What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That looks like a good burger joint, Buzz, i'd like to try the mother of dragons and the sundance kid, even though they might be too spicy to really enjoy. Do they come with fries? I like that the specialty burgers only cost $1 more than the standard one.

Nice play on the words 'quarter back'. I was thinking of laying a bet on herbert under 4k passing yds this season, since his top 2 receivers from last season are gone, actually top 3 if u include austin ekeler, who's more of a threat receiving than running. But then again carson wentz once threw 4k yds with the eagles with no WR getting more than 500yds (his TE, Zach ertz, had 900 yds) so maybe that's a bet ill avoid for now.

NFL teams are reporting to training camp this week. Jordan love, Packers QB, has said he wont practice until he gets a contract extension which the team is willing to give him so it should be announced soon.

So u made bubble hash, superx? Ive only made it once or twice, yeah that final bag (73m) probably takes forever to drain. How about the larger micron sizes, do they tend to produce darker hash?
Almost 2 oz of return on the 1st run is a good amount, how long will that last u?

Hopefully DB gets a good harvest, he lives in an apartment that requires annual inspections so it's a bit iffy growing there, but he has plenty of advance notice so it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Sometimes the best bet is the one u dont make, i might throw a bit on the game next sunday but want to be able to watch it at least, ill see. I hope u get to watch it and have some drinks as well, not fair that u always have to be the designated driver but maybe ur just the responsible one.

Ive heard of using ice cold water to make a lighter, crispier batter but carbonated water im not sure ive seen that, makes sense tho. I suppose if you were battering something sweet (deep fried oreo?) you could use soda as well since the sugar just adds to it.

I havent heard of Snapdragon stadium but I guess it was constructed a few years ago? Like Pops said it's only 35K seat capacity but supposedly expandable up to 55K if they get another nfl team.
Youre a Man U fan, Supx? Thats like being a Yankees fan for MLB. Not hating, just wondering if there's another u like them other than theyre the most successful historically.

Using a flatiron to press/heat hash is a nice lifehack, figures that Pops has already done it before. If only u could put ur own seal/mark into the hash at the same time, like an "SX" or something.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
under 4k; that bet might be in the money baba
like you said the chargers have lost a lot of key players on offense and seem to be rebuilding around herbert
i need to look more at their schedule but it should be pretty soft being an afc.w team
remember when i was all into hash baba? it was just something i enjoyed smoking, but would knead it into balls and just tear off pieces
then a friend told me about this rosin stuff and how easy it is to make with things around the house; so i had to try it
the carbonated water is similar to a beer batter, the bubbles make the batter fluffier
it would be sweet to go back and check it out but i think a man u game would be pretty popular but im not that well versed in the flop ball just yet
i saw that mother of all dragons burger too! but like you said, that looked spicy
i might have talked the ex into going to freddys with me! soon
she gets the pin pulled out of her hand this week so i was wondering if maybe next week we could hang out?

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, but im also a bit scared that if Herbert plays all 17 games, he could cobble together enough passing yds to top 4k, that's only 235 pass yds a game. I know Booger eater wants to run the ball down the opponent's throat, but if theyre successful at that the defense will bring an extra defender down and then Herbert can go for some deep shots. I think he might be even better than mahomes at passes 30+yds past the line of scrimmage.
Ill think about it, it's one of those things where that bet might look like $$ the first half or 3/4 of the season, and then herbert cranks up the juice the rest of the games, probably has a 400yd game the last week of the season to kill it, lol.

I think in Morocco the local hash farmers would roll the kief between their hands and spit in it for more moisture to form cylinders/balls that could be hand pressed into bricks. So if u ever get the real deal Moroccon stuff you might be smoking some old moroccon dude's spit, lol.

Yeah ur right, beer batter is a thing. I was thinking of tempura better where they use ice cold water to make it light and crispy. Or cold butter or water in a biscuit mix to make it fluffy and have layers.

I think the Olympics start today with some soccer and rugby games. The opening ceremony isnt till Saturday tho but some events start earlier.
Break dancing is going to be an olympic sport for the first time. I gotta see some of that, not that im into it but id like to see how it's judged.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey babba, I normally go with 160 using bubble bags, when making bubble hash the final bag size is 73 micron (time and patience is essential when using the 73) I don't weigh plant matter, a shopping bag full returned 46 grams yesterday with out going to heavy on the shake, I will get another run out of it before turning it into butter. My portable vape can pack .3 of a gram, not sure what the chamber of the volcano holds, its a ridiculous amount. Probably ×3 or x4 of the portable.

I'm sure doober would appreciate the quality, I'm sure he also resides in a legal state? He's got leds/seeds/ and a place to grow, access to icmag 24/7 he should have kief coming out of his ears...

You certainly did dodge a bullet not backing Cork babba, apparently they were favourites as well.
Lots of people talking about the game in work, really was a showcase, some of the flick ons were outrageous it went down to the wire and anyone could of won it. Was a shame there had to be a looser.
Football is next Sunday, (the 28th) hope mrs superx will be driving me to the city to view it with the lads, I can get to chill out and have a few pints of the black stuff..

I get what you mean regarding the burgers, I do enjoy a good steak burger with smoked cheese and chorizo after a feed of alcohol, cant beat the grease dripping of your elbow lol
Those chicken fillet burgers in lite batter are great as well, there's a burger joint in the city that uses sparkling carbonated water in there batter mix, tends to make the batter lighter and aireir..

Hey pops, Manchester United will be playing Real Betis in the Snapdragon stadium the 31st of this month.
What's the crowd capacity and is it a good stadium, would be great to be there to watch it as I follow them. We could cruise afterwards in search of some culinary delights.. I would be in heaven man..
Getting started. Lot to do. Glad you have some kief👍

superx

Veteran
That looks like a good burger joint, Buzz, i'd like to try the mother of dragons and the sundance kid, even though they might be too spicy to really enjoy. Do they come with fries? I like that the specialty burgers only cost $1 more than the standard one.

Nice play on the words 'quarter back'. I was thinking of laying a bet on herbert under 4k passing yds this season, since his top 2 receivers from last season are gone, actually top 3 if u include austin ekeler, who's more of a threat receiving than running. But then again carson wentz once threw 4k yds with the eagles with no WR getting more than 500yds (his TE, Zach ertz, had 900 yds) so maybe that's a bet ill avoid for now.

NFL teams are reporting to training camp this week. Jordan love, Packers QB, has said he wont practice until he gets a contract extension which the team is willing to give him so it should be announced soon.

So u made bubble hash, superx? Ive only made it once or twice, yeah that final bag (73m) probably takes forever to drain. How about the larger micron sizes, do they tend to produce darker hash?
Almost 2 oz of return on the 1st run is a good amount, how long will that last u?

Hopefully DB gets a good harvest, he lives in an apartment that requires annual inspections so it's a bit iffy growing there, but he has plenty of advance notice so it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Sometimes the best bet is the one u dont make, i might throw a bit on the game next sunday but want to be able to watch it at least, ill see. I hope u get to watch it and have some drinks as well, not fair that u always have to be the designated driver but maybe ur just the responsible one.

Ive heard of using ice cold water to make a lighter, crispier batter but carbonated water im not sure ive seen that, makes sense tho. I suppose if you were battering something sweet (deep fried oreo?) you could use soda as well since the sugar just adds to it.

I havent heard of Snapdragon stadium but I guess it was constructed a few years ago? Like Pops said it's only 35K seat capacity but supposedly expandable up to 55K if they get another nfl team.
Youre a Man U fan, Supx? Thats like being a Yankees fan for MLB. Not hating, just wondering if there's another u like them other than theyre the most successful historically.

Using a flatiron to press/heat hash is a nice lifehack, figures that Pops has already done it before. If only u could put ur own seal/mark into the hash at the same time, like an "SX" or something.
Hey babba, I have been following Manchester United from the 1980s when they were in the old league before the Premier league (1992/93) my father would of been supporting them when George best played for them in the 1960s, the support goes back many a decade long before there days of glory 😤 through thick and thin.. I have been to see them 4 times, once with my Dad before he passed away.

Bubble hash I absolutely love, would much prefer that over kief any day, unfortunately the return is little in comparison to kief, I enjoy making it from time to time..

Not sure how long it will last, some times I mix it with green, sometimes I don't, (would expect a couple of weeks) I have all ready giving away 7 or 8 grams to friends at work to help them over..
I like the sounds of the SX stamp, I do have a SLX grinder somewhere 🤣
I don't sell weed or kief so no point in putting a stamp on it, I enjoy my freedom and don't fancy been incarcerated for several years for the sake of a plant. I give it away for free to friends if they are stuck, and they return the favour if ever I am stuck, things swing in round abouts and it works in both ways..

Do you bet on the teams in the NFL, what has been your biggest win?
And who do you think will win it this season..

Edit to add; havent seen HAWK for a while, hope he's safe and well...

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
im here super.thanks for the wellness check.. just been feeling lousy lately. had to cancel 2 doctors appointments.you had 40 something grams of kief? doober would smoke that in 2 days! just kidding doob. i know it would last you 3 lol

The storms have been crazy. seems like everyday we have had thunderstorms. want to try and get a little grilling in today before it rains AGAIN! Between the tornadoes and storms we havent got a break in while.

speaking of break, theres gonna be Break Dancing in the Olympics? silly shit. I remember in 96 i was in GA and saw the guy run with the Torch. That was cool i guess.

yeah i just feel like shit. havent really eaten in days. want to grill some thighs and burgers to make room in the freezer but i guess ill see.hope you all have a good day

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Yeah, but im also a bit scared that if Herbert plays all 17 games, he could cobble together enough passing yds to top 4k, that's only 235 pass yds a game. I know Booger eater wants to run the ball down the opponent's throat, but if theyre successful at that the defense will bring an extra defender and then Herbert can go for some deep shots. I think he might be even better than mahomes at passes 30+yds past the line of scrimmage.
Ill think about it, it's one of those things where that bet might look like $$ the first half or 3/4 of the season, and then herbert cranks up the juice the rest of the games, probably has a 400yd game the last week of the season to kill it, lol.

I think in Morocco the local hash farmers would roll the kief between their hands and spit in it for more moisture to form cylinders/balls that could be hand pressed into bricks. So if u ever get the real deal Moroccon stuff you might be smoking some old moroccon dude's spit, lol.

Yeah ur right, beer batter is a thing. I was thinking of tempura better where they use ice cold water to make it light and crispy. Or cold butter or water in a biscuit mix to make it fluffy and have layers.

I think the Olympics start today with some soccer and rugby games. The opening ceremony isnt till Saturday tho but some events start earlier.
Break dancing is going to be an olympic sport for the first time. I gotta see some of that, not that im into it but id like to see how it's judged.
after looking over their schedule i might not be on board wit this one bab
you are right about it averages out to less than 250 yds/g and he could very well ball out on a few games and put up the big numbers
we will see how his new receivers look and im sure i can catch some of their pre season action on tv here in san deigo
ive never heard of spitting in hash but ive heard of all kinds of things they would allegedly do to boost the perceived value like adding fats/ wax so it would hold a flame
i guess there is no one way to batter and they all have their place at the table!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
so fat'thew stafford (who got a sweet payout ) only put up 3,965yds with a roty receiver and this guy named sooper cooper
the cahregers play a soft schedule but im kind of riding the fence on this one and im leaning towards the under
just because #f-spanos

cant wait for the olympics to kick off, stay classy argentina!
if you need me here is my schedule
https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule
/i also get telemundo so it looks like i might to get to practice mi espanol!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah DB, hope your grow goes well and it's nice and stealthy. What r u doing for odor control? Once the girls start to flower they get stinky fast.

Ah, so ur a true fan, not a bandwaggoner. When the golden state warriors in the NBA got good because of the splash brothers, fans of other teams liked to say 90% of GSW fans only became fans recently, cause they were BAD bad before. But if u and ur old man were fans of ManU even before the good days, well that says something, through thick and thin youve been loyal.
Holy crap i havent heard of that munich air disaster, it's lucky the whole team didnt perish in the crash.
That George Best guy could have been the 5th Beatle, bet he was living like a rock star during his playing days.
There was a big air disaster in college football, almost the entire Marshall (a college in West Virginia) football team perished in 1970, they made a movie out of it with Matthew McConaughey. Makes u wonder if air travel was much less safer back in the day...

Actually, fanduel has Herbert's passing props at O/U 3575 yds at almost 1:1 odds (-112, bet 112 to win 100). Over 4K yds would be +220, bet 100 to win 220, over 2:1 odds.
Puka had 1500yds and Cooper had 750, cooper missed 5 games and only had four 100yd games in the 12 games he did play. Im certain
Fat Stafford (is he really fat anymore? He looks like he slimmed down recently) is +120 to throw for 4K yds, im fairly certain with a healthy Kupp and Puka he'll throw for more than that, but i guess it also depends on his health, he missed 2 games last year but the 2nd was week 17 when i guess their playoff spot was locked up. The year before that he missed 9 games because of his neck.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Do they come with fries?
Yes but they need some foreplay first.
Nice play on the words 'quarter back'
See above^

I mentioned the pecan tree dropping limbs. It dropped a big one Tuesday evening. It landed without taking out St. Francis or the birdbath. The crinum lily took the hit. I went out with the pole saw first to de-limb the small stuff. Then I rolled the branch off of the lily. That's about the time the storm clouds and thunder started. I have to finish cleanup today if the weather allows. The break occurred about 40' up in the canopy.

P7240019.JPG

P7240009.JPG

P7240014.JPG

P7240011.JPG

P7240016.JPG

That's the butt end of the branch. It's a little over 6" dia.
P7240017.JPG

shithawk420

Veteran
nice boots buzz. Redwing?nah not Redwing. they look nicely oiled though. plan to get me a nice pair of boots one day. heard Redwing is chinese or something now. Think they are more dress boots but ive been looking at Thusrsday Boot Company. They are getting pretty damn popular for $200 boots. should i avoid a pair in that price range?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@Bababooey im ok on the 3575/yds, should bedoable for herbert
over 4k for stafford could easily happen if he and his receivers stay healthy
i never thought of stafford as fat but a friend of mine started calling him that and it kind f stuck
/i think he just has a round face

@buzzmobile that looks like a close call with that tree limb and st francis
someone must be looking out for him

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yes but they need some foreplay first.
Ive never made love to a burger, but Ive sorely been tempted to.

That's a hefty branch, St. Assisi narrowly escaped serious injury. Only the grace of God.
Is the wood going to the firewood pile? It's a good size for it. Did a storm cause it to break?

Im strictly a sneaker man myself but when ur doing serious work only a pair of boots offers sufficient protection. $200 for a pair? I guess if theyre comfortable and last for a while it's worth it...

Stafford was a little chunky in his detroit years, most QBs in the league like to put on mass, thinking it will help them survive hits without injury. Tom brady flipped that around the last 7-8 yrs of his career, focusing on flexibility over muscle to handle hits. Maybe stafford is on the TB12 program. That's another thing u can criticize him for, Hawk, Brady's TB12 program/grift, but that's more his trainer's fault i think.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
@buzzmobile that looks like a close call with that tree limb and st francis
someone must be looking out for him
Ole St. Frank stood his ground and came out without a scratch. I have to confess to breaking one of MamaD's yard art statues when I was cutting away a very large branch that was leaning against the trunk. It slid off the tree and konked the little lady statue on her head. It broke in two pieces and MamaD was sad.

That's a hefty branch, St. Assisi narrowly escaped serious injury. Only the grace of God.
Is the wood going to the firewood pile? It's a good size for it. Did a storm cause it to break?

Im strictly a sneaker man myself but when ur doing serious work only a pair of boots offers sufficient protection. $200 for a pair? I guess if theyre comfortable and last for a while it's worth it...
My advice to you and burger love is to start with buns first.
The big chunks will go to the firewood stack. The smaller limbs will go to the burn (not a bird) pile which is getting bigger and bigger. It came down during a thunderstorm the other night.

My sister dropped off St. Francis after we lost our golden retriever. It was a very sweet gesture that helped me deal with his sudden unexplained death.

I saw those boots on the shelf at a local hardware store. Georgia Boot Company is American made and well priced. When I was doing nursery work I wore Red Wings, but their quality went to shit and the price went out of my range.

You can call me Romeo when I wear them.
https://www.georgiaboot.com/romeo/georgia-giant-waterproof-high-romeo-boot/GR500.html
I ordered online and the first pair did not fit. Simple and quick return shipping was great.
$133 and there was a discount offer off of that and free shipping.

They are barely broken in.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Ole St. Frank stood his ground and came out without a scratch. I have to confess to breaking one of MamaD's yard art statues when I was cutting away a very large branch that was leaning against the trunk. It slid off the tree and konked the little lady statue on her head. It broke in two pieces and MamaD was sad.

My advice to you and burger love is to start with buns first.
The big chunks will go to the firewood stack. The smaller limbs will go to the burn (not a bird) pile which is getting bigger and bigger. It came down during a thunderstorm the other night.

My sister dropped off St. Francis after we lost our golden retriever. It was a very sweet gesture that helped me deal with his sudden unexplained death.

I saw those boots on the shelf at a local hardware store. Georgia Boot Company is American made and well priced. When I was doing nursery work I wore Red Wings, but their quality went to shit and the price went out of my range.

You can call me Romeo when I wear them.
https://www.georgiaboot.com/romeo/georgia-giant-waterproof-high-romeo-boot/GR500.html
I ordered online and the first pair did not fit. Simple and quick return shipping was great.
$133 and there was a discount offer off of that and free shipping.

They are barely broken in.
those look like some ass kicking boots and i hope you get many years of use out of them
i was going to say, that st francis statue is very nice
im sorry to hear about the loss of your dog but he will always live on inside of you
do you ever put stuff in that bowl? its just asking to be filled with acorns
great advice on starting with the buns first, end even then maybe just a finger or two at first around the edge

Stafford was a little chunky in his detroit years, most QBs in the league like to put on mass, thinking it will help them survive hits without injury. Tom brady flipped that around the last 7-8 yrs of his career, focusing on flexibility over muscle to handle hits. Maybe stafford is on the TB12 program. That's another thing u can criticize him for, Hawk, Brady's TB12 program/grift, but that's more his trainer's fault i think.
yeah my buddy and i are just a'holes and have to come up with nicknames for everyone in the nfl
qbs like stafford arent the "athletic" types for the most part, hes more a pocket rocket with a huge arm
/im sure he is in good shape for a guy his age (36)
i like him and hope he can put up another year or two of productive play for the rams
i tend to wear hiking shoes/ boots myself
i still have a decent collection of sneakers but i like the extra ass kicking power the hikers give me
but i will still call you romeo

shithawk420

Veteran
those look like decent boots and ive heard of that company. i just dont like chelsea boots. i think i need laces to make the boot secured but i dont know. I really hear good things about Thursday Boot company. they use high quality leather from Chicago and are "handmade" in Mexico. i got my sights on these but they really arent work boots.

sorry to hear about your dog. my buddy is getting old. but hes got life in him. i know it. when my dad gets out of prison next month im gonna ask him if he can stay on the farm. i think its better for him there. also looking forward to preseason but only person i know that even cares about football these days is my dad. and hes no fun, he hates the Bears almost as much as i do! lol fuking Bears. what a joke. biggest joke in the fuking league

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Start with the buns, that's a good one. Usually that comes last, right Pops?
Youve mentioned the georgia boots before, seems like good value for the $$. I do like the slip on nature of chelsea type boots, but like Hawk said maybe you need laces for a real secure fit. Do they ever seem like theyre going to slip off if ur foot gets stuck in something and you try to pull away?

Stafford definitely seemed a little puffy, especially around the face but his head is kinda square so maybe that accentuated the weight. He's definitely lost weight tho, last season too, maybe it'll help his neck issues if his head isnt so fat.
They actually have jimmy garappolo on the team now so a fairly decent backup in case stafford misses games. He was pretty awful with the raiders last year but that was with josh mcdaniels as playcaller, i think mcvay would better tailor the offense to what he does well, which might not be much at this point tbh.
Stetson bennett is also back from rehab or whatever happened to him last year, for a little dude he's got a decent arm so he might be someone to watch in preseason.

I didnt know leather from chicago was a thing, Hawk, but i guess there's still slaughterhouses here? They do look sharp, if u ever get a pair let us know how u like them.
So ur going to stay in IA with ur mum while ur dog goes back to the farm with ur dad? Im sure youll miss each other but having a lot more land would be better for the doggo, yeah.
Im hoping the bears wont be a joke this season but it all depends on a rookie QB leading the offense so yeah, there's a real chance it'll be an up and down season. I guess the one thing to look forward to is if caleb williams is bad, this rookie season will be the worst season of his career, only way forward is up.

buzzmobile

Veteran
i think i need laces to make the boot secured but i dont know.
Have I got a boot for you at a price that cannot be beat!

Do they ever seem like theyre going to slip off if ur foot gets stuck in something and you try to pull away?
The boots fit snugly and it takes a bit of effort to pull them on. I was not sure about the Chelsea design but there is no hint of the boot slipping.

sorry to hear about your dog
It was a bummer of a time. We found a breeder of golden retrievers in a nearby town. We named him Wallace and he turned out to be my 'cancer dog'. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer not long after we got him. He rode with me every day for radiation treatments. He would curl up in the driver's seat and chill. MamaD and I made a trip out to Lake Tahoe to visit her cousin so we boarded Wallace with our vet. The morning before our flight home I got a call from the vet and Wallace had died overnight. I was devastated at the news and coming home was a long long trip.

A friend told me about a litter of puppies at a shelter a couple hours drive away. They were lab/golden mix with 4 females and 1 male. His wife adopted one of the females and she sent me a picture of the others in the litter. First thing Monday morning I drove south to the Coast to be at the door when the opened. A nice lady greeted me and I told her I was there to adopt the male from the litter. She gave me papers to fill out and we chatted while I did so. Then she told me, "I named this one Wallace." I started to cry and I told her about Wallace. She then told me that she had named over 500 animals at the shelter and that was the only one she had named Wallace. The following week I went back to the shelter to adopt his 'sister' we named Bonnie. She is our last dog. Wallace developed seizures when he was 5 years old. I treated him for another 5 years around the clock, but eventually he succumbed to them.

I will have granddogs around after Bonnie.

Sincerely,
ROMEO

Latest posts

Latest posts