What's new

Mars Hydro is ignoring members/winners from giveaway contest!?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have nothing but good things to say about mars hydro,, the light I have has been running on 24/7 for years now,, it's a tank compared to others,, I can throw it around like a Frisbee and it's never broken,, for a starter light it's solid,,, I've not tried the newer types but the old ones are solid lights for my veg,,, it's not a flower light but I I love love love it for veg,,

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Seems like this site is being infiltrated with trollitup members. Bummer.

I have always had good luck with Mars with the many many lights we bought or were given to test by Mars. Joy has always been quick to communicate.

They responded, now let's see what happens before bashing the shit out of one of the sites sponsors.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, can't help but wonder if it's still Joy at the helm or if someone else has taken over Communications. Or maybe she's been on Holliday. I do hope Mitsu gets his prize though, it's been a while now. Great lights, and historically great Comms with Joy.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Right that's what I don't get. Joy has always been on point. She does take a vacation around this time I believe. I don't know, I just think people are so damn quick to bash people. Mars has been a great vendor on this site for years now. One misstep and people are throwing the gas on the fire and going full Rollitup.

And just for the record, I went back to HPS so I don't have a dog in this fight. Just adding my experience.

Hasch

learning and laughing
This thread started on 30th of November.
Before the start of this thread Mitsu asked via private message multiple times for the prize that Mars had promised him at the Halloween contest.

No response from Mars.
Then Mitsu starts this thread and again no response from Mars for weeks!

Finally someone from Mars responded and promised a quick resolution to the f++kup.

Now almost middle of January some people here try to say that Mars just needs tome to get this cleared up....

How much time do you feel is appropriate for this difficult task 🤔

It's been more the 8 weeks time so far...

WonkasTHC

Yeah, can't help but wonder if it's still Joy at the helm or if someone else has taken over Communications. Or maybe she's been on Holliday. I do hope Mitsu gets his prize though, it's been a while now. Great lights, and historically great Comms with Joy.
A few posts back @Mars Hydro Led
Tried to say it was ICMags fault because they changed administration.
I think mars also changed their sponsorship person.

Go back to page 6 its still there.

WonkasTHC

Post in thread 'Mars Hydro is ignoring members/winners from giveaway contest!?' https://www.icmag.com/threads/mars-...-from-giveaway-contest.18129047/post-18491253
Here ill just drop the link lol.

In my experience, mars hydro sucks.
I had 3 lights catch fire.
1 was 2 months old and they didnt even uphold their warranty. Wanted me to pay for shipping and parts like the warranty didnt even exist. Absolute garbage company.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
3 separate lights caught fire? Wow, I've got 5. One of them almost 4 years old now. Not so much as a single led out. I am surprised.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am suprised as well at 3 lights going out for one single user, but maybe the guy has 30 of then running. I have more than 5 and single problem was 1-2 individual diodes going out on an older one. The rest work as they should.

Anyway, since I am here I will also give our official point of view.
Hopefully @Mars Hydro Led fixes this. I can't see how IcMag users and regular forum readers could continue to trust them and their contests and giveaways if they just shut up about this and press on. I do think they meant a change in their administration as the reason for the delay, as nothing we did could have delayed this giveaway or them sending the prizes. If anything changes here or you guys need any help or info I can provide tag me @exploziv or send me a pm.

can'tfindmyway

Too old Senior Member
Post in thread 'Mars Hydro is ignoring members/winners from giveaway contest!?' https://www.icmag.com/threads/mars-...-from-giveaway-contest.18129047/post-18491253
Here ill just drop the link lol.

In my experience, mars hydro sucks.
I had 3 lights catch fire.
1 was 2 months old and they didnt even uphold their warranty. Wanted me to pay for shipping and parts like the warranty didnt even exist. Absolute garbage company.
...And like last time I ask you to provide me with a photographic documentation of what you say.😇

Too easy to shovel shit on others without proving it ... and if you don't prove it, then it's bullshit:cautious:

Honestly it seems quite unlikely to me as Meanwell drivers that they use are super protected both electronically and with ultra-fast fuses (I have opened many), and as far as the lamp is concerned what at most can happen is that the copper traces that conduct the current are burned ....aluminum...I do not know to catch fire ...:ROFLMAO:

For the rest we can also talk about it ...

@exploziv the last Pm I received me on Dec 15 asked me for address etc, then on the 18th also the phone ...and then R.I.P:cry:
Hi "can'tfindmyway",

Please tell us your recipient's name, road/city/state/country/postcode, tel, and email. (please make sure it is up to date)

Sorry, the prize was delayed due to a previous change of admin. We are currently arranging delivery and we will notify you again when the tracking number is available.

Best Regards

Mars Hydro icmag Official
:tiphat:

WonkasTHC

3 separate lights caught fire? Wow, I've got 5. One of them almost 4 years old now. Not so much as a single led out. I am surprised.
Yeah, it was the 16 gauge wires or the connectors they use. They melt or catch fire.
These were tsl and tsw 2000s.
Either way i wont trust them ever again. I see far too many posts about mars hydro and spider farmer lights melting, burning, or catching on fire.

WonkasTHC

...And like last time I ask you to provide me with a photographic documentation of what you say.😇

Too easy to shovel shit on others without proving it ... and if you don't prove it, then it's bullshit:cautious:

Honestly it seems quite unlikely to me as Meanwell drivers that they use are super protected both electronically and with ultra-fast fuses (I have opened many), and as far as the lamp is concerned what at most can happen is that the copper traces that conduct the current are burned ....aluminum...I do not know to catch fire ...:ROFLMAO:

For the rest we can also talk about it ...

@exploziv the last Pm I received me on Dec 15 asked me for address etc, then on the 18th also the phone ...and then R.I.P:cry:

:tiphat:
I mean, i would dig up photos, since ya know, you're having issues getting your stuff from them, so it must be sooooooo fkn hard for you to believe that their products are just as shitty as their customer service.... but i honestly dont give a fuck anymore.
Everytime i come in here and say something about mars hydro you get all butthurt and jump on me so fuck you buddy have a nice day 🖕🏼
Go try and jump on someone elses dick.

can'tfindmyway

Too old Senior Member
I mean, i would dig up photos, since ya know, you're having issues getting your stuff from them, so it must be sooooooo fkn hard for you to believe that their products are just as shitty as their customer service.... but i honestly dont give a fuck anymore.
Everytime i come in here and say something about mars hydro you get all butthurt and jump on me so fuck you buddy have a nice day 🖕🏼
Go try and jump on someone elses dick.
I'm undecided whether to get pissed off and whether to take it on the laugh :ROFLMAO: ... in my opinion, and I tell you very clearly, you are just a troll and nothing more.:hotbounce

As a civilized person what you should be, if you really want to discredit someone, whoever it is, you must have data in your hand if not as I have already told you you are talking about hot air without any value.

I don't think I assaulted you, I just asked you to prove your words which are really very serious because we talk about security and with the life of others you don't mess with ... and not even with your own.

You think I want to attack you, but dear friend not like that, I took your words very seriously and that's why I sacrificed an old ts 1000 forcing it to work beyond 56 v .... I had to use a driver on purpose because the original meanwell name allowed it ... the lamp died after two days but only because the copper tracks gave way ... so ... how can I believe?

The finger ...... ehhh if you use it on yourself maybe it will be able to have less hatred towards others in general ...

For the rest ... what you write shows your intellectual level ...

Ps: smoke more or change strain ... this hurts you :ROFLMAO: 😇:tiphat:

WonkasTHC

As a civilized person what you should be, if you really want to discredit someone, whoever it is, you must have data in your hand if not as I have already told you you are talking about hot air without any value.
Here ya go mr. ryder.
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
Resized_20220928_210454.jpeg
Resized_20220928_210424.jpeg

First 2 pics i caught it arcing and light flickering so it didnt catch fire, just melted a small bit/sparked.

Second set of photos i came in the room and smelled electrical fire.
Soot all over my tent ceiling, breaker tripped and wires melted/charred from a fire.

I didnt come in here making false accusations man.
You clearly just cant believe what you read🤦🏻🤦🏻

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts