What's new

New Caledonia

RobFromTX

From the pics in this thread it seems like one of those sativas that prefers, for the most part, being grown outdoors

Cactus Squatter

Here’s this season’s NC truckin along in the 115°+ heat.
It hasn’t thrown any Preflowers yet, but my nose is telling me it’s a boy. I know I know. 😜 🫏 Sounds crazy but this one smells like almost every other male plant I’ve ever had. There’s just something different about them. We’ll see what shows in a little bit here.

Aside from that, I have never had a NC grow so upright and tight with all the branches. Usually I get a lot more open of a structure from them. This one is just super tight with the branch angles.
It was topped 3 days ago, it’ll be interesting to see how that affects its growth structure. I hope my nose is wrong, I really want another big ass bag of NC flowers.
IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

Currently in a 1 gallon bag until it shows sex. If it’s female it gets to go into the 15 gallon it’s currently sitting on.

Shua1991

Here’s this season’s NC truckin along in the 115°+ heat.
It hasn’t thrown any Preflowers yet, but my nose is telling me it’s a boy. I know I know. 😜 🫏 Sounds crazy but this one smells like almost every other male plant I’ve ever had. There’s just something different about them. We’ll see what shows in a little bit here.

Aside from that, I have never had a NC grow so upright and tight with all the branches. Usually I get a lot more open of a structure from them. This one is just super tight with the branch angles.
It was topped 3 days ago, it’ll be interesting to see how that affects its growth structure. I hope my nose is wrong, I really want another big ass bag of NC flowers.
View attachment 19033913
View attachment 19033912
View attachment 19033914

Currently in a 1 gallon bag until it shows sex. If it’s female it gets to go into the 15 gallon it’s currently sitting on.
That is one compact phenotype! Seems likely it's a female.

Popey

Veteran
Hello. 3 female NC in the photo. One stands out for its height. It smells very delicately floral for now. The second lower one smells similarly, and the third smells fruity, like berries. I shortened the tops of 2 other male bushes and they got terribly hermy. To the point that I wondered if they were actually male plants, because now they have more female flowers than male ones.

nc1.jpg

nc2.jpg

Last edited:

dugzy

I think with these varieties that are from outdoor environments it is not good to flip them to flowering hours whilst they are still in opposite phyllotaxy. The plant is in it's seedling or pre floral state

This is where there is a hermaphrodite response in the flowers that are then produced. Does not mean to say that there will be none at all when flowered from alternate phyllotaxy, lots of potential stressors in the indoor environment too.

Finding a way to get material that has changed to alternate phyllotaxy into flower will very likely reduce the incidence of strong hermaphrodites. Best route to this is a longer veg time and taking cuttings from all the uppermost portions of the plant. Appreciate this may not work for many due to constraints of indoor environment.

Common Sense

When I moved her out of the tent the whole house filled with an incredibly sweet, fruity scent, beautiful. Just seconds later I heard my wife call a lout "jeeees" from downstairs. She had grown to an amazingly massive plant in the 60x60 tent along with the Zamaldelica (harvested 2 day earlier) and the Super Congo. Because she was in the back in an 9 l airpot, she had been hiding her size until now. View attachment 19032349 View attachment 19032350 View attachment 19032351 View attachment 19032352
After a week of drying, I tried to do the usual trimming, but most of the lower growth was just impossible to trim. Really fluffy, wooly, airy buds on thin stems from the accidental revegging. But very sticky and resinous. I strained a bunch of it off the stems with just my fingers, put it in the grinder and filled the vape for a test. Whoa! Terpene bomb! Despite the fact there was no curing at all and I took some from down below where there was no direct light, the rush of the terpenes and the effect from just two big hits made my eyes bulge out with suprise. I have the feeling this is going to be really nice.
For a good week now, it has been in the jars and in some grove bags, I am testing these for the first time. I think I let it dry a little too long, the RH is now at 54%, but the smell from the portions in the grove bags seems to be stronger than the (larger) portions in the glass jars. The fluffy stuff, I just put in the jar with the stems, it really was impossible to do a normal trimming.

Popey

Veteran
Here are my 3 female New Caledonias. In the first photo the tallest pheno, in the second photo the pheno with curled pistils (the slowest flowering), in the third photo the fastest pheno with big buds. They all smell very delicately, floral, fruity. There is no need to put a carbon filter. They stretch quite a lot, I had to use string.

NC tall1.jpg

NC curly1.jpg

NC bb1.jpg

Popey

Veteran
Hello after 3 weeks. Here are my 3 female New Caledonias. The first pheno looks the best. The second the worst but the smell of the buds is amazing, extremely sweet, like fruit jam. I love smelling it hehe The third pheno (fat bud) has lost its berry smell, now it's more unpleasant.

I'm very curious about the effects after smoking.

nc long 11.jpg

nc hair 11.jpg

nc bb 11.jpg

FeelHaze

Nice plants guys !!

Thats another strain I want in my "way too small garden" ...

Do you think it could be grown under a 6 feet ceiling ? Does it like LED ?

Happy growing 🌱

entonces

Hello 83 days in bloom.
Just one seed, not to much to tell but flowering good under led @FeelHaze and (this one) not really big stretch in flower, I think its not a dominant Leno this one, not fruity smell at this moment, smell make me remenber when I grow punto rojo, maybe 2 weeks more to chop.

I got this whit one Thai and one Golden Tiger , this one at this moment its faster, more easy to grow and no stretch like the others, but I repeat its just one seed.
I put final photo before chop.