What's new

Michael Phelps Caught Smoking Bong

Skip

Veteran
Michael Phelps, the Olympic Gold Medalist was photographed smoking a bong at a college. Some speculate this may ruin his career, prevent him from ever competing in the Olympics and cause his sponsors to abandon him. And one law enforcement officer seems to be determined to charge him.

Some people claim Phelps has been partying hard since he won eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics.

phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

Read the story here:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...el-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html

One Love

haha, Sweet Inc. I was going to type those exact words "hey at least he was using a Roor". People are such haters though. Someone gets a pic of a famous person like this and all the haters are out for blood. Hater cops trying to find a way to press charges.. If i was Phelps i would have already bought a big ranch with enough land to isolate myself from that kind of attention. I actually never liked the guy before this story, now he doesn't seem like such a douche, heh heh.

B

bagseed77

its the sherrif in columbia says if he finds a witness he will charge him with poss., are you fricking kidding me , if he does someone please find a pic of him(Leon Lott) touching a child and charge him with molestation.this shit is crazy charging a guy in a picture, he wasnt even holding the weed, he was inhaleing. LEGALIZE ALREADY !!!

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Well he should if he signed some sort of contract saying he wouldn't do such things imo. I couldn't care less if Michael Phelps smokes dope......PROPS I say to a guy who does dope and can 14 medals. If that's what it does for you I'll take double.

BUT he made an agreement and contract.....a promise......and he broke it. There's his fault in my view.

Sweet Inc.

These fucking cameraphones!!! no friggin privacy,for anyone, ever!
Being a celeb and having tons to lose must suck ass in that respect...
Having a nerd blackmail you for photos he got on his phone from a bar last night...:dueling:
Even me tokin somewhere, some asshole filming me for the pigs?:mad:

I think the best question that should be asked is what strain was he smokin and what seedbank did he get it from? Im gonna bet with his olympic abilities, he was tokin on some of the finest haze genetics around! No couchlockin for that guy!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far swimmer Michael Phelps doesn’t seem to be in much hot water with his sponsors after his apology for being photographed inhaling from a marijuana pipe last fall.

From apparel company Speedo to luxury Swiss watchmaker Omega, several sponsors are holding firm. Even the editor of Parenting magazine doesn’t see this as a cataclysmic event.

“We should grab this teachable moment,” said Lisa Bain, executive editor of Parenting. “It’s a good opportunity to talk to your kids about role models. They’re human.

“Any conversation you can have with your kids about the choices people make, especially those they hold up as role models, is a good thing.”

To her and to many others, there’s no question that Phelps is a role model for young kids, as opposed to, say, a mere celebrity endorser. But he could be in trouble with Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, who says he will charge Phelps with a crime if he can determine whether the marijuana was smoked in Richland County.

“This case is no different than any other case,” Lott said Monday. “This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It’s a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred.”

Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Columbia, S.C., Police Department said they would pursue charges.

jakeh

Kind of funny I think. You have a supreme athlete(greatest olympian of all time) debunking the bs everyone heaps on mj. He's swam at least 8 miles a day since 12. Mj is not a performance enhancing drug but considered the opposite and he beats everyone on the planet and everyone on the planet before him. I would imagine it is quite unnerving for the powers that be to explain how pot can ruin your life. As it stands Obama smoked pot and snorted coke, Bush ditto and Clinton didn't inhale but I bet he at least tried coke as well. Hopefully the tide is turning. It should truly be a non event. I'm glad his sponsors have stuck with him. Must mean they know he will dominate in 2012 at the olympics. Time will tell.

N707

He has already been unofficially qouted as to of talked with previous olympic board members and is in no danger of being exiled from the sport. I highly doubt this will kill his career, if anything the publicity will make him more popular with some of the youth along with others and boost his media exposure.
As for the cop...what is he going to do, slap him with a $125 ticket...oooo thats scary...lol. The guy is already set for life from money earned via endorsements. Even if they don't give him any new contracts and cancel current ones (extremely unlikley considering his place in the sport) he earned over $2,000,000.00 from commercials and other ads in less than 6 months. That right there can pay for the rest of your life with proper investments. I think we all know someone that has been popped for smokin some buds, it really is a tiny infraction.

MickTheBrag

with him being a olympic champion would'nt you think a vaporizer would be better than a roor bong.:laughing:
free advert for roor man. :woohoo:

if they ban him it'l bad sh#t man. and i would'nt put it past them doing it either. all the best phelpsy. :joint:

neuroherb

Im in a minority but if he had gone yeah I smoke and look still managed to get all these medals, didn't make me what the gov clams etc.. then I would say right on to him, but IMHO as he has gone for the forgiveness etc and you might even expect to see him on one of the high profile US DARE scheme's or prohibition ad's soon the again IMHO he should suffer the same fate as any other olympic athlete caught with a banned substance. Others have been caught for petty use such as cold medicines and he at least knew what risk he was taking.

As a side note I think the pic included looks posed to me. Most folk I know would cover the carb hole while inhaling and not light the bong with the stem to the left but straight out in front. Also there would be at least enough of a hit to cause some smoke.

But all publicity is good publicity to the celeb listers.