What's new

Northern Lights types 1-11

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
the test results shown in authentic genetics' purest indica pics were pretty eye opening... where they compare it to og kush terp results... wild.

and then some of the pics on this thread, amazing how much some nl looks like some chem plants.

those that have grown both... do some NLs smell like that funky chem stank?

CharlesU Farley

Anyone who thinks they are dealing with a _real_ , actual numbered version of Northern Lights is only fooling themselves... especially any version Mr McCormick is pimping:

Anyone who thinks this would be NL #1, what he calls "purest indica", must have a profound lack of knowledge, some serious observational issues and/or not understand what the true _structure_ of a Type II/Indica is. I'll give you a hint, it ain't this:

PURESTINDICA_0e2ff7cc-bd88-408e-b327-d64d23045d21.png

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
@CharlesU Farley

todd is very open about them being NL seeds found in a freezer and not clones from the original northern lights... the seeds should be expected to show some variation.

also, i've never been all that into afghan indicas (never liked lethargy) , but it's obvious that pure afghani weed has a LOT of variation depending on the region and even plants in the same fields. morphology can change depending on growing conditions.

did you look at ALL the pics on that page? there's one where the leaves are super chunky and look literally exactly (to my fallible eyes) like the ones from the vintage page taken from steven murphy's book where he says it's that pure indica.

anyway, i'm not really sure what your point is, if you're responding to me (you did leave that emoji on my post, so i'm guessing here that you are)...

my question was about whether ppl think the northern lights varieties can smell super chemmy like chemdog and the relatives... and nothing to do with whether the todd mccormick NL#1 is a pure indica.

CharlesU Farley

@CharlesU Farley
my question was about whether ppl think the northern lights varieties can smell super chemmy like chemdog and the relatives... and nothing to do with whether the todd mccormick NL#1 is a pure indica.
Was responding to your post because it was the last one in this thread. If you read the full thread that I provided, you'll see that one of the major advantages of NL was that, in fact, it did _not_ smell. At the time it was developed, that was the major advantage of NL. It didn't stink like skunk, or other indica heavy hybrids, so you could grow it indoors and not get busted.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
interesting.

well if it's true about those AG test results, i wonder what components are to blame for the diesely pungency of og and/ or chem varietals.

maybe sulphur containing conpounds? like it is speculated are in the funky skunkies?

i know pure myrcene smells rubbery/ solventy, iirc limonene smells like fake lemonade made from a mix powder, pure caryophyllene and humulene (aka alpha caryophyllene) smell woody and like cedar lite/ pepper without the pungency... so i dunno what could make that super fawnky dawnkey juntae aside from thiols.

Last edited: