What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Bishop916

Got my ladies under 135w of 2700k @ 18/6 until next feeding when I'll flip the switch.
b0XOT

Cheers!

if you put a knife or so under the "dot" (the metal thing that connects to the socket) and flip it out, you can remove the wire from it

S

sillyhead123

Very easy, I have posted pictures on page 91, but first you need to unsolder it, so you don't rip off the cable that's attached to bulb base with pulling out the whole electronics

perfect, so just remove, wire all + together, and - together, then cut a small extension cord and wire the + together, and same for -. Then hotglue it to a small aluminum strip?

BruceBanner

Veteran
You need to screw it to aluminium trough those existing holes, but before that, put that white "cooling" paste on the surface.

Tbonegrower

What are your observing in the effect of cannabis when compared to the old lights? :)

It is coming out a bit better actually. I am seeing some more consistent density that I had not seen in the past. My yield is more consistent, even though my pots are smaller (I went from 7x7 squares to 5x5 squares). I am pulling around 25g from a plant every two weeks in a perpetual setup. My loose observation is that they frost up better and make for all around better smoke. Plus the box runs cool enough that I am only running my extraction at around 50%. I am at ~133 watts total in LEDs inside ~4 sq ft. If I wasn't so damn busy I would actually put up a thread....

frica

Just got my 20 watt, 2452 lumen Osram LED bulbs.

Bright as fuck in a 2 by 2 growbox.

Going to rummage for my hacksaw and see how it is with the diffuser removed.

kasvi

Just got my 20 watt, 2452 lumen Osram LED bulbs.

Bright as fuck in a 2 by 2 growbox.

Going to rummage for my hacksaw and see how it is with the diffuser removed.
How many bulbs you got?

How many 20w led bulbs you guys recomend I get for Antec 300 pc case? Its dimensions are 18.30" x 8.10" x 18.00"(H x W x D) Maybe 5? Someone mentioned recommended wattage but I dont find it anymore.

kasvi

I found what I was looking for.

I would definitely go with LED over CFL. I switched to COB LED in my flower cab and the results are way better. If I didn't go COB I would have gone screw in LED. I think most people are finding that 30-50 watts per square foot is pretty good with the screw ins. More than that seems be diminishing returns.

Good luck!

I think I will go with 4 in one pc and 3 in another. After few runs I know whitch is better. :)

Bishop916

So I had my 2 plants under 15 screwins for a few days now and the leaves got very droopy like a eagle claw. Early diagnosis is light stress, so I raised the lights to 12-14" from 4-6", I'm hoping that will help.
Thoughts?

Tbonegrower

So I had my 2 plants under 15 screwins for a few days now and the leaves got very droopy like a eagle claw. Early diagnosis is light stress, so I raised the lights to 12-14" from 4-6", I'm hoping that will help.
Thoughts?

Have you checked out the infirmary? We probably shouldn't turn Blynx's thread into "diagnose my plant that happens to be under LEDs". IMHO it sounds like a soil water content issue.

Bishop916

Not looking for diagnosis...

Not looking for diagnosis...

Sorry for leaving that comment to that regard.

I was more looking for proper distance from light to canopy to ensure that the plants aren't getting stressed straight out of veg.

They were veg'd under 8 23w CFLs btw.
Thanks anyways.

BruceBanner

Veteran
@Tbonegrower
I think we should, because it's about the LEDs, so all knowledge about them is here in one place :)

frica

How many bulbs you got?

How many 20w led bulbs you guys recomend I get for Antec 300 pc case? Its dimensions are 18.30" x 8.10" x 18.00"(H x W x D) Maybe 5? Someone mentioned recommended wattage but I dont find it anymore.

Like 3.
30-50w per square foot.

is it this one?

View Image

Can you make a pic from the insight?

Keep on growing :)
Mine were in a carton box, but from I read from your image filename and the specs from led.de they're the exact same.

20170108_102455.jpg