What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

Freyr

Hey MadJag….thanks for this thread, the stories, and for your posts about the new(er) drafts that are being put together.

I too live/grow here in Arizona…right next to the San Xavier Rez just west of Tucson.

Bought a nice little piece of land out here about 4 years ago now and absolutely Love it.

ahhhhhhhhh, the country life! :)

Not much of a MMJ community down here tho. ….at least not any legit ones from what i've seen/experienced.

waveguide

Veteran
legal medical.. dispensaries appeared, the folks i knew got taken out.

the old club was glorious.. heroes and smoke.

stickydank

Damn Its been busy up here!!!! evrythings good !!!!!!!!!!! had to go to denver lol
shit its full on P2Ps i have a doctor i'll be setting up appts. soon! for the mmj card recs.
and we'll do the paper work too PM ME if ya want the card or if you have the card and need meds.!!!!!!!! PEACE STICKYDANK

Freyr

always plenty of meds here sticky….but thanks for the offer.

and thats a pretty sweet deal you have worked out with that Co. doc.

we have a doc in Cali that I go see annually since we've got family out there and are always visiting.

Madjag

Veteran
Don't ask me how......it seems outside the current laws so it might be a Landmark case:

County vote opens door on outdoor marijuana grow

By Raquel Hendrickson

February 18, 2015 - 5:45 pm
[County vote opens door on outdoor marijuana grow]

A Casa Grande dairy is turning toward growing medical marijuana.

A split vote by the Pinal County Board of Supervisors approved a text change that will pave the way for a Casa Grande dairy to grow marijuana.

Sidewinder Dairy, owned by Sean Dugan, is planning to cultivate marijuana for medical use. The issue divided politicians and farmers alike.

“I’m a very strong supporter of farmers and their quest and freedom to grow the crops that they choose,” District 3 Supervisor Anthony Smith said.

Smith requested two compromises to the proposed amendment before he, District 3 Supervisor Stephen Miller and District 5 Supervisor Todd House voted to approve the ordinance.

The original proposal was for growing marijuana on 10 acres and to be reviewed after two years. As approved, the allowable acres-per-site was diminished to five acres, with the operation to be reviewed after one year.

The proposal of Sidewinder Dairy as a marijuana cultivation site must come back before the board. The ordinance approved Wednesday allows the outdoor cultivation of medical marijuana with a special use permit and adds larger setbacks from residential areas.

The county’s planning commission, on a 9-1 vote, had recommended denying the amendment. County Attorney Lando Voyles sent in a letter in opposition, as did Maricopa's Peggy Chapados.

During Wednesday’s meeting of the board, several residents spoke in opposition, and several others had their names entered in support.

Sharon Boyd of the Coolidge Youth Coalition said she came from a farming lineage of cotton, corn and watermelons. “We grew crops to feed people. We grew crops to clothe people. We did not grow a drug,” she said. “We would have starved before we would have grown marijuana.”

She said she did not want the county to have the new logo: “Marijuana, the crop that saved Pinal County.”

After the planning commission vote and a work session with the Board of Supervisors, county staff met with the Dugan family and their agents and came up with the third alternative for the requirements. Though the ordinance has countywide implications, the Rose Law Group, representing Sidewinder, played a major role in hammering out the details.

“It’s not about medical marijuana; it’s about private property rights,” Jordan Rose said. She said the ordinance was only a minor text change. Sidewinder, she added, would be an “hourly surveilled, night-vision operation.”

The plan is for 10-foot walls. The growers would be required to give the sheriff’s office three-days notice of any harvest or transportation of the product.

Smith said he wanted to keep a close watch on it because the “experimental nature of the cultivation.”

House, who engaged in a brusque exchange with Casa Grande Alliance Chairman Thomas Anderson, called it “a grand experiment” because marijuana cannot grow well above 80 degrees.

“Whether you like it or not, medical marijuana has been voted on and is the law of the land,” House said.

He said those who worry about the impact on children should classify potatoes as a drug because of obesity issues from eating french fries.

Both sides produced petitions with signatures representing hundreds of people.

Smith said he did not vote for the legalization of medical marijuana, but the supervisors “were forced into this situation by the voters.”

District 1 Supervisor Pete Rios, who ended up voting against the amendment along with Chairperson Cheryl Chase, also said public sentiment had swung in favor of medical marijuana.

“It’s an industry that’s out there, and the train has left the station,” he said. “We’ve lost the battle on medical marijuana. That’s why it makes it difficult for those in elected office to try and stop a train.”

Chapados said she did not agree. She said that stand was an attempt to pass the buck back to the voters. “The voters approved the use of medical marijuana, not the cultivation of it or the location,” she said. “That was on the Board of Supervisors.”

She said the issue initially was about allowing 217 times greater than state statute required as a maximum, going from an enclosed building to a 10-acre farm. “Don’t try to push that back on the voters,” she said.

Chapados said the board had more research and vetting to do on the issue.

and then, later that day......

15.Feb.2015

Pinal farmer wins permission to grow marijuana

http://www.arizonadailyindependent....visors-vote-to-allow-dairy-to-grow-marijuana/

Apache Kush

Damn Its been busy up here!!!! evrythings good !!!!!!!!!!! had to go to denver lol
shit its full on P2Ps i have a doctor i'll be setting up appts. soon! for the mmj card recs.
and we'll do the paper work too PM ME if ya want the card or if you have the card and need meds.!!!!!!!! PEACE STICKYDANK

Cool, man good doctor

Last edited:

Freyr

Hey Madjag…. I couldn't reply to the message you sent me because I don't have enough posts yet.

But yea man, coffee sounds great!

Hit me up Anytime!

R

rbt

Don't ask me how......it seems outside the current laws so it might be a Landmark case:

I have posted a little about the agriculture market watch of these industrial/commercial farms. First attempt If this goes I can see wholesale prices @ $800-$1200. The reason this flies the state is always posting on the AZDHS website ruling by administrative judges. Which are not prosecutorial very easily in County Superior Court. I am in contact with this community just wait for the tsunami of product available. Just a little math 5 acres with 9 square feet per plant is 24,200 plants 1 LB each @ current wholesale prices of $3000.00 = 72 million 600 thousand for one grow on 5 acres. Not to mention the residual product for edibles.

Opinion the commercial operation will make buckets of money at the prices I estimated. The gov. will get it's money and the small quality grower will be gone. To stay alive keep the Medical paramount demand quality test on every bit of product sold. Stop this Idea of a Dept of Marijuana put demands on the AZDHS on standards for medical strains purity, impurities fertilizers pesticides percentages cannabinoids the highest 9. the price in AZ needs to come down to $10.00 gm to $200.00 oz there I see a long term market grower I see and it just wont be profitable to the backyard grower. I know Medical Marijuana is making itself into the recreational market. I don't give that much concern as it is a established market as it is. So the supply if it comes from local grown rather than imported I am all for that. In a way I would think if the Medical patient has to acquire Herb for the recreational friend. I am sure he wants to get the best and tastiest he can so in a way it is kind of double sold. Just an old stoner thoughts.

R

rbt

hey rbt, that's about what it goes for here already where i'm at.

any lower, i'll starve.

I understand so the Safer Arizona Advocates are wanting legalization more suppliers less customers.

Just why do you think the prices are this high now because of limited availability to market by a select 68,000 qualified buyers

IMHO to keep a higher price keep demands on the AZDHS to quality control and standards demand testing each piece of product or at least 45% test for everything under the sun. The money is there we have already paid for it as consumers with medical cards.

Just a question to ponder Copper production takes just 6% of the labor to produce a pound of copper as it took in 1972. The American factory 69% as been replaced by automation. How successful was "Farm Aid" in keeping the family farm. I wont discuss the efficiency of your grow but as you see as always it is always about money and there have never been any rules there. So I am to take it for faith that the Government is going to protect me from a insidious market demand because I grew primo stuff Really ? What Arizona has now is a strong legit market that NEEDS TO BE FOCUSED BY THE PATIENT NOT THE DISPENSARIES OR THEIR SUPPLIERS. All standards must come from and be written the University Of AZ or ASU. That way it stay property of the state and land grant institutions. For Quality and Site inspectors they can enlist grad students from our fantastic Agriculture College. It is a Land Grant institution and therefore if pass my voter proposition the board of regent cant refuse. To many of these people are drunk thinking that are going to make a good living off a few good grows. More like the 3 little pigs in a house of hemp and the wolves at the door. Safer Arizona end runs at market control market is disturbing

R

rbt

A possibility it we take any particular strain flower trim extract plant parts grind together with extracts guarantee percentage and emulsifiers to maintain burn marketed in 3-5 pack like Canadian cigarettes. the say go to a retailer and can I have a pack of white widow / OG Kush, being guaranteed of THC and whatever your looking for. This is what happened to the tobacco companies when they were not regulated by the FDA. So why would we take away from an Government Agency that it's job is to maintain health AZDHS and start a Marijuana Board which job is to maintain grow amount, distribution place, tax revenues, intellectual properties and procurement of them Cha Ching. So what do you want a pack of northern lights? or AZDHS has shown Northern Lights to be good in this effects as proven by the university

stickydank

Fuck em I have 5 sections 640 times acres X times ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets grow on Just 40-80 ACRES i NEED seeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking drought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1ST TRIM WILL BE A bITCH LOL Need a few border jumpers LOL for slave labour
this is in N.M. IN B.F.E tooo

stickydank

Lets rallie together and become rich we all have shed our blood growing paid our dues THE TIME TOO Join FORCES IN NIGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Or watch me make this happen or somthing happen
2/3rds of the water in the canal to tucson get evaprated on the way too tucson so make hemp fiber covers to trap the water reverse osmosis pure H2o and starts to farm food along the AZwaterCANAL and we could feed AZ for FREE

R

rbt

labor

labor

Fuck em I have 5 sections 640 times acres X times ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets grow on Just 40-80 ACRES i NEED seeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking drought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1ST TRIM WILL BE A bITCH LOL Need a few border jumpers LOL for slave labour
this is in N.M. IN B.F.E tooo

Common go down to Animas or Columbus put up a sign for both wait around the café @ Palomas you can have both. Would anyone do business with connections from the internet. This is just youthful expression I take everything I say as others as good stories like sitting at the truckers table in a Travel America T/A truck stop good entertainment but hardly trustworthy. Grandma told me a long time ago "Don't let anyone take your picture that you don't want the world to see" Ask Michael Phelps SOB took a picture of him in my house he would have had to have the pieces of that camera/phone surgically removed in more than a few operations.
But the world has changed and so have my practices and thoughts in those matters. A story just what it is a story fiction. I was living in a home 10 miles outside Sasabe dating a lady that worked at Sara's sour dough sandwich shop in Arivaca. A beautiful person with the wonderful loving personality that I later had to turn my back on. I was in a coop grow but across the border in Sonora. We had tried the Buenos Aries game refuge but the traffic increased. At the time we were working with polyploidy and sinsemilla concepts had a hell of time with the rancher we grew on property as his ides was just weight. Well all of our product went East to NY or a police official around vacations spots that way the cops controlled the distribution and who was doing business. we were getting $3000.00 a pound back in the 80's into the 90's. We were able to pay the rancher then a new management team came around staff changed. And it was no longer available. One has to understand that dealing with the Mexicans guaranteed mutual assured destruction for trespassers and must be adhered too is essential otherwise what you think you have control over here in your grow is quickly taken over I have seen it happen time and time again in Payson In Strawberry in Chino Valley. Be careful and thoughts and prayers go to this season get them in the ground soon last hard freeze soon to be over.

waveguide

Veteran
you could never feed/improve arizona for free. someone is either making money off of what you're stopping or will try to make money off of stopping you. and their fat ass is probably just sitting around waiting for you or someone like you right now.

small gets it done. money can go fuck itself, unless i find it first, then i'll help.

R

rbt

Sticky Your close enough get yourself a Mescalero give him a partnership grow in the Aldo Leopold's on the res quiet and clandestine. They have always been honorable to me a pleasure to do business with cant cook worth a dam but great people.

Latest posts

Latest posts