What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

My RKS I breed using Blueskiesvienna Genetics

iStruggle

See what I find looking for them burnt rubber dead skunk terps.

Is rubber a sought after smell? Im running some euforia right now which is supposed to be a skunk pheno. Dont have any of that 80’s 90’s skunk smell in my tent but definitely have the rubber. It was unexpected, was checking my equipment making sure it wasnt hot before i realized it was my plants lol

Man. Skunk threads really bring out the controversy. Was all you could get in these hills in the 90’s, never realized it was so prized

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Is rubber a sought after smell? Im running some euforia right now which is supposed to be a skunk pheno. Dont have any of that 80’s 90’s skunk smell in my tent but definitely have the rubber. It was unexpected, was checking my equipment making sure it wasnt hot before i realized it was my plants lol

Man. Skunk threads really bring out the controversy. Was all you could get in these hills in the 90’s, never realized it was so prized
I got sometimes burned rubber swell when i had way overripe strains. Reminded me on that swell your pee can get after too much beer and cigs.

I started smoking in the middle of 90's and never got rks so i don't know If it really was that special but people would have kept it if it was. Now it's just hype bashing to get money.

linde

I smoked all thru the mid 80s and on. Not sure why the burnt rubber thing always comes up on skunk threads. Rks smells like cat piss ammonia skunk spray not burnt rubber. Burnt rubber smells like burnt rubber. Skunk smells like skunk. I haven't smelt real straight up skunk since around 94'. If there are skunks going around now either seed or clones the chances are it is washed out tired genetics. Probably tastes like hay. Looks good smells good but no flavor. Hate to say as I am still searching myself with no luck.

Emeraldjack713

I smoked all thru the mid 80s and on. Not sure why the burnt rubber thing always comes up on skunk threads. Rks smells like cat piss ammonia skunk spray not burnt rubber. Burnt rubber smells like burnt rubber. Skunk smells like skunk. I haven't smelt real straight up skunk since around 94'. If there are skunks going around now either seed or clones the chances are it is washed out tired genetics. Probably tastes like hay. Looks good smells good but no flavor. Hate to say as I am still searching myself with no luck.
You ever had shoreline? And not the bs from Devils harvest I'm taking bout Tha cut from Houston?

ost

yep ,brought big money at the time.

ost

I got sometimes burned rubber swell when i had way overripe strains. Reminded me on that swell your pee can get after too much beer and cigs.

I started smoking in the middle of 90's and never got rks so i don't know If it really was that special but people would have kept it if it was. Now it's just hype bashing to get money.
up aginst, the brick of the day, it was real good smoke just no as good as, the big green (a lot of 16 plus ft. tall females )christmas tree buds off the creek bank !

linde

You ever had shoreline? And not the bs from Devils harvest I'm taking bout Tha cut from Houston?
Unfortunately all cuts get old and lose vigour and flavor. I'd bet a 30+ yr old cut like that has already degraded some. If you've got access to the real cut I would S1 it and try to work with the genetics in seed form. Or send me a cut of it and I'll save you the hassle. Lol

Emeraldjack713

Unfortunately all cuts get old and lose vigour and flavor. I'd bet a 30+ yr old cut like that has already degraded some. If you've got access to the real cut I would S1 it and try to work with the genetics in seed form. Or send me a cut of it and I'll save you the hassle.
Have 2 Shorelines and 2 shorelineOG's atm both are BX.

Attachments

• 20230824_164415.jpg
    20230824_164415.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73

linde

Have 2 Shorelines and 2 shorelineOG's atm both are BX.
Nice but I wonder why they BXed it instead of S1 it. BX will have a different male therefore Shoreline no longer. S1 will STS itself for same genetics. I wonder what it was BXed with.

linde

My guess is the cut was too tired and they bred some new blood into it. Selected vigorous males and BXed back to the mother. Might have been the only real option with a 30 yr old cut.

linde

Shoreline and the 91 have both been TC’d by several crews!

Both are still EXCEPTIONAL cuts if you are connected enough to access them🙏
Why don't you S1 the shoreline? Save the line. Spread the seeds far and wide. People don't realize how easy it is to lose a cut. Plus one day the cut will just lose its magic. Had a true original DJ Shorts Blueberry 20+ yrs back. Cloned it for yrs and out of nowhere it lost its flavor. Looked smelt and grew the same but no pungent flavor. It does and will happen eventually. S1 will isolate the genetics at least. Start a fresh plant rather than dragging a 35 yr old plant around. Just a thought.

linde

No to get off of the topic. Has anybody found any good phenos out of the Female Seeds Skunk Special? Supposed to be an S1 of the 80s Holland Red Skunk cut. Cat piss ammonia smelling. I'll be sprouting some here in a couple weeks. Would think there'd be some stinkers in there somewhere.

Uksfinest

No to get off of the topic. Has anybody found any good phenos out of the Female Seeds Skunk Special? Supposed to be an S1 of the 80s Holland Red Skunk cut. Cat piss ammonia smelling. I'll be sprouting some here in a couple weeks. Would think there'd be some stinkers in there somewhere.
Female seeds have a terrible herm issue with most of their genetics