What's new

Mars Hydro LED

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Team at Mars Hydro,
I have another peice for feedback for you:
The hanging system you ship with the TS lights is good, but make it more user friendly by ensuring the carabiners at the top are exchanged for S hooks that actually fit around tent poles so we don't have to use zip ties to hang the lights all over again.

Cheers
CC

bibi40

Hey Team at Mars Hydro,
The hanging system you ship with the TS lights is good, but make it more user friendly by ensuring the carabiners at the top are exchanged for S hooks that actually fit around tent poles so we don't have to use zip ties to hang the lights all over again.

Cheers
CC

i agree , i had to change my hooks with other i had buy cause they don' t fit my tent ,
that' s a little thing but will be good to put larger hooks wich fit with any tent .

:tiphat:

DiverDave

Mars Rocks!

Mars Rocks!

I just purchased a Mars FC 6500 rack light.
I requested the 120v cord.. they supplied me with it at no cost.

I used my ratchet hangers because there were only 2 in the box & I needed 4.
I like to use one for each corner and because my grow was running already
and they were already touching my last set of lights.
Installing them at the top of my tent by all 4 corners was a breeze with the help of another person.

I currently have it at 75% on dimmer, seems more then enough.
I am loving these and would get another when I can get another 5x5 tent.
Highly recommend them, they have the best specs out there to date, for under $1k .

picture.php

picture.php

Mars rocks

picture.php

Mars love their stickers huh ;)

DD

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Team at Mars Hydro,

Cheers
CC

The fix is 2 pieces of 10-15 cm of chain from the hardware store. Needs to be just big enaugh for the carabine to latch through. Preferably should have welded links if it's a really thin chain.
But yes, would be nice to have something that works out of the pack.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hey Team at Mars Hydro,

Cheers
CC

Thanks for the suggestion. We will see if there is a chance to upgrade the hangers. :thank you:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I just purchased a Mars FC 6500 rack light.
I requested the 120v cord.. they supplied me with it at no cost.

I used my ratchet hangers because there were only 2 in the box & I needed 4.
I like to use one for each corner and because my grow was running already
and they were already touching my last set of lights.
Installing them at the top of my tent by all 4 corners was a breeze with the help of another person.

I currently have it at 75% on dimmer, seems more then enough.
I am loving these and would get another when I can get another 5x5 tent.
Highly recommend them, they have the best specs out there to date, for under $1k .

View Image
View Image

Mars rocks

View Image
Mars love their stickers huh ;)

DD

:woohoo: Thanks for your support, buddy. The plants look amazing. There will be a big harvest. :tiphat:

DiverDave

Thank you all for your kind words.

I will give it another day and get more photos up.
Today After raising temp by 2 degrees on the aircon, The temps are still low 70's
That is probably cause I have the controller outside of the tent I recommend doing that too.

RH 57 74F in the tent.

DD

LordOfTheNugZ7

I've been looking around quite a bit and researching etc... But what would you recommend to be the equivalent to 1000 watt HPS as far as footprint and production? I have a 3600watt flower room w 2000watts total from above and 800 watts total from the sides and am getting above 1 g per watt unless it is a cookie run, but I am considering checking out an LED light to run against a 1000hps to run a comparison, all monocropped to keep it even.
What would you recommend Mars?

DiverDave

I've been looking around quite a bit and researching etc... But what would you recommend to be the equivalent to 1000 watt HPS as far as footprint and production? I have a 3600watt flower room w 2000watts total from above and 800 watts total from the sides and am getting above 1 g per watt unless it is a cookie run, but I am considering checking out an LED light to run against a 1000hps to run a comparison, all monocropped to keep it even.

LordOfTheNugZ7
What is the size of your grow?

If you have 5x5 tent or a room, these FC 6500 are the best buy for your buck.

I have the 120v cord so it has the best specs.

DD

LordOfTheNugZ7

LordOfTheNugZ7
What is the size of your grow?

If you have 5x5 tent or a room, these FC 6500 are the best buy for your buck.

I have the 120v cord so it has the best specs.

DD

The size of my grow doesn't matter. What I am asking is what is the most comparable in footprint and output to a 1kw HPS.

DiverDave

ok, the specs say 6x6 for veg, flower print is 5x5
I replaced what was 1071 actual watts of LED's.

Although I believe the FC 6500 would be equal to the HPS 1k
I would have to see reviews by someone with meters to give you an actual account.
The specs are on Mars Hydro page with everything your asking for.
The selling points for me was long cord to keep control out of tent & the low heat & high output with great penetration.
It's got all that & stickers.

DD

Last edited:

VanVulpen

Veteran
Hi all,
Old HPS head here looking to convert to LED's, well I've sort of a did on my own and without much thought I've started using some very old/no brand led lamps and I must say that I'm very disappointed with the results so far... My sativas are showing very little progress if any so I got to the point where it's either an upgrade to some decent panels or go back the old HPS route.
I've been looking throughout this thread and not only and I'm getting convinced by other's results that this is the way forward so my question is what would you guys recommend for a 0.8 x 2.2m space with a head height of about 2m? I'm not really worried about power consumption as I've been waisting loads already but what I do need is good penetration light, the kind that my sativas would get in the tropics where they do originate from...
I'm messing around with Central American genetics this season like Honduras, Panama, different sorts of Mexicans and some Hazes too and I would be very happy to document a miracle turnaround in my grow room if that was to ocure by changing the lights setup...
It is therefore with great shame and after a couple of months of vegging that I've only managed to get this far so any help would be greatly appreciated...

picture.php

DiverDave

for sure VanVulpen
not much on converting the numbers
but I would go rack lights for the penetration.

The size and wattage are your calls.
the NEW LEDs will make you happy, I use to use blurple lights augmented with while led or cobs.

So the switch over to Mars FC 6500 was a giant leap forwards.
Now I am interested in gr/watt dried.

I have been in the 1.7ish range since I got my grow dialed in (a few grows back)
And if your there, jump on rack lights, unlike the QB , the rack lights don't have hot spots in the middle.

This is a good time to jump on it before sales bring the price up because of demand.

Happy growing
peace out

DD

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor

welcome, buddy. The best light to replace 1000W HPS light is the FC6500. (Diverdave is using it). Here is the link for the thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378739&page=6

It is made by samsung and osram chip. The PPE can reach 2.8umol/J. The flowering coverage is 5x5ft and the max power is around 650W.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi all,
Old HPS head here looking to convert to LED's, well I've sort of a did on my own and without much thought I've started using some very old/no brand led lamps and I must say that I'm very disappointed with the results so far... My sativas are showing very little progress if any so I got to the point where it's either an upgrade to some decent panels or go back the old HPS route.
I've been looking throughout this thread and not only and I'm getting convinced by other's results that this is the way forward so my question is what would you guys recommend for a 0.8 x 2.2m space with a head height of about 2m? I'm not really worried about power consumption as I've been waisting loads already but what I do need is good penetration light, the kind that my sativas would get in the tropics where they do originate from...
I'm messing around with Central American genetics this season like Honduras, Panama, different sorts of Mexicans and some Hazes too and I would be very happy to document a miracle turnaround in my grow room if that was to ocure by changing the lights setup...
It is therefore with great shame and after a couple of months of vegging that I've only managed to get this far so any help would be greatly appreciated...

View Image

Hi mate, if you look for high penetration light. The SP3000 is a good option for you. It is made by samsung and osram chip too. To cover 0.8x2.2m well, you might need 4 pcs. To check more details about the light through our website: https://bit.ly/30DesD0

trainer

Hello Joy from mars-hydro I want to buy a fc 3000 in Germany but Now the price get high from 350 Euro to 450 Euro .
Now I wonder if I buy the Light or not .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
helped to talk my local grow shop into stocking some mars products..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

DiverDave

My car is broke down or I would go to the hydro store and get them to pick up a collection for the tents they display.
Till parts for my car come in and I can get them on, it will have to wait.

Great product for sure.

DD

Latest posts

Latest posts