over by a long shot. I suspected this might be the case last night with the bizarrely lopsided vote against 205 in Maricopa county. It didn't make sense, as it should have at least been close.

If you look into the details, I think it is still possible that it could pass. I bet it will be at least close.

Currently, NO has about 83K more votes than YES.

From what I can gather, the votes to be counted break down like this:

470K total broken down into:

415K early ballots of which 200K were mailed in and just hadn't been counted yet, and 215K that were dropped off at polling places.

55K provisional ballots

This is interesting because of the demographics of these different types of ballots. The people that requested early ballots and mailed them in before the election favored Donald Trump and NO on Prop 205. So those 200K uncounted mailed-in ballots should add anywhere from 5K to 10K to the NO side, resulting in an overall lead by NO of 88K to 93K.

The 215K early ballots that were turned in at the polling places on election day are a different story though. Most of these kind of ballots are from a demographic that will heavily favor YES (urban minorities and young people). The way I figure it, a little more than 70% of these would have to be YES to draw even with a NO total of 93K. This is possible. The early ballots turned in to polling places on election day really do skew very heavily to the right demo for this to be possible.

The provisional ballots are similar. These are ballots from people where there is some irregularity, like they don't have the correct ID or they are not on the roster of the polling location. This demo is mainly comprised of disadvantaged people, minorities, and young people, in other words, YES voters. I think that once the valid provisional ballots are counted, they will favor YES in a similar proportion as the early ballots dropped off at the polling places.

So, don't get your hopes up too much, but it is definitely possible it will pass. I think it will.

mofeta

Veteran
Hey Mo, wadda ya know?

Unless you want to hike or go by horse, the only road that crosses the Galiuros from West to East is "Rug" road, a rough 4x4 trail that leaves from near Mammoth/Dudleyville and crosses above the south side of Aravaipa until it pops out at Turkey Creek where it confluences with Aravaipa's eastern end. I usually go the Willcox way since I love the dirt roads and I leave via Ft. Thomas, making a circle back to San Man.

Hey brother, when are we going to get together? I know you're busy, but.....

Paz,
Jimbo

What up carnal? Thanks for the info. That area is just so kickass, I love it.

We will be out of state for 6 to 8 months as of early Dec, I will give you a call when I get back and we will get together. We should dab some rosin.

Sforza

Veteran
This is correct. It is not over by a long shot. I suspected this might be the case last night with the bizarrely lopsided vote against 205 in Maricopa county. It didn't make sense, as it should have at least been close.

If you look into the details, I think it is still possible that it could pass. I bet it will be at least close.

Currently, NO has about 83K more votes than YES.

From what I can gather, the votes to be counted break down like this:

470K total broken down into:

415K early ballots of which 200K were mailed in and just hadn't been counted yet, and 215K that were dropped off at polling places.

55K provisional ballots

This is interesting because of the demographics of these different types of ballots. The people that requested early ballots and mailed them in before the election favored Donald Trump and NO on Prop 205. So those 200K uncounted mailed-in ballots should add anywhere from 5K to 10K to the NO side, resulting in an overall lead by NO of 88K to 93K.

The 215K early ballots that were turned in at the polling places on election day are a different story though. Most of these kind of ballots are from a demographic that will heavily favor YES (urban minorities and young people). The way I figure it, a little more than 70% of these would have to be YES to draw even with a NO total of 93K. This is possible. The early ballots turned in to polling places on election day really do skew very heavily to the right demo for this to be possible.

The provisional ballots are similar. These are ballots from people where there is some irregularity, like they don't have the correct ID or they are not on the roster of the polling location. This demo is mainly comprised of disadvantaged people, minorities, and young people, in other words, YES voters. I think that once the valid provisional ballots are counted, they will favor YES in a similar proportion as the early ballots dropped off at the polling places.

So, don't get your hopes up too much, but it is definitely possible it will pass. I think it will.

When Medical passed in Arizona, I remember that it was first reported that it failed, but a few days later, they reversed themselves and admitted that it passed by a slim margin.

Results
Proposition 203 passed by a narrow margin, making Arizona the fifteenth state to legalize medical marijuana. The passage was announced on November 14, twelve days after the election.

Proposition 203

Referendum passed
Yes 841,346 50.13
No 837,005 49.87
Total votes 1,678,351 100.00

Source: AZ - Election Results
The count had remained at a virtual standstill, with the proposition failing by several thousand votes until the evening of Friday, November 12, 2010 when it surged ahead with 4,421 votes ahead at 5:35 pm MT as the remaining provisional and early ballots were being counted. The Phoenix New Times declared, "Proposition 203, which had trailed until this afternoon, is now leading by about 4,400 votes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Proposition_203_(2010)