What's new

Diary Malawi x Northern Lights + Zamaldelica fem/autos

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good morning Ace Seeds ☺️ - dubi recently sent me some Malawi x NL and Zamaldelica auto/fems to grow on my balcony this summer ☀️ - and asked if I could grow/show here on his forum - so here goes 😀 -
Already I have germinated 4 Malawi x NL - and they have grown into seedlings 🌱 - this morning I took them from inside my apartment in their small fibre cups and transplanted them into bigger pots outside on the balcony - where they will grow - till they finish - probably in early September some time -

For slug prevention I have sprinkled a ring of dehydrated garlic powder and egg shells around the seedlings 🌱 - since last year we had a small problem with the slugs - and found out that this method works well -

I am using a cheap multi purpose compost from www.bettergrowing.com - that I bought for £3.50 for a 40 liter bag - from the Pound Store -
2024-06-0409.46.572390547990301147697.jpg

2024-06-0409.45.20819339606024463998.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've also started 3 Zamaldelica seeds - to seedlings 🌱 now - about a week after the Malawi x NL - and will put them outside in the bigger pots in a few days time -

- because they are still a bit too young to go outside by themselves - and might get into trouble - if it rains 🌧 -

2024-06-0411.50.182907970747452086162.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yup - ehh - mustn't forget to show you all what products I'm using - to make the grow/show more thorough and interesting - 😉
2024-06-0412.20.054950162165954956880.jpg

Here we have Rajah garlic powder - no artificial colours or additives (its just dehydrated garlic powder ) - and brown eggshells from big brown eggs - from big brown free range chickens (they get to run around) - first rinsed off of all the albumen sticky eggy stuff - then dried and ceromoniouly crushed in a Bacofoil litre zipper plastic bag - for anti-slugdom defences -

* Imagine if you were a fat greasy/slimy slug - and you were trying to get some weed - then came across a crushed eggshell and garlic powder barrier - that you had to get over - to get the weed - lol

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Gypsy Nirvana It makes me very happy to see you growing some ACE genetics for the first time after all these years :)

Slugs and birds eating at the seedling stage, and botrytis in the second half of flowering, are the main dangers you will face when growing cannabis plants in a British climate. The short growing season is also a challenge. Good luck! 💪

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@Gypsy Nirvana It makes me very happy to see you growing some ACE genetics for the first time after all these years :)

Slugs and birds eating at the seedling stage, and botrytis in the second half of flowering, are the main dangers you will face when growing cannabis plants in a British climate. The short growing season is also a challenge. Good luck! 💪
Hey @dubi 👋 - yup - I've been growing in the UK for quite a while now - just real small time lately - a few plants 🪴 a year - up on my balcony - I finished 3 plants last year - have 7 going this year - as seedlings 🌱 currently - wondering where I'm gonna fit on the balcony - as all 7 get into flowering - might not be much room there at all - so may need to torture and train the plants to stay low again - time will tell 😀 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nice to see all you guys on my thread -

The weather has been wet and cold mostly these past days - below June averages - but things might pick up now - with no rain forecast today and temps topping out around 21C - here's the forecast-

This NLxMalawi auto is growing slowly due to the temps - and could take off in the coming week -

The Zamaldelica autos are struggling - but still could grow out of that and thrive - with some well needed sunshine 🌞
2024-06-1806.45.181322107484040394289.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
The most effective method against slugs for me was a small glass of beer next to the plants, it was a daily massacre and a bit gore but where I lived there was so much snails and slugs I had to be extreme in my defense mechanisms. Another great one who don't kill them is a round of ashes like you've done with the egg shells, same type of idea the slugs can't go through those materials.
Good luck to you for your balcony grow.It's always a pleasure to grow your own bud:smokeit: