What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Funny they're still paying Folks Who heard IT on T.V. So it's gotta be true.lol
I assume shit like this on T.V. is a LIE! We ALL should too. We be correct, more than not.

Twisted

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I just read all this thread, it took a couple of days. It was exciting reading about growing in the canyons in the 70s

I come to the USA in the early 90s. My brothers got into some trouble in my home country (Colombia) and my mother, two sisters and I had to flee the country with the clothes on our back after my brothers were both murdered. They put my brothers heads on my mother's front porch. We come to a new country with nothing and didn't know anyone. Much worse, we had to stay out of Colombian circles.

I met with some Mexicans in Southern California and they connected me in Arizona. I would drive a car to certain destinations like Michigan or Ohio with a trunk full of cannabis. I would get between 500-1000 USD per load. It got us through some tough times. It seems like a different life. The Mexicans I was dealing with were no better than those that murder my brothers. I am glad that is behind me know. I swear I would lose 10lbs driving one of those loads from the stress and worry.

Nice thread everyone. I will continue to read on

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ holy shit Huligun, sorry for your loss. Central and South Am. have been soooo fucked up with violence for so long. dictators, narcos, military/police, outside foreign intervention.... the list goes on. Its so sad to hear your story, but glad to see you and your mom & sisters get free of it.

waveguide

Veteran
thank you for talking. the only thing between most people and this kind of horror is the obsequious, complicit trust in whatever local authority. eg. americans outsource all of their terror to the places they get their cocoa and gold and diamonds and steel and whatever else from. they think they're cool, but they fund murder every day, and it is this false belief that perpetrates the most astounding, stupendous horrors on the planet.

we're taking this land for a new plantation, we're flooding this valley for hydroelectric power, so americans can shove plastic up their ass at the store and give us enough manpower to continue raping everything that lives.

that's enough shit to deal with, may your life be filled with peace, awareness and understanding.

sorry... i kinda wanted to talk about shit today, but talking about other peoples shit is as far as i'm going to get. the internet isn't ready to find out.

huligun

Veteran
I have mentioned my situation a time or two on this site. I am still looking over my shoulder even now.

I knew back then as I know now, playing with coca is a very dangerous game. Most people end up dead and the lucky ones in up in jail. I never even touched it when I was in the old country. My brothers were both murdered at a very young age. It breaks my family heart and we have a dark cast.

I am lucky. I played football and baseball at home and was good enough to get a shcolarship at USC for baseball. I majored in English with a secondary major in art. I stared to play minor league baseball but they were drug testing everyone and I was caughrt too many time. I was let go with predjudice. Because of my contacts in the old country and central america I was able to get broker art into the USA and Europe. It has made me a good life. I am in my forties now and have a wife that is half my age from Brazil. Life is very good now.

Sforza

Veteran
I just read all this thread, it took a couple of days. It was exciting reading about growing in the canyons in the 70s

I come to the USA in the early 90s. My brothers got into some trouble in my home country (Colombia) and my mother, two sisters and I had to flee the country with the clothes on our back after my brothers were both murdered.

What part of Colombia are you from? I spent quite a bit of time in Santa Marta in the 1970s. To get to Santa Marta, I flew into Barranquilla and took a bus to Santa Marta. I also spent some time in Cartagena on the beach. Made one trip to Bogota for a few days.

I always wanted to get to Cali, since I was told that is where the most beautiful women in Colombia are found. Never made it to Cali, but I found plenty of beautiful women in all parts of Colombia. I am over six feet tall with blue eyes and dirty blond hair and I am partial to petite sloe-eyed brunettes. As they say, opposites attract.

Not everyone who gets involved with cocaine in Colombia ends up getting killed or in jail. Most do, but a few lucky ones do not. It is sort of like the saying about being shot at and not hit. "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill

It is like skiing down a mountain or riding a dirt bike. If you don't almost get killed, it isn't nearly as fun. Of course every once in a while you go a little over the line and you are not able to recover in time so you take your licks.

Last edited:

huligun

Veteran
SForza I am from San Cristobal, about an hour NW or Medellin. My brothers worked out of Medellin when they were in the game. I was in university Antioquia at the time and never got sucked into it. I was always the one that put studies ahead of fast money. Even after all my hard work I still had to rebuild my life because of someone else mistakes. I am glad I am here now though, I am not complaining. I have a beautiful family and feel very blessed. I am lucky I was never busted in the USA for moving Mexican weed out of Tucson. I did that for over a year off and on and if I got caught I am sure I would have been deported. That would have been a disaster

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Packing my bags for a Colorado River trip. A buddy of mine is a river guide and asked me to be his swamper. It's gonna be 7 day no motor, two rafts, one being a paddle raft. I'm doing the upper half and will hike out Bright Angel. Last time I did it I turned 56, and hiked out with my son. Well I'm 62 now, will see what shape I'm in. It is also a hiking trip with a day layover somewhere.
I lived and worked at the Canyon since '72. Hiked all over it even in the mid summer. Took my first trip there, smoked a doobie on top of the El Tovar roof at full moon, swam across the river above Hermit Creek (and back!) I was once in a cave in Marble Canyon and saw the excavated corner of a hogan buried under the floor of the cave.
My most memorable is a dream I had. A flock of peyote birds approached me glowing off and on and off and finally glowing a pure white light all in the predawn twilight.
Can't wait to hit the trail

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Hiked out today. It's always an ass kicker. Had a blast. Most of the time I was in the paddle boat, 6 paddlers and the boatman in the back. Second day out they flipped it. I wasn't in it but helped to right it. Huge waves and those rafts just climb them. Also got to ride in a dory. It was just built by the boatman, 1/4" marine ply, on it's second time out. Nice boat and rides like a dream.
Did alot of hiking, saw a big (old Indian) grannery ontop a butte, big horns, and deer.
Alot of crazy bastards have been populating the Canyon Lands for a while. Two guys swam it, the whole thing after the dam was built. Before it was banned they used to fly airplanes up the gorge.

Madjag

Veteran
Did a little road trip to the Page area last week.....

Hoodoos Near Page with Paria Canyon Wilderness in the background tucked into the Vermillion Cliffs
picture.php

Sforza

Veteran
Looks awesome, Madjag. I am looking forward to reading your post on the topics of your recent dream. I am sure that it will be worth the wait.

Madjag

Veteran
Here's one dream - my youngest daughter riding shotgun (as co-pilot) in an Erickson Skycrane in the recent California Sleep Hollow fire

picture.php

Madjag

Veteran
6 arrested for possessing more than 3,000 pounds of marijuana in Queens

http://abc7ny.com/news/6-arrested-for-possessing-more-than-30000-pounds-of-marijuana-in-queens/1018759/

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

ELMHURST, N.Y. (WABC) --

Members of the DEA's New York Drug Enforcement Task Force discovered them transferring cardboard cartons containing the drug from a tractor trailer parked in Elmhurst, Queens, to two smaller vehicles early Monday morning.

In addition, it is alleged that the suspects possessed between $200,000 and $300,000 in United States currency.

DEA Special Agent in Charge James Hunt said, "The seizure and arrests surprised us just as much as it surprised the defendants when arrested. However, it shows that law enforcement agents and officers possess the keen ability to spot the things that don't belong. In this case, the New York Drug Enforcement Task Force spotted and seized over $3.5 million dollars worth of marijuana that was destined to be trafficked throughout NYC."

District Attorney Richard Brown said, "The defendants are accused of removing cartons of marijuana stacked six feet high from a tractor trailer across the street from the Good Fortune Supermarket in Elmhurst when confronted by law enforcement. The defendants, who hail from California, Canada and Brooklyn, made a mistake by stopping in Queens County to distribute their illegal wares. They now face serious drug charges."

Police Commissioner William Bratton said, "I commend the work of the Drug Enforcement Task Force for intercepting this large amount of illegal drugs before it could be distributed onto the streets of New York City. The NYPD is committed to working with our law enforcement partners to protect the quality of life for all of our communities."

State Police Superintendent Joseph D'Amico said, "Because of the heads-up police work by members of the New York Drug Enforcement Task Force, we have taken an enormous amount of marijuana off the streets and put the six men responsible in handcuffs. I want to thank our local and federal partners for their hard work and dedication to slowing the flow of illegal drugs into New York State."

Weiyang Yao, 47, of Cucamonga, California, Yuejiang Zeng, 53, of San Gabriel, California, Shan Wu Zhang, 30, of British Columbia, Canada, and Duanzhao Zhang, 38, Tong Shun Zhang, 29, and Tong Zhew Zhang, 24, all of Brooklyn will appear in Queens Criminal Court Tuesday

They will each be charged with first-degree criminal possession of marijuana. If convicted, the defendants each face up to five and a half years in prison.

*****************************************************************************************************

In the early 1980's, when I used to frequent Manhattan and Brooklyn (much like the works that these dudes were doing), it was estimated that the greater New York City region smoked 5 tons daily.

This bust would have been enough only for a Saturday afternoon in Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Long Island.

Makes you wonder how the other 1,825 tons ( 3,650,000 lbs) made it in every day without problems.......

I actually met, in prison, the man who was responsible for the first ounce of weed that I bought in Denver in 1969 for $15....some beautiful Panama Red. During his 6-7 year reign as a top weed importer he was receiving tankers to the west coast of Florida on at least a monthly basis with an average of 100 tons per boat. He had a fleet of refrigerated trucks that went to all the major cities in the USA carrying 10-20 tons a load. All of his loads had the Florida stae seal on their locks, purchased by him from a customs agent. Inside of the back door was a 3-foot thick wall of frozen fish, just like the truck company's bill of lading said the cargo within was supposed to be.

When his empire fell he told me that the DEA and US Customs agency only wanted him to provide info on any government officials, lawyers, celebrities, and judges that he worked with. His busted crews, captains, and truckers were incidental and while given jail time, were not the targets. They wanted the top dogs making it all possible to happen.

He told me that several judges in 3 states fell along with many lawyers and government officials that were getting rich. He was not a happy man, though he knew that it had not been worth it in the long run. Still, he found it curious that I had been one of those to get his products in Denver in 1969 and was now bunking with him for awhile. Like many big time importers that I met traveling on the inside of the system, he was even a bit concerned that I might be getting close to him in order to testify to something that he said in confidence.

Yes, that bullshit happens a lot inside and my crime partner had several episodes where guys tried to hook him up with other peeps under the guise of doing business from the inside, a popular past time for guys doing 5, 10, or more. Fortunately my friend was wise beyond his years and could spot a deviate like these without letting on. He frequently turned the tables and had some of them working against each other just for giggles......

Sforza

Veteran
I met traveling on the inside of the system

I was back East last week and spent a little time with an old buddy of mine who spent five years in the Federal System and then was on probation for another five years. He got caught running kilos of coke between South Florida and points north.

He talked about the way they keep moving the prisoners around by plane and bus from one prison to another. I guess that is to keep the inmates from getting too well organized and taking over the prison. He spent the most time at the facility in Big Springs, TX. I stopped there on a trip between Texas and Arizona to look him up, but I was not on the guest list so I was turned away. It was an evil looking place with lots of razor wire in a bleak and desolated area of West Texas.

Latest posts

Latest posts