What's new

New Caledonia

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
After a week of drying, I tried to do the usual trimming, but most of the lower growth was just impossible to trim. Really fluffy, wooly, airy buds on thin stems from the accidental revegging. But very sticky and resinous. I strained a bunch of it off the stems with just my fingers, put it in the grinder and filled the vape for a test. Whoa! Terpene bomb! Despite the fact there was no curing at all and I took some from down below where there was no direct light, the rush of the terpenes and the effect from just two big hits made my eyes bulge out with suprise. I have the feeling this is going to be really nice.
For a good week now, it has been in the jars and in some grove bags, I am testing these for the first time. I think I let it dry a little too long, the RH is now at 54%, but the smell from the portions in the grove bags seems to be stronger than the (larger) portions in the glass jars. The fluffy stuff, I just put in the jar with the stems, it really was impossible to do a normal trimming.

Congrats also on your NC harvest @Common Sense ;) glad you managed to finish her so well despite the initial revegging problems. Flowers look great, i would let the ripe 7-10 days more to my taste.
Seems to be a classic potent sativa pheno of loud sweet fruity terps.
How would you describe her as she nears 3 months post harvest?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy indoor sativa harvests @entonces 🥰 you did an excellent job with them during the hot summer.

Great colas on your New Caledonian after 95 days of flowering :yes: Usually the purple ones are divergent expressions and not as fruity as the main pheno described in the strain description.
Please keep us updated in a couple of months with your insights about her!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I think with these varieties that are from outdoor environments it is not good to flip them to flowering hours whilst they are still in opposite phyllotaxy. The plant is in it's seedling or pre floral state

This is where there is a hermaphrodite response in the flowers that are then produced. Does not mean to say that there will be none at all when flowered from alternate phyllotaxy, lots of potential stressors in the indoor environment too.

Finding a way to get material that has changed to alternate phyllotaxy into flower will very likely reduce the incidence of strong hermaphrodites. Best route to this is a longer veg time and taking cuttings from all the uppermost portions of the plant. Appreciate this may not work for many due to constraints of indoor environment.

I totally agree with this. @dugzy Outdoor lines (especially tropical sativas) that have some hermie tendencies often show these traits more prominently indoors, especially when young plants are forced to flower before reaching sexual maturity. Some outdoor lines simply don't adapt well to indoor conditions, which can also lead to hermie problems indoors. Overfeeding with strong flowering fertilizers and stimulators also can further encourage these plants to display hermie traits indoors.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello after 3 weeks. Here are my 3 female New Caledonias. The first pheno looks the best. The second the worst but the smell of the buds is amazing, extremely sweet, like fruit jam. I love smelling it hehe The third pheno (fat bud) has lost its berry smell, now it's more unpleasant.

I'm very curious about the effects after smoking.

View attachment 19054022

View attachment 19054023

View attachment 19054024

Great looking flower and expressions @Popey :D glad the delicate sweet fruity terps are dominant in your plants. Let them cure a few weeks more and please get back to us with your first impressions!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Very happy you have found a couple of females of your taste of uplifting, cerebraal trippy effects @MAHA KALA :tiphat: What pollen donor did you choose to pollinate New Caledonia ?
thank you for seeds once more. it was very nice experience, worthy. and yeah very uplifting weed.

I keep NC#4 and NC#5 cuts.

my NC#4 buds from cut are curing still. I will give smoke report when I will have time in winter...

I made NC#4 x three caledonian males, and NC#4 x posi haze. I also made few seeds of Kona Gold x three caledonian males...

NC#5

new caledonia5.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A really good New Caledonian of refined sweet fruity floral terps and joyful, expansive, energetic, clear, inspiring effects, crossed to a Thai dom THH would be amazing.