What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Nez

Dude schrews my gf and I built a 10x30 hoop house in less then two hours last night. And that was after i mixed 300 gals for most of the day. it cost less then $200 and like everyones said the results will show. why cut yourself short?

I'm running some bodhi gear also and am a week behind you. I'm interested to see how my gh plants do compared to yours if you decide not to build one

Nez

You can build a hoop house for a few hundred bucks in less than an hour. Your plants will def stress from temperature fluctuations throughout the spring without one.

Ganja D, you the man. still have the 5gs yellow you gifted me years ago. thanks again brother

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Dude schrews my gf and I built a 10x30 hoop house in less then two hours last night. And that was after i mixed 300 gals for most of the day. it cost less then $200 and like everyones said the results will show. why cut yourself short?
like i said its a combination of time and money that are keeping me from handling it. Im in the mountains far from anything resembling a home depot and am driving a chevy spark right now. anyway I would feel more confident setting up a carport anyway i've never built a hoophouse and i have really bad luck.

on the bright side, all the seedlings got transplanted and are looking great, and we are ahead of where we were this time last year. I am beyond stoked for 2015! last year half our plants preflowered or dudded and we still pulled triple digits, this year i am hoping for ALL MONSTERS

The Dream Beavers are really impressing me btw. they are the most vigorous of all the seedlings. i hope theres a few females

You can build a hoop house for a few hundred bucks in less than an hour. Your plants will def stress from temperature fluctuations throughout the spring without one.
maybe you can, but nobody ever showed me how to build a hoophouse and i am bad at doing things right by myself especially when they matter. idk even how they attach the pvc or screw wood onto it but i know i would fuck it up and would prob crush my babies.

carport was a good idea i still think i will try to do that, yall have convinced me. unless i find some seriously good hoophouse plans that a construction newb like me could make and not have to worry about it collapsing

ApolloAK

your dog must like those jack terps. haha. lots of people hating on TGA these days. i always liked their stuff but am more of an OG guy. grew the cheesequake outdoors and it was very loud though.
This is old seed stock that I got from my buddy in Alaska in 2008. Growing out their Pennywise and Jillybean this year too.

are your plants doing better today? weather is warming up quick

which batch of coots mix are you asking about, our old stuff from last year, or the new batch? either way i haven't gotten them tested yet.

I really like the coots mix. The lava rock makes it hard so you can walk on it without leaving tracks. well at least i can, maybe not somebody who is over 200lb or so. anyway that makes it easier to work on plants in 8ft diameter pots cuz i can just stand in the pot

I just picked up some of those lava rocks for real cheap over in Yuba. Got plans to experiment with some hydro this summer and going to use that lava rock as a medium

im starting to realize that. It's not a laziness thing though, i just say that sometimes cuz i dont want to admit that i'm a poor fuck. Story of my growing career, everything is ghetto but still gets ok results. but the greenhouse was just stressing me out because i am tight on money and time right now. If those issues get solved soon then we will definitely throw up a carport or two, same with the drip, but we dont need that for another couple months. I just dropped 6k on soil and also rent child support PG&E rental car etc so unfortunately the greenhouses are not top priority

Lots of money i still need to collect from last season . just flipped a round of indoor OG though to get a little extra paper before it gets too hot to grow inside, and im still sittin on a few packs from this last little inside thing so im optimistic.

one thing that pisses me offf, I gave almost 75lbs of last years trim to people to run into bho and hash and i still havent seen a dime from it. worst part is i paid almost 1k in labor for big-leafing so the trim would be worth running. I know you're laughing about that one byf ;)

That's shitty about the BHO. I'm getting ready to build a couple of 20x100 hoophouses(they were $2500 each), not really sure what to expect but I'm confident that between youtube and google I should be able to figure it out. I've got about half a dozen family members willing to help me build it though. I learned to do alot of things on my own growing up in Alaska because there simply were not services like that offered there.
I'm sure you could build one, not having a truck would definitely make getting things a giant pain in the ass though so I don't blame you. From what I understand you gotta lay some post foundations for the hoops and then you build a frame around it. Walls at each end and about halfway up the sides you also add in more support. You use a pipe bracket to connect the pipe to the wood like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Ch...aps-10-Pack-HD502-3PK2/202273985?N=5yc1vZbqjc

Last edited:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
im starting to realize that. It's not a laziness thing though, i just say that sometimes cuz i dont want to admit that i'm a poor fuck. Story of my growing career, everything is ghetto but still gets ok results. but the greenhouse was just stressing me out because i am tight on money and time right now. If those issues get solved soon then we will definitely throw up a carport or two, same with the drip, but we dont need that for another couple months. I just dropped 6k on soil and also rent child support PG&E rental car etc so unfortunately the greenhouses are not top priority

I hear you man, you really could probably scrape a hoop together out of what you have around.

Lots of money i still need to collect from last season . just flipped a round of indoor OG though to get a little extra paper before it gets too hot to grow inside, and im still sittin on a few packs from this last little inside thing so im optimistic.

Cash. On. Delivery. Enough said...

one thing that pisses me offf, I gave almost 75lbs of last years trim to people to run into bho and hash and i still havent seen a dime from it. worst part is i paid almost 1k in labor for big-leafing so the trim would be worth running. I know you're laughing about that one

that sucks. You should have just sold the trim, instead of waiting and hoping that some shady "extract artist" will make good on your handshake deal.

The guys I know around here will take trim and have workers pick the fan leaves out...it's not up to you to make a product they want. It's byproduct ...take it how it is and deal with it.

I give away and burn all the trim. I have my trimmers take out anything smaller than a nickel and bag that up separate and get 500 dollar donations for those pounds...they're not even trimmed!

Hope this year is better for you. Offered it a few times, but my place is like a graveyard for grow gear, you can come get some stuff to help get you by

theJointedOne

Veteran
Cheap hoop = PVC sticks, rebar, gorilla tape, couple 2x4's, and some decent poly. I'd stay away from the "1 year" stuff, simply BC a small investment in some decent poly will last a few seasons if you take care of it.

Check out YouTube bro, tons of instruction guides on how to build all sorts of stuff.

Oh and when you get a little extra dough, get an old Toyota truck for cheap....great investment for a farmer...fuck a rental

Good luck. Hoping to see some big Bodhi's out of your spot this year. Also curious how that ancient og cut is going to do this year for ya..your running her again yea?

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tarps.com/chrome
All the fittings and parts you need for cheap...just supply 1" emt,good luck

Calidude

Hey schrews do what you need given your situation. ...greenhouse nice to have but not necessary...All these guy are right but you will do good. You will pull 8 pounders again.

Hey if your tight on funds just go to Costco and "rent" a carport for a couple months. I honestly think that making a cheapo is almost easier than putting one of those together. I built a couple 10x20's for a couple hundred bucks like 4 years ago and they are still standing and doing the job. You don't need to go crazy you could just put your hoops into rebar in the ground and make a spine out of furring strips. Get some hand clamps for .99 to hold the plastic and call it a day. You only need it to hold plastic for a few weeks then build a pimp one next year after you crush it this year

and have you decided what your running yet? I popped a ton of Bodhi beans and can't decide what to do. Each plant is getting a 4+ yard home and since my county sucks this year and I have to cut my numbers way down I need ones that like to get huge. Any suggestions?
-sky lotus
-blueberry hashplant
-super snow lotus
-moon tang
-space cake
-love dawg
-red eye Jedi
-pineapple hp
-synergy
-Appalachian hp
-silver lotus
-pink panther
-pink lotus
-tangie (Crockett)
-sour banana sherbet (Crockett)
And 1 ancient OG!

Bo Hasset

Hope this year is better for you. Offered it a few times, but my place is like a graveyard for grow gear, you can come get some stuff to help get you by

I love this guy... say what you want about BYF being an egotistical asshole... I mean, he his in some ways... but kind of like Ali was an egotistical asshole... he hasn't said anything that wasn't based on truth yet, so he's allowed to swagger.

Anyway, I know for a fact he meant that and wasn't trying to up in web cred... he may not be all warm and fuzzy like Uncle TomHill or some of our other fore bearers, but my impression has always been that planty n' Goldfarmer only works to serve this community in a helpful way....

And not that he needed that clarification, but I'm real fucking high and I'm slowly getting into my summer form and fighting weight (translation - "This 6 pk. and a few pulls of this bourbon have me way more buzzed than I should be")...

And with that being said, Schrews... I've got approximately 2.5 10x20 Costco carports that I've just had piled up for the last two seasons and have slowly taken a piece from here or there to patch something up or rig this to that... you know how us ghetto folks do. Anyway, I grabbed a gaggle of brand new ones from Harbor Freight this year because their 10 x 17 design was EXACTLY the specs I needed.... I built Etta a small shade house by using 1/4 of a kit today because the sun is brutal at this new spot, but there are literally all the pieces you would need to put together at least 2 10 x 20 "hoop houses" and maybe even a small 5 x 10 or 10 x 10 frame you could use for something as well.

If you want to head North towards Chico and grab them, I'll even pay you a pitcher of beer and some hot wings to do it (i.e. we can bond over man stuff like beer and meat while we watch the beautiful women of Chico State parade about town). Let me know.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
but kind of like Ali was an egotistical asshole... he hasn't said anything that wasn't based on truth yet, so he's allowed to swagger.
Nah, not Ali.. BYF is like a young mike tyson
If you want to head North towards Chico and grab them, I'll even pay you a pitcher of beer and some hot wings to do it (i.e. we can bond over man stuff like beer and meat while we watch the beautiful women of Chico State parade about town). Let me know.
holy shit dude that sounds great. I have to drive to Grass Valley soon to pay for soil, is that the same direction?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Good luck. Hoping to see some big Bodhi's out of your spot this year. Also curious how that ancient og cut is going to do this year for ya..your running her again yea?
good advice on the truck, i was just thinking that. Unfortunately i got rid of the big Ancient OG cut. i'm not growing clones this year so i had nothing to use her for.

anyway

happy 4/20~~!

im takin the day off and me and the workers and driving to santa cruz and maybe SF to celebrate for a day or two. been working hard as fuck and now all transplants are done and got a few things done on the hill so i dont feel behind anymore.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
and have you decided what your running yet? I popped a ton of Bodhi beans and can't decide what to do. Each plant is getting a 4+ yard home and since my county sucks this year and I have to cut my numbers way down I need ones that like to get huge. Any suggestions?
-sky lotus
-blueberry hashplant
-super snow lotus
-moon tang
-space cake
-love dawg
-red eye Jedi
-pineapple hp
-synergy
-Appalachian hp
-silver lotus
-pink panther
-pink lotus
-tangie (Crockett)
-sour banana sherbet (Crockett)
And 1 ancient OG!
sky lotus
blueberry hashplant
silver lotus
pineapple hashplant
ancient OG

those would be my first choices. will all get big i think. also the Tangie should be a nice early finisher. I posted a few pages back the list of strains we are growing but again heres what i remember

-blueberry hashplant
-love triangle
-sky lotus
-sorcerer's apprentice
-snow leopard
-ancient OG
-Afkansastan x Snow Lotus
-Stardawg x Goji

and a few others that i forget right now

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm getting ready to build a couple of 20x100 hoophouses(they were $2500 each), not really sure what to expect but I'm confident that between youtube and google I should be able to figure it out. I've got about half a dozen family members willing to help me build it though.
good luck. that sounds nice havin family to help you

thanks man i might take you up on that, but i am hoping to get a little cash infusion this week. . lookin forward to seein the backyard farm someday :tiphat:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
look how fat the leaves are on this Afkansastan x Snow Lotus! i am thinking this one leans heavily towards the Afkansastan mother

RN7AdFKl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
finished transplanting into 5gal smartpots. The red cups are there because i didn't have any plant labels.

066Qpmtl.jpg

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Ha! what i found that works schrews is if you take some scissors and cut labels out of the red cups, they got a nice white inside for writing with permanent marker too.