What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

big ups to blynx and terpene. due to circumstances, i'm doing a legal perpetual grow with 239 watts of screw-in leds in about 2.5' x 2'. whatever works right?

offtopic

@mexcurandero420

here u can see them working.
Its the Osram Led star a150 20 Watt 2500 lm
attachment.php

View image in gallery

offtopic

:) This is 2700 k, the light in the middle is another Model as you maybee can see,
its 15 w 1300lm 2700k.

I use them for vegetation at the moment.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I was wondering what the effect will be when you flower sativa's under those 2700 K, not only the yield effect, but also the high effect.

Keep on growing :)

offtopic

Im still a noob and im not experienced so I really dont know, but as it seems there is a difference in growth and nutrient uptake created by different kinds of spectral distribution.

I got a second room using mars hydro 300 doing 12/12 from seed with the same Seeds im growing in the other Room.

I made this seeds on my very first run. And "instant watered"them about a week ago.

But since this room is 24/0 i cant do a real comparision.

As you can see in man we have a Serotonin Metabolism closely related to vitamin d uptake wich can by itself only be uptaken if getting enough of the right light.

I see absolutely no reason why this shouldnt happen to plants, too.

offtopic

Haha kasvi really?
I havent got one so i use a carpet knive just follow the line and press a bit. 2 Minutes work But you got to be a bit carefull with it.

offtopic

I had been looking too, dunno if u can get them in us. maybee have a look at parathom, could be that the led star series is only available in europe.
In Germany u pay round about 13€ for 1 bulb

frica

does anyone have a link to buy those 20w Osram bulbs in the US? Can't seem to find them, thanks

Osram is a German brand, which explains why you can't seem to find them.

On the other hand, philips also has really efficient bulbs.
In the EU we have the 13w (100w equiv) which is 117 lm/w.

But not sure if you can get in the US.

But you can get the 14.5w one at homedepot.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-...te-A19-LED-Light-Bulb-2-Pack-461961/206923033

Which has 103 lm/w.
The daylight one is 107 lm/w iirc.

Muleskinner

Veteran
But the Osram bulbs will be 220-240v and not work in North American right? too bad, I guess we stick with Philips, Cree, etc.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Philips has a 20w too...
But i find that no matter what brand and no matter where you reside, if you go beyond 10w prices increase exponentially. I'm using Philips 13w/1521Lumen/2700k bulbs and their still ok priced at 6EUR, but the 20w...are 20EUR around here !

frica

Philips has a 20w too...
But i find that no matter what brand and no matter where you reside, if you go beyond 10w prices increase exponentially. I'm using Philips 13w/1521Lumen/2700k bulbs and their still ok priced at 6EUR, but the 20w...are 20EUR around here !

At leds.de the philips 13w is 4,68 euros.

Which makes it about as expensive per watt as a DE gavita.
The higher wattage bulbs do tend to get more expensive per watt.

The 20w osram is 10-11 euros online

offtopic

4,68€, that sounds pretty nice. I bought my A150 for around 13€ when they just became available.

But they get pretty hot! You may not tuch them for more than around 2-3 seconds