What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

20sackzack

Glad you are continuing this thread. Your pics are always the shit. Im hella jealous of your amazing sunrise/set views. Keep up the awesome job dude, you are gonna kill it this year with all your new improvements.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
@schrews do you end up cutting the massive colas into smaller buds?

And are you considering using a turbine pump for your tea rez in the future?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Subbed also here... I found this thread great until it derailed... now I will try to help keep it rolling.

My apologies to Schrews for the kerfluffle! I sure wish I had known sooner... but c'est la vie!

And thanks for restarting this thread :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
What is the height and gauage on those cages?
i have some 7-foot and 5-foot cages and they both are working fine. its regular remesh with 6" holes.

i waited too long to put them on so now its kind of a pain. probably won't get finished today. And the second layer of trellis needs to go up soon. plus pruning. And i'm still handwatering until i get all the stuff i need for the drip system. work never ends haha

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah i definitely took too long with the cages, just broke a branch putting one on. I guess i'll make some bigger ones tomorrow. Hey at least the plants are growing fast.

back to watering..

@schrews do you end up cutting the massive colas into smaller buds?

And are you considering using a turbine pump for your tea rez in the future?

I dont like to leave any visible stem on the buds, but other than that they can be as big as they want :)

what's a turbine pump and why use it?

reppin2c

Veteran
I've found that if you spin the cage as you drop it...your less likely to break branches. My light dep has many of broken branches. Still acceptable.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I've found that if you spin the cage as you drop it...your less likely to break branches. My light dep has many of broken branches. Still acceptable.

I like the spin tech, for sure

Also try using green tape to wrap up the branches kinda like a bouquet, they won't mind too much. Pop the cage on then cut the tape, and divert branches through desired 6x6 outlets

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Also try using green tape to wrap up the branches kinda like a bouquet, they won't mind too much. Pop the cage on then cut the tape, and divert branches through desired 6x6 outlets
thats a good idea. i think some of my plants are just too big though. trying to fit a 4ft diameter plant into a 2ft cage is just too difficult. I just didnt think they would grow so fast!

anyway the caging is almost complete. almost time to set up the drip system. I still need a water tank. There's a place by my house that sells them, but i am sketching about having it delivered to my place now that the garden is planted. i guess its kind of necessary though.

also idk what i'm going to do with a big water tank, where to put it, what fittings to put where, how to fill it, connect a pump, etc... im not a plumber , never had any experience wit that stuff. I just dont want to be sitting on a $1500 water tank , with no idea how to use it. nothing is ever as simple as i think it should be.

theJointedOne

Veteran
The tanks are pretty light, have em drop it off at your gate then roll or push to desired location with friend, just make sure not to puncture!!

Also, use plumbers tape!!

I was intimidated by drip back in the day, but its really pretty simple once you tackle it, and you can make the whole thing custom just how you want. Don't be worried about all the technical jargon.. Just keep it simple.

Google is your friend!! 'Beginner's guide to drip irrigation' comes up with tons of results.

HillBilly1

Veteran
thats a good idea. i think some of my plants are just too big though. trying to fit a 4ft diameter plant into a 2ft cage is just too difficult. I just didnt think they would grow so fast!

anyway the caging is almost complete. almost time to set up the drip system. I still need a water tank. There's a place by my house that sells them, but i am sketching about having it delivered to my place now that the garden is planted. i guess its kind of necessary though.

also idk what i'm going to do with a big water tank, where to put it, what fittings to put where, how to fill it, connect a pump, etc... im not a plumber , never had any experience wit that stuff. I just dont want to be sitting on a $1500 water tank , with no idea how to use it. nothing is ever as simple as i think it should be.
Once it's all there in front of you you will
See how things should go and it will all
Come together. Easy $

grow nerd

Veteran
Get a swimming pool if privacy is a concern.

I'm curious how you made it through indoor growing... My idea of "indoor growing" usually involves everything including framing & drywalling the rooms, not to mention electrical and plumbing at the least. Everything else is "watching a plant grow". IMO

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
A turbine pump is a heavy duty air pump for making large batches of ACT. It uses a metal turbine over the more common diaphragm to project air. I use to use a submersible pump but realized they get too hot and the spinning blade kills microbes.

As far as a water reservoir and privacy goes have you considered ordering a 3000 gallon collapsible water tank off the internet? comes via mail. Also, very easy to setup.

For tea reservoirs i prefer IBC totes (275) gal or those blue 50 gallon barrels.

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Subbed! Do you have a pic of the 12 pounder?
vjezryyl.jpg

2014:
PfFwlOGl.jpg

E4PjGwwl.jpg

jsyn8oml.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts