What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

mofeta

Veteran
That could mean a room, a garage or even a backyard, as long as it’s out of public view.

You have to be careful about relying on a reporter for this kind of thing. It is always best to read the full text of the initiative/law for yourself. In this case, the reporter is wrong. Mz Sanchez is looking at the part of Section 36-2859 that deals with the commercial establishments :
"THE CULTIVATION, PROCESSING, TESTING, STORAGE, MANUFACTURE OR SALE OF MARIJUANA AND MARIJUANA PRODUCTS SHALL TAKE PLACE AT THE PHYSICAL ADDRESS APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT AND WITHIN AN AREA THAT IS ENCLOSED AND LOCKED IN A MANNER THAT RESTRICTS ACCESS ONLY TO PERSONS WHO ARE LEGALLY PERMITTED BY THE MARIJUANA ESTABLISHMENT TO ACCESS THE AREA. THE AREA MAY INCLUDE A GREENHOUSE AND MAY BE UNCOVERED ONLY IF THE AREA IS ENCLOSED WITH SECURITY FENCING THAT IS DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY AND THAT IS AT LEAST EIGHT FEET HIGH."

For "ANY UNLICENSED PERSON", (in other words, not a dispensary or retail establishment) the rule is different, and is found in Section 36-2866:
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN CHAPTER 28.1 OF THIS TITLE, ANY UNLICENSED PERSON WHO PRODUCES MARIJUANA PLANTS PURSUANT TO SECTION 36-2860 WHERE THEY ARE SUBJECT TO PUBLIC VIEW WITHOUT THE USE OF BINOCULARS, AIRCRAFT OR OTHER OPTICAL AIDS, WHERE PRODUCTION IS PROHIBITED BY A PERSON WHO OWNS, MANAGES OR LEASES THE PROPERTY WHERE THE MARIJUANA IS PRODUCED, IN ANY OUTDOOR AREA OR OUTSIDE OF AN ENCLOSED AREA THAT IS EQUIPPED WITH A LOCK OR OTHER SECURITY DEVICE IS GUILTY OF:

1. FOR A FIRST VIOLATION, A PETTY OFFENSE PUNISHABLE BY A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

2. FOR A SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT VIOLATION, A CLASS 3 MISDEMEANOR.

The "PURSUANT TO SECTION 36-2860" makes this very explicit, as it is the section about personal use, cultivation etc.

mofeta

Veteran
I was also surprised about the med getting transfered to this new marijuana dept. Thought it took alot to change it and only for the better.

Hi wolfhoundaddy. Good to see you around. Hope everything is good in your world.

What you are referring to in that quote above applies only when it is the legislature or executive trying to alter a law that resulted from a successful voter initiative. Since Prop 205 is also a voter initiative, it is no problem. That is why I will probably vote yes on this new one even though I think it is pretty bad. We can always fix stuff with a new voter initiative in the future.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I think you would have to put a fence around your grow space and perhaps some grow fabric to have it out of site and put a lock on the gate, if you were growing it in your backyard.

If it is enclosed, out of sight, and has a lock on it, we should be good. There are lots of ways to enclose something without having to build a building.

I'm too anal to do that. I'm going to see how this plays. I've been stocking green house parts. have 30'of glass,just got a 4x4 operable skylight, two 1x8 insulated glass panes (will be upper vent panels),and the shed roof is already there,10x16. I'm gonna double that size.
I also really want to start growing my own vegy's.

I know alot of people are down on this. I was for safer az., but after 40 years fuck it.

I just wanna build the dang greenhouse.

Peace out.

Madjag

Veteran
make_img.php

Sforza

Veteran
I was for safer az., but after 40 years fuck it.

I just wanna build the dang greenhouse.

Peace out.

Sounds like you have a great plan. I just want to get out from under that damned 25 mile rule. I live in the middle of nowhere, but by the crow flies, just within 25 miles of the nearest dispensaries.

I am not a fan of the dispensaries, but at least they showed people that a dispensary could be located right in the middle of Main Street, and the world did not collapse from Stoners Gone Wild.

Live and let live.

Sforza

Veteran
Hi Sforza

Hope you and yours are well and happy.

Yeah, that wouldn't make much sense from the viewpoint of someone actually wanting people to be able to be self-sufficient in producing weed for themselves. The people that wrote this initiative don't want you to be self-sufficient, they want you to have to buy from them.

These are the same people who came up with the "25 mile rule", that effectively bans medical grows. For the less than 2% of the population that CAN have 12 plants under the 25 mile rule, you still have to abide by the 2.5 ounce limit. To me, the difference between that and not allowing growing at all is trivial. So they were able to tout the MMJ initiative as allowing patients to grow (technically true) while banning it in actual practice.

I agree, mofeta, words printed in news articles are not law. The DA's in AZ have been real dicks in not getting with the program. The dispensary dudes are greedy MOFOs who would like to have all the money.

Still, the MOFOs will get their money, even letting those of us who know how to grow, grow our six plants. Agribusiness is not threatened by homegrown tomatoes and Big Beer is not worried about home brewers. They gave us the six plants to get us to shut up and leave them alone to make the big bucks.

Even the AZ DA's have to get tired of losing in court on quibbles over the law. They are not going to say that you can grow six plants but only possess an ounce. You can transport six plants or one ounce, so if you want to transport a shitload of ganja, load up six fully mature monster plants in the back of your pickup truck and head on down the road.

Here is the money part, in my opinion:

picture.php

That is short and sweet. All the long and involved parts of the law deal with how the big boys, growers, sellers, testers, and government are going to divvy up the profits between themselves.

Simple Definition of remuneration
: an amount of money paid to someone for the work that person has done

I hope you and yours are doing well and we can all make one small step forward in the long journey to free the wee.

Last edited:

Sforza

Veteran
You have to be careful about relying on a reporter for this kind of thing. It is always best to read the full text of the initiative/law for yourself. In this case, the reporter is wrong. Mz Sanchez is looking at the part of Section 36-2859 that deals with the commercial establishments :

For "ANY UNLICENSED PERSON", (in other words, not a dispensary or retail establishment) the rule is different, and is found in Section 36-2866:

The "PURSUANT TO SECTION 36-2860" makes this very explicit, as it is the section about personal use, cultivation etc.

I agree, reporters often get shit wrong. They are usually of about average intelligence and they cover a lot of different subjects, so it would be unreasonable to expect them to be experts on everything they have to write about. So what they do is try to find an expert and ask the experts questions and try not to screw up what the experts tell them.

The reporter is not an expert or a lawyer, but I am pretty sure he or she talked to some lawyers who are considered experts on this proposition. I am not a lawyer but neither are you. We can read this stuff and think we know what the law is saying, but due to the way they write this shit, we can both be wrong.

I agree that the section you quote is about personal use and cultivation.

What I don't agree with is the way you bolded the outdoor area words and did not take into account all the other words in that section.

Where I am going to be growing, no one is going to be able to see it, unless they are using BINOCULARS, AIRCRAFT OR OTHER OPTICAL AIDS. I own the land, so it is not PROHIBITED BY A PERSON WHO OWNS, MANAGES OR LEASES THE PROPERTY WHERE THE MARIJUANA IS PRODUCED. And I will put up a fence with a lock on the gate, so it will be in an enclosed area, under lock and key.

The kicker is, say that I am wrong.

Say the worst case scenario happens. The cops haul their ass way out to my place and snoop around and find my plants. Then I cannot convince the cops that the fence and lock on the gate makes it an enclosed area. They bust me and I cannot convince the judge that the fence and locked gate makes it an enclosed space.

In that case, I have to pay $300 for a petty offense. That is about what a speeding ticket costs and I speed all the time and I am right out there in the road where the cops can see me when I am speeding whereas the ganja is tucked in out of sight and out of mind.

If I refuse to wise up, and get busted more than once for the same offense, it is still just a CLASS 3 MISDEMEANOR.

You would have to really piss off the cops to have them want to bust you over and over for something like this.

Instead, I would ask the cops what they think the minimum would be for an enclosure and do what they suggested. But that is only after they prove that they are going to bust me if I don't mend my ways.

Ralp

lections
Federal
State
Local
Public Policy
Influencers
Verbatim
About

Want to receive email updates from Ballotpedia?
Name

Email Address
Traducir​▼
PAGE CONTENTS

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming
+ Measures that did not make the ballot
See also
Footnotes

Report Advertisement

Look up your Sample Ballot
2016 ballot measure polls
2016 U.S. State
Ballot Measures
2017 »« 2015
Vote Poster.jpg
Part 1: Overview
Scorecard
Tuesday Count
Lawsuits
Voter guides
Part 2: Campaigns
Polls
Media editorials
Part 3: Finances
Contributions
Signature costs
Ballot Measure Monthly
Signature requirements
Have you heard of The Tap?
Sign up to receive Ballotpedia's weekly newsletter so you can stay informed on the most important political happenings! Click here to read the latest edition.
2017 polls →← 2015 polls

The following page consists of polls that were taken about ballot measures that are either certified or proposed for a 2016 ballot. Information on 2016 ballot measure polls is posted as it becomes available. If you have information on a released poll not listed here, please email [email protected].
The 35 states that feature statewide measures on the ballot in 2016 are listed below, and polls for all measures for which polling data was found by Ballotpedia staff are listed under each state section.
Legend
Position is ahead and at or over 50%
Position is ahead or tied, but under 50%
Alabama

See also: Alabama 2016 ballot measures
Ballotpedia does not have data on polls for ballot measures in this state. If you know of polls that should be posted here, please email [email protected].
Alaska

See also: Alaska 2016 ballot measures
Ballotpedia does not have data on polls for ballot measures in this state. If you know of polls that should be posted here, please email [email protected].
Arizona

See also: Arizona 2016 ballot measures

Arizona Education Finance Amendment, Proposition 123 (May 2016)

[hide]Arizona Education Finance
Poll Support Oppose Undecided Margin of Error Sample Size
OH Predictive Insights
4/25/2016 59.7% 33.4% 6.9% +/-3.8 665
Note: A "0%" finding means the candidate was not a part of the poll. The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to [email protected].

Arizona Marijuana Legalization, Proposition 205 (2016)

See also: Polls, 2016 ballot measures
In mid-April 2016, a poll commission by opponents of the ballot measure was released to The Arizona Republic. The poll found that a plurality of those surveyed opposed marijuana legalization in Arizona.[1]
Between August 17 and August 31, 2016, The Arizona Republic, in cooperation with Morrison and Cronkite News, found that 50 percent of those surveyed supported Proposition 205. The poll found that about 64 percent of Democrats and 53 percent of independents in the state favored marijuana legalization, while 56 percent of Republicans opposed it.[2]
OH Predictive Insights conducted a poll in late August, finding a simple majority in opposition to marijuana legalization. Pollster Mike Noble noted that "... for every voter who pulls the lever for Donald Trump this November has a 72 percent likelihood they will vote ‘No’ on legalizing recreational marijuana. Conversely, Hillary Clinton voters have a 57 percent likelihood of voting ‘Yes’ on legalizing recreational marijuana."[3]
OH Predictive Insights released a poll on October 10, 2016, showing 44 percent of respondents supporting and 49 percent opposing Proposition 205.[4]
In mid-October 2016, HighGround Public Affairs surveyed 400 likely voters and found 49.8 percent of respondents supporting the initiative.[5]
The Arizona Republic, Morrison, and Cronkite News released a poll in mid-October 2016 showing 50.4 percent of respondents in support of Proposition 205.[6]
[hide]Arizona Proposition 205 (2016)
Poll Support Oppose Undecided Margin of Error Sample Size
The Arizona Republic, Morrison, and Cronkite News
10/10/2016 - 10/15/2016 50.4% 41.6% 8.0% +/-4.0 811
HighGround Public Affairs
10/14/2016 49.8% 45.3% 4.9% +/-4.88 400
Data Orbital
10/11/2016 - 10/12/2016 44.0% 45.0% 11.0% +/-4.12 500
OH Predictive Insights
9/28/2016 - 9/30/2016 43.0% 47.0% 10.0% +/-3.66 718
OH Predictive Insights
8/24/2016 - 8/27/2016 40.0% 51.0% 9.0% +/-3.63 728
The Arizona Republic, Morrison, and Cronkite News
8/17/2016 - 8/31/2016 50.0% 40.0% 10.0% +/-3.4 784
The Arizona Republic
4/11/2016 - 4/14/2016 43.0% 49.0% 8.0% +/-4.0 500
AVERAGES 45.74% 45.56% 8.7% +/-3.96 634.43

Ralp

let's also interject if this 205 proposal fails by a thin margin it will be by those disenfranchised patients by this sham of a proposal. The republican's want this it proposes to do what the war on drugs couldn't. Buying into that philosophy with this proposal says marijuana is part and parcel to drug abuse and should bear the brunt of the cost and enforcement of all illegal drug activity. The Gateway drug idea repackaged the idea if we can control the gate fees we control the activity inside the gate.

There is a lot of work to do to do this right 205 most probably will fail. That does not mean the work is over. To blame this on conservative republican is just ridiculous it is the fractions inside the marijuana business that tainted the waters.

look at that guy in Tucson Aari Rubin his father a doctor n the southside of Tucson ran a pill mill turning our barbs & opiates like candy raided several times by the DEA. Aari was the business manager for daddies pill mill. Then he won the lottery to get a dispensary now he contributed heavily to stop all competition as well as lending startup monies to other dispensaries lottery as personal loans and follow his business plan of price controls and marketing. Yea keep the cartels out we will just license them pay a cop to watch the gate and away we go.

It is really sad that some are buying the idea that this benefits Arizona. Arizona spends between Guadalupe and Tucson school districts 130 million to just keep attorney's on retainer to represent the school districts and the plaintiffs and the special Master ordered by the court to desegregation suit brought in 1968 extrapolated on data from when Arizona was a territory. Tucson Unified SD the largest in the state has an Hispanic population of 77% one school has 50% and another has 90% so TUSD needs forced bussing for about the population of those 2 school are 487 children today cost 5 million+. Now the Federal District court is ordering Arizona to do more studies to show the court as right with the 5 contradicting plaintiffs it can't figure what to do drop it or order more studies and cost by the DOJ projected costs 12 million. This is the Arizona school budget the Idea that one can smoke up and continue this travesty is personally revolting

More of this is what prop 205 will be funding
Ralp is online now Add to Ralp's Reputation Report Post

Ralp

Do people in this room get out of the box?
Does anyone know why Monsanto bought up hugh track and hold options with the county for more in Tucson.

http://tucson.com/news/local/monsan...cle_11bebbe0-853c-517f-9f68-10c7dc05ce5e.html

Who in Pima County want to control all of the grow right in the county and allow only one producer. Those here will be grandfathered not allowed to expand. The City of Marana has the water from reclaimed and owns it all for the whole valley. Mayor Hona which has the power of the counsel will not allow anymore grow rights and the two dispensaries in Marana one has his grow in PHX won't be allowed in Marana. Oh by the Way Marana Has the largest area of school district in the state not enrollment so the area of governance is expansive.

Yea get this the area of Monsanto's greenhouse will complement the Solar Farm being built and completion is close. right next door. Oh by the way built with free solar dollars from Obama's admin forgoing green. Just do happens it is right next to each other wow what a coincidence fate strikes again huh. This place is so obscure easy to secure.

http://tucson.com/news/local/avra-v...cle_cf130522-6a5b-5888-bc03-841094e99de7.html

I amazes me the repulsive attitudes people show for the Fentanyl Oxy producer in Chandler. Then embrace the very pushers of the pill mills who won the state lottery to a license to distribute. So with all the monies from running a pill mill they go around the southern part of the state lending monies and setting their management system with the contract that it will go to BLOOM like franchising to do so. They won't be able to get away from anything but his product. or what he trade but he will be their exclusive distributor. they just need to write that ability into the rules it passed

look at that guy in Tucson Aari Rubin his father a doctor n the southside of Tucson ran a pill mill turning our barbs & opiates like candy raided several times by the DEA. Aari was the business manager for daddies pill mill. Then he won the lottery to get a dispensary now he contributed heavily to stop all competition as well as lending startup monies to other dispensaries lottery as personal loans and follow his business plan of price controls and marketing. Yea keep the cartels out we will just license them pay a cop to watch the gate and away we go.

http://tucson.com/search/?f=html&q=...ration&s=start_time&sd=desc&l=25&nsa=eedition

http://tucson.com/news/local/avra-v...cle_cf130522-6a5b-5888-bc03-841094e99de7.html

It is my understanding from the NRC (NationaL Regulatory Commission) that as of now marijuana grow operations both legal and illegal consume 1.5% al all electric energy consumed. There is talk of putting an environmental impact fee associated with all enclosed grows both can be applied nationally and by the state itself. Once Monsanto get's going and automation is in place they can cull the employment to half get solar credits to offset operational costs. Holyoak can't compete and will be forced out. And this is in the agricultural enterprise zone so foreign so seasonal workers can come. They dont pay into SS or ST taxes and a reduced fed tax debt. With solar credit the Feds will owe them.

Ralp

I know this is too much for this room just classify me as a republican conservative religious fanatic that want to push my Ideals on everyone. I march to Ted Cruz and Trump or whatever some minds can conjure to defend the truth. It helps heal the guilt of being used and made to be anothers pawn.

Let me say this all the stuff coming out about Hillary is coming out from the party so it can regroup in 4 years. Hillary's in so is Monsanto and impact fees will abound.

This is from the boogeyman the wacko right wing neoconservative repugnant man revealing truth to you. I need some more names so others can hide and heal from the ignorance and self centered idealism that think that giving other right to control won't effect you and all other adversely

Ralp

LMAO at the conspiracy theorists we need to rally the forces circle the wagon the republican neocons. They are in opposition to our right to grow our right to use our right control our destiny by citizen proposition YEA!!!

The truth the republicans want this more than you do. People Like MOM Force AZ having Sheriff Joe Arpaio out campaigning and they are selling it to the Sun City folks as control of the cartels REALLY !!

The whole of the marijuana trade with mexico estimated to be about 18% of their business. The selling point is that this will curtail the powdered drug business, that has to be one of the biggest misrepresentations of the drug business there is utter ignorance. the growers in the areas of mexico can now concentrate their product bring it across.

Just take a look at the amount ( that means weight )of product sold close to the retirement areas. The dispensaries do better than those close to the campus & inner cities. However they issue new dispensaries licenses by amount of patient n a zip code resulting in the less valuable locations dollar cost margins figured.

Here take a look at former REPUBLICAN Arizona Governor symington operation

http://www.azfamily.com/story/32397...ijuana-facility-in-snowflake-faces-opposition

You guys have been so brainwashed into republicans. Progressives liberals look conspiracies by neo cons>>> neo-cons look for evil and both fulfill there quest and that is the target while the world works in the center follow the money

For god's sake even your ideology of reprieve from repressive marijuana laws Holyoak has stated several times he was a Conservative Republican. What your conspiracy it is slapping you all in the face.

Nothing will happen till 2018 by the prop anyway if passed. Dont sit on your asses get out whoever is passing the petitions AZFMR I believe. Do your gathering ask for webinars to their weekly meeting have them broadcast over the internet radio. Kindly tell where you buy your worries go to another our of your neighborhood. There will be a midterm election by the time it take effect. A new proposition can be implemented in the same time frame as 205. You won't miss a beat right now people growing clandestine not selling with a card growing 12 plants are not being prosecuted in AZ conflicts in existing laws. I can give bkgd on that.

I am a retired county admin from Utah raised a conservative Mormon in that aspect. You know that LDS have been running the Department of Agriculture ie; commodities since Truman. It is that department that administers food stamps, WIC, School Lunches, all of the grain movement silage and ports. I do have a insight what is transforming and it is ugly I would like to see it changed on the federal level before department is built, horse infront of the cart deal. I have been consuming marijuana since the late 50's periodically And I experienced the Peyote Church of Christ in the Safford area. I am for legalization not this

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Ralph I am very disappointed that you still walk the earth you freak. Go fuck up another thread.

Madjag

Veteran
"And I experienced the Peyote Church of Christ in the Safford area."

Then you forgot the name that Mana, the founder, chose for their church: Peyote Way Church of God

It had nothing to do with Jesus.

mofeta

Veteran
Well, I mailed in my ballot last week with a "YES" vote on Prop 205. My wife and my mom voted for it also. I hope it passes! The most recent reputable polls indicate that it is likely that it will.

Hi Sforza

I think you may be right about the likelihood of the law (if it passes) being implemented in a straightforward, "face value" way. If so, my original comment about "Wow I can grow six trees that produce 5 dry pounds each and keep all that weed as long as I just keep it at home!!" (and so can my wife!) will be a surreal reality. That there is a good chance of this just blows my mind.

You are also right about the $300 fine. And like you say, you would have to get caught first.

mofeta

Veteran
"And I experienced the Peyote Church of Christ in the Safford area."

Then you forgot the name that Mana, the founder, chose for their church: Peyote Way Church of God

It had nothing to do with Jesus.

Hi Madjag

Hope you and your wife and Raji are doing well.

Hey, do you know of any good way to get from your side of the mountains over to that area? I know that there are some roads from Klondyke that go in the right direction, and vice versa, but I have never found a connection.

mofeta

Veteran
Muddy Waters votes YES!!!!

CLICK TO PLAY

Yeah bring me champagne when I'm thirsty.
Bring me reefer when I want to get high.
Yeah bring me champagne when I'm thirsty.
Bring me reefer when I want to get high.
Well you know when I'm lonely
Bring my woman set her right down here by my side.
Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

Everytime I get high
I lay my head down on my baby's breast.
Well you know I lay down be quiet
Tryin' to take my rest.
Well you know she done hug and kiss me
Says Muddy your one man that I love the best.

I'm gonna get high
Gonna get high just as sure as you know my name.
Y'know I'm gonna get so high this morning
It's going to be a cryin' shame.
Well you know I'm gonna stick with my reefer
Ain't gonna be messin' round with no cocaine.

Attachments

• Muddy Waters _Champagne and Reefer_.jpg
    Muddy Waters _Champagne and Reefer_.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 29