What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Lately I've been having a hard time getting out of bed. Instead of a line of coke chopped up and covered with a cup, ready to snort first thing in the morning and get the day started, I have a 5 Hour Energy (Maximum Strength(tm)) next to my bed. On the first alarm, drink it, and by the time the snooze hits I'm ready to work.
IF you're waking up to an alarm then you must be a busy guy. I havent used an alarm in years. sleep is very important to me. I also try to avoid caffeine unless it is necessary i.e. on long drives. grow nerd it sounds like you are stressing yourself out but idk why, you said you have money so whats the deal. that kind of lifestyle is bad for your health

A hundred feet just *seems* a tad excessive but what do I know? At that rate sounds like you'll need 5x 500' rolls @ ~$200 shipped, plus fittings.
yah i figured to spend about 1k on tubing . could probably get away with half that or maybe even less, but epic's pots look so nice with all that drip line coiled up
still need to buy a water tank too, and i'm trying to find a place that sells the honda 1.5" pump so i dont have to order one online.

redlaser

Veteran
Haven't used the Dig excel irrigation but I've had rain- bird which is the Home Depot brand installed in landscapes for three years with no issues. Some of it is buried a few inches and some lays on surface. Most of this is in the Midwest and the lines aren't even emptied for winter because owners are lazy. Important to put a good sediment filter in the line. 7-8,000 ft. installed.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Blueberry Hashplant

Blueberry Hashplant

Blue Dream x G13/HP

XK1tKwTl.jpg

h1YZDgJl.jpg

HillBilly1

Veteran
Lately I've been having a hard time getting out of bed. Instead of a line of coke chopped up and covered with a cup, ready to snort first thing in the morning and get the day started, I have a 5 Hour Energy (Maximum Strength(tm)) next to my bed. On the first alarm, drink it, and by the time the snooze hits I'm ready to work.
Gave that shit up when I had kids, ungrateful lil
Shits, I sure would like to trade them in

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I wonder if they will hook you up with a deal where you can get 24x 100' rolls for the same price as 5x 500' rolls. That will save you a bunch of time and frustration unrolling and counting emitters.
thats a good idea. i will call and ask them

Why gas vs electric? Don't you have grid power? Unless you pump gas electric start, you'll still have to manually start and stop the watering process instead of a timer. Plus they cost a lot more.

byf and bb/whatever both said i should go with the honda pump. lately im tryin to listen to people with more experience than me. what pump do you recommend for irrigating 24 800's?
get a gas powered honda pump and thank me later. they are life savers .
Honda 1.5" gas pump will run your whole garden.

redlaser

Veteran
All 7-8,000 ft are in commercial/ residential landscapes/ vegi gardens.
Used about 1,500 ft on weed for a season.

Thank god it seems like some people know about some drip lines. If I could get some help please. How many emmiters for a 100 gal hole in ground? And that's 12 inch spacing? Thanks in advance.

If you have grid power prob go for a electric pump but do you have power outages out there? If you decide to go gas I recommend the Honda wx15. It's got 1.5" in/out. I got 3000 plus feet of 12" spaces .95 GPH pressure regulated emmiter line and it waters my whole garden perfectly even. And it can handle two people hand watering with more than enough pressure. Love that thing. What kind of emoter line did you decide on? I like the JAIN but was having a hard time finding the 12" spacing

redlaser

Veteran
It's nice to have a gas powered pump for power and independence from electric but you can also get a power inverter and plug it into your cigarette lighter in your car and it will produce ac power for your electric pump in an outage. 39$ or less for inverter.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i guess i'm going into town today to get:

- remesh for cages.
- albion nutrients
- shrimp tostadas
- leaf blower (maybe)
- clone trays and rockwool
- costco membership to stock up on food

grow nerd

Veteran
Also, instead of a gas pump for the rare outage, why not just get a generator for that purpose?

Plus, if your tank is at least a bit above elevation of the watering sites gravity alone should be sufficient for emergency watering.