What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Nobody's Nursery

Nobody's Nursery

Some more pics of the Azure Haze male in different testing environments.
Screenshot_20221212-144457-123.png
Screenshot_20221212-144536-511.png
Screenshot_20221212-144321-641.png
Screenshot_20221212-144558-357.png
Screenshot_20221212-144518-888.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212-144432-602.png
    Screenshot_20221212-144432-602.png
    1 MB · Views: 50

EnjoyingLife

Overall it's an outstanding worked versions of the black haze from Florida.

Yes. I have the VB164 clone.

No. I don't mess with fem crosses.

Yes. Only ran 3 or 4 packs last summer as a test flight but liked what I saw.....gonna go back and do a proper hunt soon with the mom as a side by side. Think of the Santa Cruz Pure Haze as a Columbian/Thai hybrid with zero Dutch haze influence. When you add Doc's A5/Thai bx male the Dutch haze shows up with it.
I am very interested to see what comes from the BH IX 3.0 seeds I have. I'd like to cross it but Idk to what yet. Destroyer sounds like a good candidate. Possibly Docs SCPH X WMHP but I'd like to keep Dutch influence out of that for now. I also have Honduras from Ace that could blend well. Nanan-Bouclou is another option.

Do you have plans on working with the VB164 more?

The Santa Cruz Pure Haze X Watermelon Hashplant is what I have. I think Destroyer would mix well with SCPH as it's a Mexican/Columbian X Thai. I'm not sure how the WMHP would play in that but time will tell =]

mexicani-ar

Thanks man....I'm stoked on the RGB males and excited to see how the F3s are gonna smoke.

The Azure Haze male I had is gone now but I crossed it to a few things before I lost it .
Made a Santa Cruz Blue Dream ibl with it also crossed the male back to the blueberry clone as well. Shared some of the seeds over on discord and still have some left to make f gens.

Just playing around with all these angles to try and build a blueberry sativa that's more than just terps.

That Santa Cruz Blue Dream x Azure Haze sounds like a great cross .

Good luck on the Blueberry Sativa project.

EnjoyingLife

Wat Pho from Doc D
Temple X A5 Haze/Thai bx
These are my male and female keeper selections. The line has 7up, Thai Haze, Floral Mango type smells with varying amounts of sandalwood.
I made a few fast finishing haze crosses with the male and they came out good. Doc D does great work IMO.
View attachment 18791665
View attachment 18791661
That male keeper is crazy looking. I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so this question is going to show it but I am asking anyways...

Is it a true male or is it a hermie. I know males can be resinous and it s a trait one may want to look for when breeding but there seems to be calyx there also.

Do you have anything with Harlequin in it?

Nobody's Nursery

Is it a true male or is it a hermie.
It's a male I found hunting through reg seeds. It just has resin while in flower. Some times males have resin. Sometimes they don't. It's not super uncommon to see resin on a regular male though.
Do you have anything with Harlequin in it?
No I am the last guy to ask about CBD strains. I'm more into LSD and big bong rips of hazy goodness. I'm working the opposite side of the spectrum from the CBD crowd. 😂🤙

EnjoyingLife

It's a male I found hunting through reg seeds. It just has resin while in flower. Some times males have resin. Sometimes they don't. It's not super uncommon to see resin on a regular male though.

No I am the last guy to ask about CBD strains. I'm more into LSD and big bong rips of hazy goodness. I'm working the opposite side of the spectrum from the CBD crowd. 😂🤙
I've read about males but it seems very limited on what one can find. I have read that they are sometimes resinous. Interesting to hear it's not uncommon. I've asked this question on another forum but didn't really get to much of an answer so I am going to ask you as you clearly breed or at least have experience in this area. What do you look for in a breeding male? I know progeny testing is where the proof lays but what do you personally look for in a male you want to breed with? What would you avoid?

When I was younger I used weed and a few other drugs as crutches. Pretty much if it changed perception in any way let me have it and A LOT of it! These days I just look to take the edge off of my depression, rage and anxiety. I gave myself a long break from everything. When I started using this plant again I started with higher CBD than THC but have found that higher THC than CBD is actually more helpful for me so I have went that direction. I am still interested in CBD strains though so figured I'd ask.

I like mushrooms more than LSD but can't say huge bong rips of hazy goodness isn't of interest =]

EnjoyingLife

I just look for the males that are obvious drug plants. Hit em to a familiar clone and smoke test the progeny. If the progeny smoke as good or better than the mom I keep the male.

Now that I read this answer I'm pretty sure it was a repeat question - my bad! Either that or someone else asked the question or you said this is how I pheno hunt... it may have been in that info you posted awhile back. Thanks for repeating yourself and not being an ass about it

Nobody's Nursery

As promised I'm releasing this clone to the community today.....
Merry Christmas!!! 🎅🎄⛄🦌

❄️⛪❄️ The Church ❄️⛪❄️
Screenshot_20221225-071735-753.png

Screenshot_20221225-071808-928.png

Screenshot_20221215-161745-196.png

"The Church" is a clone only of a rare pheno that showed up only once out of 20 packs of Doc D's Bandaid Haze ix3.0. It's a great production haze mom with excellent resin production and a deep, rich frankincense terp profile. Fast finishing and easy to grow. Has a kind, swirly psychedelic headspace with no paranoia or sinister vibes. Another winner from Doc D Seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts