What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I live in a state that is legal for recreation.

The price in the pot stores is pretty high, like $60 an eighth of the good stuff. When the dispensaries were running wild here, anyone with a medical card could transfer weed to someone else with a card. I could go into these market places and get guys to trying to outbid me for their business. I shit you not, I have gotten a pound of primo for $700. It was a buyers market.

Well.. Seattle closed down every dispensary that didn't have a proper license. I mean med people can still transfer to med people, but you just can't have these massive market places. You know in that market all you had to pay was $250 a day to run a table full of weed, or hash or wax or whatever. Some people made some good money. Hell, I would buy a pound there for $700 and turn it over in a few minutes for $1200. A different story for a different time.

Point is, now that weed is legal it has taken some of the fun out of it. Now I am not doing something taboo unless I drive on it, and that is serious business. There are news stations declaring that people are putting hash oil in a vap and smoking on the road as they go, putting us all at risk. That may or may not be true, but I hate that kind of propaganda.

And now the price. I never paid $60 for an eighth before. I usually grow, but we have babies in the house and the wife didn't want the babies breathing that heavy smell 24-7. I kind of agree with her, but don't know why. So tonight I had to buy an eighth for $60 on my way home from work. There are long lines in the pot stores, especially on weekends. It is a different world. I always wanted it to be legal, but now I wonder if it was better just legal for medical.

All you guys that want it legal will probably Still be doing something that is deemed illegal by the law anyway. Driving, having too much, growing too much or growing at all. All crimes that are punishable by jail time. Hell when I was growing I was allowed 15 plants. Basically a big closet flower room. However, I had like 3-4 strains. Keeping mothers or making clones for next batch of flowering was clearly illegal and if a cop come in I would have some answering to do about the extra plants in clones starts or even veg, or even the mothers.

Anyway, go Az, just know the grass isn't always greener. Even Hempfest was a bummer this year.

Sforza

Veteran
It is hard to believe that a judge would throw out the citizens right to vote on an initiative on such a flimsy challenge. If she does rule against the initiative, it is hard to believe that such a ruling would not be overturned on appeal.

Madjag

Veteran
A Maricopa County judge has ruled Prop. 205, which would legalize marijuana for recreational use,
can appear on the November ballot.

Prop. 205 would legalize marijuana for recreational use

The marijuana legalization effort will appear on the November ballot, after a legal challenge by its opponents was tossed.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Jo Lynn Gentry dismissed the lawsuit brought by 13 individuals and groups, including Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk, the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Republican Rep. Paul Boyer, a Tempe school board member, and others. The group says it will appeal Gentry's decision.

The measure, known as Proposition 205, asks Arizona voters to legalize cannabis for recreational use and establish licensed outlets where sales of the drug would be taxed, similar to the system established in Colorado. Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, but the Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act would allow adults 21 and older in Arizona to possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana and grow up to six plants in their homes.

Marijuana in Arizona

Foes argued in court last week that supporters of legalization are deceiving voters with their pitch of the measure. An attorney argued a 100-word summary of the initiative failed to adequately summarize the measure's impact on laws affecting motorists, child custody, workplaces and licensing of certain professions.

In her decision, Gentry disagreed, writing: "Plaintiffs demonstrated no ability to prepare a summary that would comply with the 100-word limit and with their objections. Plaintiffs, nonetheless, persist in asserting that omitting these provisions from the summary along with what they consider misstatements about the provisions that were included makes the summary fraudulent. Plaintiffs’ position is in essence that the summary should have more fully described what the initiative will do but do not explain how they could do it better. Instead, Plaintiffs simply argue that such a summary creates a risk of confusion and unfairness and threatens the integrity of the initiative process."

Gentry wrote that the initiative's required 100-word summary for voters "substantially complies with the law," and would even with a stricter application of the compliance requirement.

She also rejected their argument because of the Legislature's recent changes to the election code affecting citizens' ability to sue to keep such measure off the ballot. "Whether wittingly or not, the legislature eliminated a means by which initiative petitions can be challenged," the judge wrote.

She also rebuffed foes' arguments that the initiative failed to provide its own immediate self-funding. Prop. 205 proposes to use money from the state's 2010 voter-approved medical-marijuana program initially.

Arizona Proposition 205 sparks 'green rush' for medical-marijuana licenses

An attorney for the measure argued the effort was targeted solely because of opponents' political and ideological views on marijuana. The attorney also told the judge that opponents' arguments were dismissive of the will of Arizona voters' and of their ability to research and determine the effects of the law based on the summary and the text of the initiative, which is publicly available.

In her decision, Gentry pointed out that during arguments last week, "both sides acknowledged their confidence in the ability of the voters to read and discern the merits of the initiative."

Prop. 205 qualified earlier this month for the general election ballot.

In a statement, J.P. Holyoak, chairman of the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, said he was pleased with the judge's decision. He said the lawsuit is a way for marijuana opponents to deplete the campaign resources of the pro-effort.

"This frivolous lawsuit was meant to waste the campaign's resources," Holyoak said. "After the case is concluded we will be asking the court to recover our costs from these litigious people. We've said from the beginning this was a frivolous lawsuit and Judge Gentry dismissed each and every frivolous claim. It is time to let the voters decide."

The chairman of the Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy, which is running the anti-marijuana campaign, said in a statement he disagrees with the ruling. Glenn Hamer, president and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which is helping fund the anti-legalization campaign, said in a statement he hopes that "on appeal, the court will reject this end-run around the law."

Sforza

Veteran
"This frivolous lawsuit was meant to waste the campaign's resources," Holyoak said. "After the case is concluded we will be asking the court to recover our costs from these litigious people. We've said from the beginning this was a frivolous lawsuit and Judge Gentry dismissed each and every frivolous claim. It is time to let the voters decide."

Make them pay all costs for bringing such a stupid lawsuit. Now, let's hope that the good people of Arizona see their way clear to approve the initiative.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Been waiting a long time. It's not what I would like, but it's a move across the line in the dirt.
Old guard said "you don't like it, change it". Well yup we are. F u very much.

Ralp

It is the worst form of department building. It will set up a governing department that will be staffed by the governor and industry representatives. This department will be similar to the department of transportation DOT also have a division like the DMV. This new constitutional governing department will be called "Department of Marijuana License and Controls" DMLC

This will blend itself into a license agency similar one for all types of growing for industrial, business small and large. Individuals will have the right to buy clone that have been quantified tag sold by a state licensed retail supplier. Strains will be limited to potency not allowed to clone. In applying for a homeowner permit you will sign a agreement similar to that of a drivers license @DMV agreeing to only grow 6 plants 12 max per residence. When signing for this permit to grow you will be giving up lots of personal rights. This permit will be looked at like a drivers license as it is privilege not a right to grow and will be agree to that if signing the permit. So if you are caught with a unregistered plant you will be charged with a felony "worst draconian laws in the country" up to $150,000 and 3 years in prison.

I am sorry anyone voting for this is an absolute ignorant fool. This whole thing is a ruse and this Holyoak is the biggest greaser of up the chute I have ever seen. In the words of Forest Gump "stupid is as stupid does" vote yes

Do you morons that think this is good understand this still leaves simple felony possessions on the books all this is a pre agreed plea bargain to commit a limited crime? All other states that are considering this year have already decriminalized but not AZ and this wont change the 13-3405 is still on the books

This proposal limits counties to prosecute as they will. I go to Washington and Oregon the recreational edibles is only 10 mg as well as all infused no shatter or hash or concentrates just flower and 10 mg max that is coming too. Eat half pound of gummy worms 5 can of cola infused yea it legal dude LMFAO. the Hydro in Ore sucks.

What a bunch of dingle berries that are of the opinion we need a constitutional written state agency to control and sell to an already established market long before Medical hit the front. This was written by bureaucrats and police MPP and ODDLYSMOKE will not list their backers or contributors Why? Hell I dont care can I grow 6 plants dude! That's all I can fathom light the bong dude.

No other State WA Ore Co have done this to the constitution they have set up sales through the Department of Revenue. All of the 14 states considering this november to legalise retail sales of marijuana have also done this through the state existing departments. But not AZ hell no are uneducated mindless minions like a broken record over and over and over again. It goes like this DUH DUH it's better than we had DUH DUH DUDE hit the blunt dude.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
minions

minions

Why don't you tell us what you really think!

We rub elbows with lobbyists,politicians, and carpet baggers. And guess what, we smell like them at the end of the day.

I'm gonna take it as it comes. Right now I can't grow anything legal. I want to grow for stash only. Not interested in selling. I will take the 12 per household and you do what you want.

Might try loosing the name calling.

Sforza

Veteran
It is the worst form of department building. It will set up a governing department that will be staffed by the governor and industry representatives. This department will be similar to the department of transportation DOT also have a division like the DMV.

Government regulations suck. But it is better to move half a step forward than it is to leave it the way it is now. Growing and smoking now is breaking the law. So with this passed, we will break the regulations. It is hard to outlaw or regulate a plant. If some ganja is legal, it will be hard to differentiate between what ganja is legal and what ganja is illegal. It will also take the wind out of the sails of the cops. They are not going to want to nit pick the regulations. It will also give people an out and more ways for lawyers to try to get you off on busts.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Take it one step at a time.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." — Confucius

Ralp

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. that has to be the lamest argument I have heard on this.

Nobody has ever stated why Arizona keeps the harshest simple possession on the books and and needs a State constitution department to sell marijuana.

Grow some balls will ya!! all you easter bunnies, decriminalize the simple possession rule. This will be the only state in the nation that is considering distributing marijuana for sale this election year that has not decriminalized and keeps simple possession a felony

Yea moving on no intelligent life form here. Your going to get screwed setting up a constitutional state depart to sell pot. Where the lottery monies the Gambling & tobacco tax. Set prices to combat the illegal market LMFAO what a bunch of wally's

Ralp

Just in reflecting I just want this to sink in so I can understand it. Some in AZ want this to pass because it is a step HMMM rubbing chin scratching head. I just want to see if I have this right.

This election year Arizona is voting to make a state department to grow> sell limited amounts of pot. Hoping to replace alcohol consumption as safer. Then at the same time keeping the most severe penalties of all the states for simple possession. REALLY

Arizona is 7th highest in amount per capita of incarceration and with this you will be #1 GO Road Runners. This is what happens when you let representatives of Joe Arpaio and Bill Montgomery write your propositions and have MPP lobby them for you.

I would like to tell all you thou in AZ decriminalize before you market. Or another way to look at it is the socks go on before the shoes

Ralp

Don't give up a bird in the hand for two in the bush. : everyone

so you simple minions understand after 6 years and the county Atty's that collectively dont agree how it is running they can basically take over an entrenched market and taxing scheme immune from any personal rights? let that sink in for a minute sounds of AC/DC Angus Running through the simple minds.

Yes that it right it is written that every county has to agree of the implementation of this new department. So each county represents itself independently on market, enforcement and zoning allowance. So basically this department will set up all kinds of ancillary controls aside from just Marijuana. Control that they could not get the legislature to run for them.

Just how hard do you think it will be to get the 15 counties in AZ to get the consortium of counties that the Dept of Marijuana will have to cater to? If you simpletons dont understand that laws need to apply equally if not you have tierney.

I think I need to explain tierney means utter chaos going through the whole marijuana community. More arrests more police more price structure more financially dependent on prohibition.

These morons in AZ are of the guize that Holyoak is the King Herod the the Marijuana community. He and he alone will bring controlled prohibition by taxing and controlling with Caesar's coins. Alas the Marijuana followers have promised to give Caesar his coins they are not enough King Herod has not fulfilled his promise he has not controlled. Herrod how do you take this what will you do? I will find the guilty parties using marijuana not giving Caesar his coin and crucify them. The Romans "consor cnty attys" kick Herrod out and tax themselves, as they dont trust herrod and find he really does not have control he just collected the coins for Caesar. While the properties of Herod's still produce they are just taken over by progressive market forces of the times.
Does this story ring a bell.

Ralp

Eve this Judge Gentry raised concerns not brought about, With this enforcement and administrative part of this department.

Does anyone understand that the language in the proposal allows for all kinds of governmental right's not now extended to County Attorneys. Right and powers reserved exclusively for that of the state. However this proposal gives reciprocity to all county to arbitrate within their county's. So really this is tailor made to give County atty's extraordinary powers not previously given? to supercede the state and courts.

This will be how it will end up after all the legal battles on illegality it will boil down to County Attorneys it is a win/win for the them no matter what side of the fence they are on.

In WA OR the recreational rule on edibles is 10%mg no shatter hash oil weak vap pens just flower and candy whatever.
With a dept Medical in time, rules in place will need a prescription on dosage and written like a regimented treatment with quantities limited to ailment reining in caregiver and home delivery.
FDA pharmaceutical distributed regimens and treatments. Licensed caregiver will be allowed to administer it to each patient but not acquired or produce for the patient outside established prescription drug outlets.

I won't even get to the 6 plant carrot

really guys you need to fix the criminal laws this will only screw it up more.

Ralp

Who says you can't grow anything there is not one case here for prosecution of people solely growing just 12 plants, I will post a link of a policeman former and current on a internet radio program stating not to arrest or go after patients that are growing for themselves if they have a few plants growing obvious it is not a market driven concern.

There is so much ambiguity in the existing laws the county attorneys are finding case after case being rejected by the appellate they dont want anymore to set precedent. The current have the county attorney's hamstrung there are 2 precedent in conflict that have precedent this will clarify stop that.

Here is a link to that program by LEAP forward to 24 munutes
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weedsd...day-a-live-cannabis-radio-show-leap-joe-baldi

Latest posts

Latest posts