What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Young mike huh!? Right on !! Kid dynamite!! Pretty much sums me up!! Explosive! Haha!! I think mike won his first 20 fights via KO...

Bo Hasset

Mofo is faster than Tyson, y'all!

Yeah, Schrews.... heading towards GV would be a step in the right direction, but Chico is at least a good 2 hour+ drive from the Valley of Grass. Either way, like I said, they're not brand new and shiny anymore and I've just had them piled up along a fence to use for various projects where nothing will do except a big hunk of aluminum pipe (most of these projects don't involve smoking coke in case you were curious). But the skeleton is all there to get at least 2 full size ones up and running. And serious as a hard attack, you want them you got em.

For any other North State "carport" enthusiasts I was in K-Mart today (don't ask, long story) when I happened upon something called a "wedding party tent" or some such nonsense. It had a full vinyl tarp to cover all sides and had "windows" all along the walls... besides that, however, the most interesting thing about them to me were the 9x27 dimensions... just struck me as odd is all. They were on sale for $230ish or so, which if you compare price per sq. foot, the "wedding" tent is not the better deal so far as what we would normally want out of one of the contraptions.

I was more interested in the slightly translucent vinyl cover with clear "windows" all over. I figure some of our craftier brothers in arms could whip up something ghetto fabulous and super stealthy ops with a starting base like that.

Anyway, again Schrews, holla, holla, holla when you want to make that trip.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
I'm glad to see you went for the blueberry hashplant instead of the dream lotus.

I finished up a run of the dream lotus inside and I found that for me they really weren't different enough from the original Blue Dream. I gave some sample bags to friends and they all just thought it was the original. Also the plants wanted to go like 11 weeks so a little longer than BD although that doesn't mean they would necessarily finish later outside.

I also ran a tester pack of Jabbas Stash and Dream Beaver. Found two different purple jabbas phenos which according to bodhi is the one to run outside but neither one really has much of a nose on it and the vigor/structure leaves something to be desired.

The Dream Beaver crushed it. Found a lovely 8 wk pheno that smells like sour kushy mangoes and makes my forehead numb when I puff too much. Frost on frost on frost. Will be running clones of that one along with some Blueberry Hashplant and Redeye Jedi seed plants in the greenhouse. Also have a few Ancient OG's but didn't have great germ rate and the survivors are a little behind the 88g13hp crosses.

It's nice of you to run and document so many good seed strains outside. I hope you do great this year.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good man. did you decide to do a soil test on a couple or just do coots mix?

We still plan to reuse last years dirt but havent gotten it tested yet. Also getting some new coots mix this year.
are there are 10's and 5's in that picture ?
no theres a few 7's though. 10s are too big they make transplanting difficult.
could not you trolling somewhere else?
bb/wrekingball/whatever is not trolling i think he grows more weed than i do. Unique perspective though for sure. I dig him

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm glad to see you went for the blueberry hashplant instead of the dream lotus.

I finished up a run of the dream lotus inside and I found that for me they really weren't different enough from the original Blue Dream. I gave some sample bags to friends and they all just thought it was the original. Also the plants wanted to go like 11 weeks so a little longer than BD although that doesn't mean they would necessarily finish later outside.

I also ran a tester pack of Jabbas Stash and Dream Beaver. Found two different purple jabbas phenos which according to bodhi is the one to run outside but neither one really has much of a nose on it and the vigor/structure leaves something to be desired.

The Dream Beaver crushed it. Found a lovely 8 wk pheno that smells like sour kushy mangoes and makes my forehead numb when I puff too much. Frost on frost on frost. Will be running clones of that one along with some Blueberry Hashplant and Redeye Jedi seed plants in the greenhouse. Also have a few Ancient OG's but didn't have great germ rate and the survivors are a little behind the 88g13hp crosses.

It's nice of you to run and document so many good seed strains outside. I hope you do great this year.

Thanks for the info. Bodhi recommended the bluebery hashplant for outdoors and i went with that instead of Dream Lotus cuz we already are growing a few snw lotus crosses. The jabbas stash sounds good but i had a feeling it wouldnt be the biggest yield and thats what we are looking for.

Good to know about your dream beavers, i am impressed so far they are very vigorous.

Our Ancients didnt have the best germ rate either this year. Still excited about them cuz they were our biggest plants last year

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
putting seeds directly into the ground and using a public water source seems to be the only ethical and moral way to grow.

thats really interesting and probably true in a perfect world, but... for me and how growing fits into my life, that would be really hard. And if its harder then is it really more ethical if the goal is to grow as much weed as you can?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i fired my workers tonight. they lasted about a week. kind of sucks because they worked hard, but they just didn't seem stoked on life. the male portion of the couple gave me a little bit of attitude so they had to go.

im alone now at the farm. its probably fine because there's still at least a month to finish setup before the plants need to be in the ground, but theres a lot of work so i cant lag at all.

i'm trying to decide if i should pay for my new dirt now or just wait until everything else has been handled , i.e. the old dirt has been amended and the new spots and pots are ready. If i buy it now it will just sit in a pile in my yard for at least a week or two.

if i dont go pay for the dirt tomorrow then probably just spend the day with a pick and shovel digging out the hill. Also really need to handle the soil test for last years dirt, so i know what amendments to buy. We just weeded all the pots so i just need to dig up some dirt samples and figure out how / where to send them .

Fruit Growers Lab is a good one? i'll probably just post the results on here and ask for some help anyway

theother

i fired my workers tonight. they lasted about a week. kind of sucks because they worked hard, but they just didn't seem stoked on life. the male portion of the couple gave me a little bit of attitude so they had to go.

im alone now at the farm. its probably fine because there's still at least a month to finish setup before the plants need to be in the ground, but theres a lot of work so i cant lag at all.

i'm trying to decide if i should pay for my new dirt now or just wait until everything else has been handled , i.e. the old dirt has been amended and the new spots and pots are ready. If i buy it now it will just sit in a pile in my yard for at least a week or two.

if i dont go pay for the dirt tomorrow then probably just spend the day with a pick and shovel digging out the hill. Also really need to handle the soil test for last years dirt, so i know what amendments to buy. We just weeded all the pots so i just need to dig up some dirt samples and figure out how / where to send them .

Fruit Growers Lab is a good one? i'll probably just post the results on here and ask for some help anyway
I love checking your thread! Your like the outdoor counterpart to a busy indoor deal! Funny, grass is always greener I guess. I imagine the sun, you imagine an air conditioned room .

EDIT: Should have clarified, its the mental procrastination game that makes it familiar. Its not actually procrastination, but in your head your always figuring out what makes the most sense to do next.

OzzBozz

sorry to hear that, good luck bro! The outcome will be worth the hard work now:tiphat:

Calidude

i fired my workers tonight. they lasted about a week. kind of sucks because they worked hard, but they just didn't seem stoked on life. the male portion of the couple gave me a little bit of attitude so they had to

You need to give yourself some props. You have a great attitude and it's why I follow you. And it will be hard to find workers to match your attitude and Outlook on life. As for the work ahead of you I would take it a step at a time...prioritize and get done what you can and order dirt later. This coming from a First year growers rookie mistake doing too much at once.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Why don't you have a skid steer dropped off so you can get your spots ready and truck your dirt around faster and do the work of three people from inside a machine cab? U don't even need a truck Most rental yards will drop off and pick up

bobblehead

Veteran
FGL is gtg. Huge difference in the results from them versus Logan Labs. LL gave me a pH of 6.7 and cec of 15, bangin! Then i got the real numbers from FGL on the same sample, pH 6.9 and a cec of 65. Huge difference.

i'm not on your level, but i'd rather have the dirt there waiting than have it arrive late and not get started on time. Like BYF said i'd rather pay for machinery than people. machinery issues can be fixed.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
, its the mental procrastination game that makes it familiar. Its not actually procrastination, but in your head your always figuring out what makes the most sense to do next.
the problem is sometimes the mental stuff turns into real procrastination or maybe even paralysis where nothing gets done and i just sit and stress out on things
Sucks you had to fire your help but now wont you worry about loose ends?
do you mean they might try to set me up, cuz no i dont think so. stoner couple from out of state, I dont have much to worry about, unless a professional crew rolls up right when we finish trimming in october, and security is tight then so that would get hairy. its the wild west out here

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Why don't you have a skid steer dropped off so you can get your spots ready and truck your dirt around faster and do the work of three people from inside a machine cab? U don't even need a truck Most rental yards will drop off and pick up
good idea would definitley make filling the pots easier. i'll look into it.
FGL is gtg. Huge difference in the results from them versus Logan Labs. LL gave me a pH of 6.7 and cec of 15, bangin! Then i got the real numbers from FGL on the same sample, pH 6.9 and a cec of 65. Huge difference.

i'm not on your level, but i'd rather have the dirt there waiting than have it arrive late and not get started on time. Like BYF said i'd rather pay for machinery than people. machinery issues can be fixed.
which test should i get from FGL? i'm on their website and its kind of over my head.

good thinking on the soil. not sure what the timeframe is for delivery but i might as well just buy it now . having 40yds dirt in a pile next to the house will be good motivation to work too.

Croptober

Veteran
I just meant like they may try to rip you before harvest, but that's what I thought always a good idea to have some security if needed on deck. Hope you kill it this year cant wait to see the pics of the monsters you call plants.