What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

moonshine mix

my hogsbreath is a relatively heavy feeder. i've been using around a heaping tsp of F&F every now and then. i've tried adding it at different times trying to get an idea of how they respond to it (20, 30, 40 days). seems to have worked nicely but not quite as immediate as a liquid fert. so far it seems like a good idea to add a little bit in every week or so as the yellowing will come back around that time. on a few i've also tried adding some EJ grow instead, didn't seem to have any negative effects but took care of the yellowing. haven't tried this yet, but am interested using the F&F to make a tea and applying it that way. i don't have any experience with teas, but it seems like the particles would have some suspension issues in the water so maybe i'll add a spoonful to a cup and do each one. i just thought maybe the micros in the F&F would get happy in the molasses water?

does anybody add in a blast of some PK near the end? By all means the mix by itself has given me great results, but maybe a little BLAT at the end would make a diff?

i love this idea of top feeding the soil with a teaspoon of F&F. it sounds like a great booster for flowering. also molassas.

ill try both an see what happens.

good news today :woohoo:
i found someone to help me set up my floweer #2 room. :woohoo:

i was way short on money and my friend decieded to get with the program and jump on board.
what a relief.
i was wondering how it would come together :confused:
pictures to follow. now for some green crack and ill be back in the forum.

BBWluva

i just want a straight answer about this top dressing,one person says teaspoons than someone says tablespoons.i don't mean to be a pain in the ass about it,i just want to know what it is..........

moonshine mix pics

moonshine mix pics

bbwluva, i think its not a set thing. start with a teaspoon, and check results. then add more if needed.
check out some new pics people. :lurk:

600 watts digital!

buds! day 11

more buds!

more pics

more pics

lots of pruning down under.

hope you enjoy!
feedback?
im going to add stakes next week and dry ice treatments. poor mans co2. feedback?

BBWluva

yea i guess your right i'll just have to try a couple different amounts.the thing is i use 5 gallon pots to finish with and the amounts people are telling me are for like 1-2 gallon pots. hey nice pics bruce leef

stretchpup

I top fed 3 tablespoons (tbps) of the fruit and flower into each white 2 gal, and I had a couple of 1 gal bags in the corner which got 2 tbps each. I worked it in the top 1" of soil real good with a kitchen fork... (BTW it's much easier to do when the top of the soil is slightly moist, dry was flakey and throwing pieces of peat everywhere...)

6 cups of RO water each with a couple goodies added... and they looked fantastic the next day. This feed was on Day 12 of flower.

My initial mix was MSM minus dry ferts, as I wanted to veg out 2 weeks first. I later found out from some kind people I would probably have been okay to mix the dry in initially and still veg...

So they took a 3tbps top dress easy, but I'll see how it goes...

:joint:

Last edited:
word. nice pics. they look alot like mine. im on day 14 myself. :wave:

rancid is a sick band!
"cause im the kid whos got alot of problems. and if i throw a brick, maybe that brick will go and solve it!" i wanna riot!!!!

just a moment of inspiration. thats all.

pizzadude

i will never go back to hydro! The aroma, taste and high on these buds has set a new standard for me!

sour bubble bx3

ogmed

sour bubble bx3

Last edited:
i top fed a teaspoon each ff fruit and flower at day 24. was this a mistake because of how far alone they are?

i just felt like they wanted some extra nutes.

also i water with sweet leaf for add sugars.

ill post some new pics tonight. im about to blaze on some mk ultra and let me telll you about this quality. WOW! :bashhead:

G

gratefuldawg

Hey stretchpup, i saw your trainwreck thread earlier.. nice buds man. What did you feed those? Moonshine? I'm thinking I might topdress some of mine.

stretchpup

Hey dawg... nah, those were FloraNova Bloom + extra goodies with a long flush. ty!

This is my first 100% organic run yet... and so far everything's doing great. I'm noticing a MG deficiency in my GDP's, I have em right under the light so they are feeding a lot though...

I think I watered 3 times after top dressing initially. I'm almost at the 30 day mark, and I'm going to top dress another 3-4 tbsps in for the last 30 days. Every couple of waterings I use the organic pure blend original instead of plain water.

BBWluva

i just top dressed my mountain jams with 4 tablespoons of fruit & flower at day 30 of 12/12. i am using 5 gallon pots to finish in.so far i really like this mix,i have not had any problems with it.

BBWluva

yea i'm going to try to get some on here this weekend.i also have some finished mandala Sadhu that i grew in the moonshine mix....all i can say is don't sleep on mandala seeds,worth every penny alot better than some of the expensive strains i grew.....