What's new

Michael Phelps Caught Smoking Bong

madrecinco

Veteran
The jails are very overcrowded now and putting college and high school age kids in jail is not of any service to the community. They were doing what many college kids do in their spare time. Important to unwind as college is stressful. Many a accomplished professional smoked weed in college. Obama for one. The president...my govenor...smoked pot in college and did not go to jail. They need to tar and feather that sheriff and run him outta town.

But maybe it will enrage enough to do some good for the movement.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Woo such passion.....ETOH is not bad in moderation like all things.
Why are you so hard on him about drinking? What college age kid don't drink? More do than don't. Drinking and driving is iresponsible though.

Dang chill!

But actually from a medical standpoint drinking ETOH is much worse for your health weed. I have detoxed many off alcohol...opiates...benzo's and weed is the least destructive to the body....YET it is LEGAL.

I have seen many horrible deaths from alcihol though.

So WHY is it OK for the NBA but not an Olympic champion.

Yes, I have a great deal of passion when I defend Cannabis. This does not stop online, I'm more animated & outspoken in person. As CEO Phelps doesn't get hired on his conviction of dui. Phelps doesn't let his guard down & smoke in front of strangers had he not been drinking. This whole thing comes back to his drinking.

We have a thread around about who is your hero, my top two picks were Bobby Orr & Sandy Hawley. You may have heard of them they're Champions on & off the field. Had these guys been convicted of impaired driving they would have blemished records like Rob Ramage that drunken shit comes to mind. That's where Phelps is headed.

I don't know much about the NBA but you're are correct if you're saying there's double standards just like Kellogg's double standard on it's OK to be a convicted drunk driver but the second you pose with a bong you're trouble is just as hypocritical.

To me a role model is one who can resist the temptations of intoxicating themselves to the point they do something they would not have done had they been thinking, whether it be booze, cannabis, sex they must stand above that & stay in control. Bobby played as good as he did because he worked at it born with the greatest natural gift he still worked hard to entertain his fans. He never went through the motions. It takes that same determination off the field to be a role model Phelps is nowhere near these two guys as he continues to mess up. There is a chance he'll grow up if he stays sober.

"In a February 6 search warrant for the Columbia home where Phelps partied, the Richland County Sheriff's Department makes no mention of the November bash. The warrant, released today by a magistrate judge, claims that the property at 2201 Blossom Street was targeted as part of "ongoing drug investigation in the Columbia, SC area." As a result of the raid at the Blossom Street home (and a property about 15 miles away on Lake Murray), several young men and women have been busted on pot charges for their contemporaneous possession of the drug (not some retroactive criminality related to the party Phelps attended at the Blossom Street property). According to search warrant documents, probable cause to raid the home seems to have been established after cops approached Daniel White, 22, as he was leaving the house on February 4. White, who said he was subletting the property to Kameron Howard, 23, reportedly admitted that pot "was stored and consumed on a regular basis at the residence."

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Whoever it was that released the photo of Phelps should be in jail.

Teach that bastard a lesson by being someones bitch for a while.

IRay

Haha, my buddy is going to be so bit. He's a swimmer at UCSD and Micheal Phelps is of course his Idol. Did I mention my buddy doesn't really smoke. haha

madrecinco

Veteran
Yes, I have a great deal of passion when I defend Cannabis. This does not stop online, I'm more animated & outspoken in person. As CEO Phelps doesn't get hired on his conviction of dui. Phelps doesn't let his guard down & smoke in front of strangers had he not been drinking. This whole thing comes back to his drinking.

We have a thread around about who is your hero, my top two picks were Bobby Orr & Sandy Hawley. You may have heard of them they're Champions on & off the field. Had these guys been convicted of impaired driving they would have blemished records like Rob Ramage that drunken shit comes to mind. That's where Phelps is headed.

I don't know much about the NBA but you're are correct if you're saying there's double standards just like Kellogg's double standard on it's OK to be a convicted drunk driver but the second you pose with a bong you're trouble is just as hypocritical.

To me a role model is one who can resist the temptations of intoxicating themselves to the point they do something they would not have done had they been thinking, whether it be booze, cannabis, sex they must stand above that & stay in control. Bobby played as good as he did because he worked at it born with the greatest natural gift he still worked hard to entertain his fans. He never went through the motions. It takes that same determination off the field to be a role model Phelps is nowhere near these two guys as he continues to mess up. There is a chance he'll grow up if he stays sober.

"In a February 6 search warrant for the Columbia home where Phelps partied, the Richland County Sheriff's Department makes no mention of the November bash. The warrant, released today by a magistrate judge, claims that the property at 2201 Blossom Street was targeted as part of "ongoing drug investigation in the Columbia, SC area." As a result of the raid at the Blossom Street home (and a property about 15 miles away on Lake Murray), several young men and women have been busted on pot charges for their contemporaneous possession of the drug (not some retroactive criminality related to the party Phelps attended at the Blossom Street property). According to search warrant documents, probable cause to raid the home seems to have been established after cops approached Daniel White, 22, as he was leaving the house on February 4. White, who said he was subletting the property to Kameron Howard, 23, reportedly admitted that pot "was stored and consumed on a regular basis at the residence."

Passion is a good thing for your cause....I also have a passion to legalize weed....but I had to lead a low profile because of my profession. But now I feel obligated to join the movement...As soon as I figure out the best way I can be of use. As a retired person I can now speak out freely NOW!.
The East Coast needs to follow the West Coast example and we are seeing progress here. That is why I come here....to learn....I am not a major grower....although I do have 2 plants and studying the process. I babysit my grandkids daily and here they are takin' away kids from growers....granny don't want her babies snatched away because I grow and toke. The politics of pot is my PASSION and we are not allowed to discuss politics here much.....sooooI hang out here and learn more. I used to go to Marihemp for a couple of years but the GOD MOD there banned me for my big MOUTH....LOL..us Texas women don't take crap honeychild! hope you guys don't get PO'd at me as I tell it like it is.

But quiet women don't make progress and change HX history....Radical...educated ...determined women can make a difference. We did it last century for sure. Freeing ourselves from basically bondage...LOL but thats a whole nother generations history.

So what is your prob though with girls losing their virginity and drinking???
I don't understand the connection. Girls will most likely drink and lose their virginity before marraige. Not me as I got married at 15 because in my day that is what you did instead of just have sex. Better to have sex than get married too young. But I am off subject.....
Don't want to piss you off because somebody warned me I don't have a REP YET! LOL! Did not know I had to have ine! I am what I am and don't apologise for it at this stage.

Phelps is just a good kid out havin' a little fun....GEEZ....he represented our country so great. America.....cut the boy some slack.....and I personally am goin' to SC to tell that sheriff off....seriously! I live not to far and have to go to Charleston anyhoo!

But keep the passion as passion IS A GOOD THING!

madrecinco

Veteran
If they vote him in again, then they deserve what they get. He is just Grandstanding. :moon:

Our vote can be powerful...It is basically all we can do...but pot activism needs a breath of fresh air....New leadership and overall organization...Maybe we need ppl like Jengal....Stormcrow and I and LolaGal to upstart....nuthin' worse than pissed off women doncha know?

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Yes, its a shame to see people stuck in the century before this one......(actually wasn't pot legal in the century before this one??) but sounds to me like the folks in SC need to grow up and get educated as they seem to still be living in the broken lies of the past about ganja.

That's why I think this will help our cause......but it may be somewhat at Phelp's expense. Somebody mentioned a lower profile.....I agree with this completely rather than college parties with assholes around snapping photos to grab some $$ for themselves.

litebuzz

honest to god...if i win powerball...i'm going to buy primetime spots on national television and show documentary films like "the union" and reason tv stuff. you would think that some of these billionaires like ted turner would go to bat for the cause. he's fukin loaded, he likes pot and he owns damn networks!!!! come on ted...show maryjane some love man!

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
madrecinco, The connection is both have tarnished their image by losing their self control due to alcohol. Something that in all probability would not of happened otherwise. I don't have a problem with Phelps's substance abuse, I was a professional once. I don't go around bribing the press to keep my actions under wrap. I'm who I am not some BS image created for swimming fans & personal financial gain.

The press can plaster a photo of me smoking Cannabis anytime they like. I'll sign them if you enclose a self addressed envelope. I am self employed but I have customers whose opinions may be contradictory to mine. I'll stand up & take my chances if they get rid of me at least I have my dignity. Phelps got canned even though he apologized hehehe.

Someone has a very vivid imagination about doing jail time, won't you have fun.

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Good, then I'm glad you see that no everyone needs to share your view grassalot in order to pass inspection under you.

Because I dont.

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Our vote can be powerful...It is basically all we can do...but pot activism needs a breath of fresh air....New leadership and overall organization...Maybe we need ppl like Jengal....Stormcrow and I and LolaGal to upstart....nuthin' worse than pissed off women doncha know?

What are you waiting for? We can certainly use it!!! you GO Girl!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I say leave Mike alone!! WTF is everybody's problem with sports players??? I bet 80% of America wouldn't care if they went home and got drunk!! But oh my!!! They're smoking poison it's ruining our country!!! What about the meth problem in this country??

madrecinco

Veteran
madrecinco, The connection is both have tarnished their image by losing their self control due to alcohol. Something that in all probability would not of happened otherwise. I don't have a problem with Phelps's substance abuse, I was a professional once. I don't go around bribing the press to keep my actions under wrap. I'm who I am not some BS image created for swimming fans & personal financial gain.

The press can plaster a photo of me smoking Cannabis anytime they like. I'll sign them if you enclose a self addressed envelope. I am self employed but I have customers whose opinions may be contradictory to mine. I'll stand up & take my chances if they get rid of me at least I have my dignity. Phelps got canned even though he apologized hehehe.

Someone has a very vivid imagination about doing jail time, won't you have fun.

Some have to be low profile because society still judges us stoners as losers somehow....but many successful people privately smoke weed. Hollywood celebs can be more open. But it would not have boded well for me to be seen with a bong once upon a time.
But I guess I have not read about Phelps drinking because I do espouse alcohol used lightly as I have seen much destruction from alcohol. not to mention liver damage and death....My new man is a retired fireman/paramedic.... Weed is a gentler spirit. I love weed and when I would quit for my career I would dream about it...LOL...seriously...
I missed it and used it to de stress while raising 5 kids and a stressful career.

Privately many in my career smoke weed, but it is a slippery slope and nerve wracking so I finally gave it up for years. Dreamin' of retiring and toking again. Should not have to be old to be FREE!
But still lots of prejudice against tokers as you see the OVER REACTION with Phelps.

I started in the 60's when it was equated with heroin....it was hell back then...I know someone....now dead... who did 10 years in prison for less than an once....in my lifetime!

Soooo we really have come a long way since those days....but we have a long way to go and there is no TRUE LEADER OR organization who can do it yet IMHO.

Montel Williams...Snoop Dog...Melissa Ethridge and some celebs have spoken out...but not enough because there is a price to pay for being a crusader.
Look what they are doing to phelps...don't they have any child molesters in SC to arrest instead of college kids having fun?

I enjoy your passion and straight talk....MAYBE there IS hope for this generation....LOL!

madrecinco

Veteran
I say leave Mike alone!! WTF is everybody's problem with sports players??? I bet 80% of America wouldn't care if they went home and got drunk!! But oh my!!! They're smoking poison it's ruining our country!!! What about the meth problem in this country??

METH is the most destructive drug I have seen yet.
Weed is a good natural medicine that has grown since time began for a REASON!

madrecinco

Veteran
What are you waiting for? We can certainly use it!!! you GO Girl!!

I am ready! Lets march on D.C. and have a Smoke Out!!!
Do you know that the first toker party in America was at the first Worlds Fair here? An Arab prince brought some over and they had a toker tent going.
Did you know that Napoleon introduced it to Europe?
Queen Victoria used to toke for menstrual cramps!

Weed is A GOOD MEDICINE! Never saw anybody OD on it~!

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
meth eh? I'm an older alcoholic (don't drink now) so I consider it a beast myself. But why do you find meth so destructive.......what it does to the body?

madrecinco

Veteran
meth eh? I'm an older alcoholic (don't drink now) so I consider it a beast myself. But why do you find meth so destructive.......what it does to the body?

Good for you for quitting alcohol. My youngest son is 9 years sober and now a Trauma ICU R.N. and I thought I would lose that kid once. He and all his friends are AA.

But Meth is "highly addictive"....Causes "The mother of all dopamine releases" which cause the increased pleasure and euphoria...but over time destroys dopamine receptors and make it almost impossible to feel pleasure...robs user of physical health and cognitive abilities....libido...goodlooks...rots your teeth...etc

Damages cognitive abilities permanantly and can cause death...

pleasure can come back over time though....It is made with toxic compounds and gases.

But I was a nurse in our local county jail 96-2000 and I would see the recidivistic "guest" coming and going those 4 years and the physical and mental destruction was profoud to thier body and soulj as well as mind...I had to leave it was sooo depressing. I don't think too highly of crack either....but just my humble opinion anyway...

Latest posts

Latest posts