DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
trash cleaning

8MQuXtil.jpg

dXJ7h2Dl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
had to go to the vet today, foxtail season already.

but at least all the seeds are popping! :woohoo:

2lJUXi2l.jpg

xWjxUYal.jpg

sJNrnjrl.jpg

Holistic Farms

If your going to have a trash pile dont put on or next to your house bro! LOL wtf. Ive lived hours from town and never let more then 8- 32 gallon trash/recycle cans collect at a time. We would just take it with us when we went to town for supplies. (assuming you own a truck) I live closer now and I have a 5x5x5 pile of recycle just sitting next to the pull barn. Haha I dont know how that happened as its a bit backwards...

HillBilly1

Veteran
Feet or ears? Sucks I keep everything short here
Cause of Rattlers but have dealt with FOxtails a bunch
With short cropped ears. The cockleburs are the worst
In feet and armpits

HillBilly1

Veteran
Do you have a digging bar? Plant that fucker flat
Against the nub side place brick or wood for leverage
Pull post to you while pushing down on digging bar..
Cable jack off the side of a farm truck easy ideas that
Work well..

theJointedOne

Veteran
Dang be careful guaranteed there are living creatures in that trash pile, along with their shit and piss....hope your rocking a proper face mask

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
If your going to have a trash pile dont put on or next to your house bro! LOL wtf. Ive lived hours from town and never let more then 8- 32 gallon trash/recycle cans collect at a time. We would just take it with us when we went to town for supplies. (assuming you own a truck) I live closer now and I have a 5x5x5 pile of recycle just sitting next to the pull barn. Haha I dont know how that happened as its a bit backwards...
its next to the garage not the house. but its almost all gone now, we are finishing cleaning the trash today :woohoo: :woohoo:
Trash had to be from previous tenants
yah the previous guy left a bunch of shit here, and im not gonna lie we let it build up a lot in the last year or two, but with multiple partners there was a diffusion of responsibility and people were busy so it didnt get handled until now

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
hope your rocking a proper face mask
no just a tshirt :peacock:

seedlings are almost all popped. we just took them outside for their first day of sunshine. There are a few Ancient OG's that havent sprouted, not sure why the germ rate is lower on them or maybe they just take longer. besides that just a couple Dream Beavers and Heaven Mountains that haven't poppped.

turbo14

Veteran
no just a tshirt :peacock:

seedlings are almost all popped. we just took them outside for their first day of sunshine. There are a few Ancient OG's that havent sprouted, not sure why the germ rate is lower on them or maybe they just take longer. besides that just a couple Dream Beavers and Heaven Mountains that haven't poppped.

I'm about to pop some Dream Beavers and Heaven Mountains myself. Should be dope! Have a good season brotha man!

turbo

Calidude

3 of 25 ancient og did not germinate. The rest was fine and they are all about 1 ft tall. Germinated them 3 weeks ago.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Id take a pitchfork to that clutter, i dont know about putting your hands in that shit...
even better, we used a big snow shovel. took a couple days but the trash is all gone. now i can start worrying about the garden.

we still didnt get the 2014 soil tested. not sure if i should test all 24 of last year's pots individually (that might be $$) or just do a couple, since they are all pretty much the same mix. Well actually the 400's from last year are mostly Vermifire that were topped off with Coots/Boobs Mix, and the 800's are straight Coot's mix.

A few of y'all had suggestions of where to send the soil samples so I'm wondering who's soil test would be easiest to read/interpret so we can figure out what to amend; i dont want to make any mistakes.

coming up on the schedule

-pull T-posts and weeds
-transplant seedlings from cups to 5gal pots
-soil test
-amend/mix last year's dirt
-order new dirt
-carve spots in the hillside for more pots
-make/fill 24x 800gal superpots

Holistic Farms

@ Shcrews. Totally understandable. I'm surprised the owner and/or PM allowed that to happen. I felt guilty about giving you shit so I made myself clean up the pile i had going. Haha I think this is a good approach for your soil test. Mix the top half of each pot (to till in any bone meal, greensand, etc that may still be present from top dressing last fall) then take a 5 gallon sample from each pot. Mix together your samples then send in a sample for testing out of that. If you have two different soil mixes you may want to do this for each soil mix. This should give you a good idea where your soil is at without having to break the bank. What is your main concern PH? As of now we arent having our soil tested.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Ive used Fruit Grower Labs with excellent success. A little more pricey than Logan or whatever but the service is much better.