What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Buzzzzd

It tastes like crap.
Hey T - I am also aflicted with not liking the taste. I like the chew better than smoking as it seems to last longer. I have been putting ground cob into chocolate chips and melting it down and then letting it "soak" for a couple of days at about 50 - 60C in my parabolic heater on sunny days and then pouring into chocolate moulds. I then store in the freezer. I use about 10g of cob to make 30 - 40 chocolates. I'm still experimenting to see if I need to let it soak or not.
The other option I use is a dab or two of butter as I'm chewing - I was also using way too much cob at each chew.
Not sure if this will help you in your quest.
chococob.JPG

Taima-da

They look good 😋.

I'm not sure levels of CBN would be greater in cob as it is harder for light air and moisture to penetrate into the material.

I had not much effect for over a week when first chewing but once I gave up smoking/vaping and "tuned in" to the effect of chewed cob I found I got really good effect with half the dose I'd previously been using. That helps with the taste because the amount required is minimal. And I like the taste anyway.

A mix of green old timer's haze and golden tiger had me literally tripping the other day. No other word for it. Vibrating to the core.

Tangwena

Veteran
FWIW: pics of 2 different cobs 9 months old. I have tried eating a chew a couple times and nothing really. I didn’t try very hard either. It tastes like crap.

I had some 9 month old cobs and 9 month old (same) flower and compared side by side across 3 strains:

Smoking these old Cobs is very nice tho. Very smooth, cooler, less coughy smoke.

The cob effect (smoking) is deeper, calmer, more relaxing than the flower. The cob could be described as more potent than the counterpart flower in 4 out of 4 comparisons. It is not a shocking difference with the cob being 2x or 3x more stonier but there seems to be a headier more sedate difference in all. Maybe there is just more CBN in the cob? The cob flavor is earthier and sweeter than the flower.

Storing the cobs is easier since they are basically sticks. The 9 month old flower is starting to breakdown but still OK from being in a grove bags.

I like the whole cob thing for long term storage. I will be putting up 1/3 to 1/2 of my future harvests into cobs. I recently cob’d some Golden Tiger and Malawi. I look forward to these aging properly and then trying a chew again.
Lovely color there my friend what was it made from?

The chewing side is in my estimation more enjoyable than smoking.
BUT only really works on its own not mixed with smoking or vaping as you build up a tolerance to the effects that makes it hard to feel anything.
I know people who do both but I'm sure they dont get the full effects from the chewing.

Like a lot of ingested drug experiences cleaning or purifying your body is required to lower your tolerance.
Like brother TD mentioned above you do need to stop smoking/vaping to get your mind ready for the the experience.
Once you clean out your system most people find it a very trippy high much longer lasting than smoking ever was.

Only very small amounts are needed to get high an ounce lasts a year or more in my experience.
These days I only grow small 2 foot high plants because the yield of a couple of ounces is enough.
When I smoked I needed half an ounce or more a week and still never got high enough.
Now I can trip as brother TD mentioned any time I want or just get high for the whole day depending on the dose.
1/10 to 1/4 of a gram is enough if I go up to half a gram I'm tripping balls ha ha.

Also mixing small amounts of different cobs can be mind blowing depending on the highs from the two mixed.
Well cured cobs are a smooth powerful smoke but the real joy is in chewing them its another drug altogether.
Plus not as bad for you as smoking as your saliva in your mouth and the acids in your stomach are made for this method of ingestion.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
They look good 😋.

I'm not sure levels of CBN would be greater in cob as it is harder for light air and moisture to penetrate into the material.

I had not much effect for over a week when first chewing but once I gave up smoking/vaping and "tuned in" to the effect of chewed cob I found I got really good effect with half the dose I'd previously been using. That helps with the taste because the amount required is minimal. And I like the taste anyway.

A mix of green old timer's haze and golden tiger had me literally tripping the other day. No other word for it. Vibrating to the core.
Hey brother you have been having fun it seems ha ha.

This last week I have been getting into the fully aged Mulanje Gold cobs I have about 6 different types of flower made into cobs now a year old.
All are powerful but mixing some of my Mulanje and a larger portion of the Mulanje Gold is full on Alice in wonderland tripping at its best.

For anyone reading this thinking no way. I'm talking about tripping on grass not acid they are not the same thing.

I prefer tripping on grass because I love the effects more than acid which is a very different experience.

Yesterday I tried a purple pheno of Mulanje Gold with a top up of my Mulanje total about half a gram.
It started off manic like when your going up on acid, then I had to lay down for about an hour as there were waves of euphoria coming where I couldn't control my body.
So I lay on my bed where I visited all kinds of different worlds. Even revisiting things in my past as if I was really there again.
Some parts were just random crazy experiences but all the while I was thinking "I love this its cleansing for me"
So I would let go and enjoy the ride wherever it took me.

After about an hour it wore off and it was like waking up refreshed after a long sleep. I was still high as a kite for the rest of the day until I went to bed at 9pm and slept the best sleep for a long time.

Last week I was tripping like a maniac ( no lying down ha ha) on some aged Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian but thats another long story ha ha.

Last edited:

CDNINCA

Hi all,

I just want to say that I agree that I find without smoking regularly the cob is magic! Years ago, like others have mentioned here, I could smoke heaps in a day and barely get a buzz. Yes, the weed is more potent today but, anyway... After taking a few years off of getting high - family, etc., and getting back into this, I find myself a true lightweight. I'm thankful that I'm a lightweight. Now 1/10 of a gram and I'm set for a few hours! I really couldn't believe that a small, really small piece of well-cured cob would have that effect, it does!

Yesterday, I got into a Malawi Gold cob that I've had curing for quite a while, and about an hour after letting a piece linger in my mouth for 20 minutes or so, I was more productive in the garden than I thought was possible. Then, I covered about 20 miles/ 32K on my bike and thought I could keep going. Suffice it to say that I'm a convert.

The only "problem" that I have is that I grow as if I'm 20 years old again and need heaps of weed to get through the year. I can't help myself, I love growing these girls! So sharing the bounty is the name of the game these days, and I'm happy to do so!

Speaking of which..., here's this years lineup as of a week or so ago. Some are definitely going to be male and may have to go, but hopefully a few are female! I'm considering trying to cross a few of these so I may keep a promising male or two and see what happens. I've never done any sort of intentional seed production before!

Hey @Tangwena, do any of these look familiar? :) Some of them might!
Vineyard.png

Taima-da

Always grateful for the life changing tek Tang. 🙏
I love pineapple banana bud which is half Mulanje, might have to source another Mulanje line to put over it at some point.

CDNINCA, those young plants are beautiful... Going to make a bunch of top shelf cob by the look of it...😍

Tangwena

Veteran
The only "problem" that I have is that I grow as if I'm 20 years old again and need heaps of weed to get through the year. I can't help myself, I love growing these girls! So sharing the bounty is the name of the game these days, and I'm happy to do so!
Spoken like a true member of the brotherhood brother spreading joy and love wherever you go.
Thats quite a long line of plants, but if I could do it outside thats for sure what I would do too.
You can afford to throw away anything sub standard isn't it?
I'm growing bonsai a fine selection myself for exactly the same reasons ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Always grateful for the life changing tek Tang. 🙏
I love pineapple banana bud which is half Mulanje, might have to source another Mulanje line to put over it at some point.

CDNINCA, those young plants are beautiful... Going to make a bunch of top shelf cob by the look of it...😍
Dont you feel the need to turn others on? Of course I know you do. Thats all I ever did, you had to want to find out for yourself.
If you have the skill, and you have my friend. The rest is all your own doing like riding a rocket into space.

Tangwena

Veteran
I don't remeber if I posted this before. It is a way of curing tobacco in Dominican Republic. It may work with weed, of course in much smaller amounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTZ5PHCrqMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHOhz5RU5Z8
Yes I have seen it before but I never knew of it prior to seeing it.
It seems to have been used all over the world as a way to cure product.
I saw a video from India where the hash shop was selling fat cobs of ganja alongside the hashish.
Old tech they knew what they were doing even way back its been around for ever.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
View attachment 19015742
View attachment 19015743
1. This is thai stick form phonswan make by local farmer 1 month cure.
2. i vacum seal her today. is it going to fermented ?
The effect stirs imagination energy and inspired to work and good mood. long last effect.
Beautiful work. Tied uplike that, there's every chance that it's already fermenting. Does it still have moisture on the inside?, if so, then it'll ferment for sure.

That's going to be killer!

weedebook

Thai stick form phonswan local famer bud with malawi cob style seal and store her at 32-36C After 2 days she became more sticky. and smell change to the old day a little bit. smooth to smoke.
effect is more deep from before. i think maybe in thailand don't have to sweat. after 70-80% dry store in warm place. Thank you all If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

Attachments

• 1718162157471.jpg
    1718162157471.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Thai stick form phonswan local famer bud with malawi cob style seal and store her at 32-36C After 2 days she became more sticky. and smell change to the old day a little bit. smooth to smoke.
effect is more deep from before. i think maybe in thailand don't have to sweat. after 70-80% dry store in warm place. Thank you all If you have any suggestions, please tell me.
The 32 to 36c day temperature would be perfect for slow curing sealed up.
After a couple of weeks open check and dry if sweated then reseal for a month then check again and dry if needed.
Aged for 6 months to a year you can open and check any time just reseal after.
You could get a beautiful cure without even worrying I'm sure.
The secret is in drying as needed you dont need much moisture at all.

Latest posts

Latest posts