What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

LedLara

Using the 3000K the whole grow here, they do good even tho the Haze plants stretch a lot.

Could this be way less with a higher K rate? I guess the Haze anyway wants to stretch..

shigoga

Using the 3000K the whole grow here, they do good even tho the Haze plants stretch a lot.

Could this be way less with a higher K rate? I guess the Haze anyway wants to stretch..

How many bulbs of how many watts? how many lumens per bulb? for how many plants?

LedLara

3 Plants; 2x Arjan's Ultra Haze #2, and 1 Acapulco Gold(Barneys)

7 Bulbs of 11 watts each, 1000 lumen, around 4'' from cannopy

2.5 square foot cab, 3 foot total height

Brianne617

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you so much for putting the wonderful work. I knew they would work but not nearly that good. You absolutely killed it, I'm extremely impressed.. I only have a 400w hps in a 4*4 tent and I was just about to waste mad money on new led panel. I have honestly been reading every single scientific paper and spec sheet for 3days trying to get a real answer. I am glad I looked on here it was driving this girl nuts.

BruceBanner

Veteran

I had mine 2 Oaxacans, ACE Panama, CBG Sugarloaf, Queen Mother in veg under 6000K and they were very squat and bushy, minimum stretch, so it can be because of K...

Look, those 6000K ruined me lol :D (but so did underwatering, late rootbounded transplants and small pots)

wj7uc9.jpg

2m2htgp.jpg

Last edited:

MdNewgrower

BruceBanner;7821135[URL=http://i68.tinypic.com/2m2htgp.jpg said:
View Image[/URL]

Oh, how did you mount those bulbs. I have been using powerstrips and adapters, much ....ummmmmm, bulkier, ....than what you have....

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I really like BruceBanner's setup - very organized! Almost looks like track with line voltage fixtures - can you elaborate on what you did there?

Remember my flowering fixture improvements from post #1056 in this thread?
picture.php

I finally got around to putting a light meter in my veg / flower areas:
picture.php

I'm pretty sure that this meter (approximately) measures in umol. Outside in direct sunshine at noon in July is 2000+ (pinned hard right). 1200-1300 is bright shade at noon. Most 1000w canopies I've visited hold around 1300-1600 at the canopy, 600w canopies are usually 1000-1400. My 240w Blackstar is right around 800-1200 at the canopy.

picture.php

So now the question is, will this 2.5'x3.5' Alien Orange Cookies x Alien Dawg Ether produce 248g for the 248 watts its sitting under? (I don't think it will. :laughing:)

BruceBanner

Veteran
Thanks, I mounted them very simple, ceramic fixtures have holes for screws, and I wired them plus on plus and minus on minus, that's all lol :D

2 Oaxacans in this department of closet

23r8hso.jpg

Lilly in the funny one

mw858x.jpg

she's a little beast isn't she, and I've noticed it's intelligent plant (next to her in plastic cup is a Oaxacan desperate attempt to get a male lol)

xlavcx.jpg

And big one for Panama, SugarLoaf, Queen Mother (taught it's a male so I chopped one branch for space, but she changed her mind and became full female, or she was a female but it didn't looked so to me)

11910lv.jpg

Last edited:

frica

Had a pepper plant that was under 2 Osram 20W parathoms and the last 23w CFL (which still has to go to the recycle bin)

Transplanted it into a 5 gallon pot after it had 2.5 sets of true leaves, now it's all droopy probably because of too much light. (I hope)
Quickly toned down the lighting (6x 13w 1521lm Philips / 3x 20w Osram parathom), by removing 2 Osram's and a few minutes later 2 philips bulbs.

Hope I didn't damage anything bad during transplanting and it's just temporary light stress.

Otherwise I still have 2 seedlings as backup.

MdNewgrower

Ah, I see how the cleated outlets work now. My power strips will suffice for now.

A couple from this morning...

Attachments

• 20170215_061837.jpg
    20170215_061837.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170215_061822.jpg
    20170215_061822.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170215_061749.jpg
    20170215_061749.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 17

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Philips 13w/2700k/1521lumen bulbs in a 7 in 1 multi socket hanging in a tent:

fem Bubblegum going 12/12 soon. Works great so far.

CC

argo430

Veteran
Thanks to this thread i just replaced 300220 W of first gen burple mars panel and ufo and replaced it with 120 W of 10W 3000K bright white bulbs to supplement my 315CML i measured 46 VDC at the chip on the one i checked in case sombody wants to get em real dense and run dc wiring instead of AC

attachment.php

Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
Ok high as fuck on some durban poison heated puck goo i try this again...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I had a few min so i up graded the original ghetto strip with some 14AWG teflon aircraft wire and three more bases so version two has 90 watts 6 at 3000K and 3 @ 4500K

attachment.php

Then i decided to rebuild the second one completely so it now has 11 bases and 11 ten watt 3000K bulbs this should do it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I appreciate all the great reading/ knowledge you cats dropped on me. Fresh topics are awesome.

Attachments

• oh yeagoo.jpg
    oh yeagoo.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
  • puckgooie.jpg
    puckgooie.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: