What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Buzzzzd

One quick question for all the Cob Gurus - Does the moisture content have any effect during the cure or is it mostly effective to get the ferment started??? These cobs were fairly dry before the sweat but I'm pretty sure they still had internal moisture waiting. Is it worth the risk of mold to keep it a bit more moist after the sweat or is dryer better???

Tangwena

Veteran
One quick question for all the Cob Gurus - Does the moisture content have any effect during the cure or is it mostly effective to get the ferment started??? These cobs were fairly dry before the sweat but I'm pretty sure they still had internal moisture waiting. Is it worth the risk of mold to keep it a bit more moist after the sweat or is dryer better???
The moisture content after the sweat should be as low as possible similar to jar cured buds.
However moister cobs will cure differently to drier cobs and give a different final product.
I suggest trying differing levels of moisture in each cob to see which you prefer the taste and effects of.
Having a few to play with is the ideal way to find your preferred cure.
love the tech of your home made sweating box man its the best way to standardize your curing, hats off brother.