What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ilovegrowing

@MrHamilton

I think you dont need to do that. Without a wrapper its much more comfortable to observe the colour changes. If it is purple weed, its more difficult to see them imo and you have to go by nose and feeling/known time schedules.

This is thai x panama, 5 days dry, 36 hours sweat without heat
2A5AF69D-5305-430F-8BF6-752D59912705.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
If I press some bud into tight 1/2“ or 3/4” diameter logs, do I need to wrap them before vacuum sealing? I want to try cobbing some of my recently harvested Purple Zamal A5.
No its not needed just straight into the vacuum bag and as already mentioned by brother @ilovegrowing
Sweating with heat is not needed if its warm even cool it will change but less so and much slower giving a different result but they are all good.
Its just your personal taste.

Cap.420

Aloha Capn and hope your healing well Buzzzzd. Must say Capn those do look nice. You bought them as cobs already? How old do you think they are already. Tell us more por favor.
I didn't buy them as cobs,:LOL: my outdoor cultivation, which unfortunately had to end due to weather conditions, was supposed to bloom for another 2 -3weeks. It hung for 48 hours and after that I started preparing the process. Each cob weighs about 35-40g,purple punch og auto xl from sweet Seeds company :rasta:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I left them in a dark place/fresh air for 12 hours after fermentation, some spices are immediately felt. When I put them back in the vacuum, I see that liquid is still leaking from them.
Does this mean that I should take them out of the vacuum and put them to dry? How long should they be dried?
I concur with brother Tang; they are already very dark, suggesting a good fermentation has already taken place.

If they were mine, id dry them really well, possibly several days, before stealing them to age.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I left them in a dark place/fresh air for 12 hours after fermentation, some spices are immediately felt. When I put them back in the vacuum, I see that liquid is still leaking from them.
Does this mean that I should take them out of the vacuum and put them to dry? How long should they be dried?
Yes, take them out and dry them. How long for?, I'm assuming that they are very dark?, let them dry until the surface of the cob is feeling very dry. Reseal and age, but check again in 2 weeks and if damp, dry again and reseal, check in 2 weeks of you feel it's required.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Good morning to you brother cobnauts.

It's another beautiful morning here in Las Alpujarras,
IMG_20240622_121247.jpg

that has been further enhanced by our medicine...
IMG_20240622_120940.jpg

I have had 300mg of Green haze19 A5 Haze...
IMG_20240622_121023.jpg
now this is some of the strongest dope I've had the pleasure to grow in my life!
I have to be honest, I still enjoy to smoke cob too (mixed with mulien), but trust me brothers, 300mg of this would floor most people.
Mrs DM is a daily cob eater and takes 250mg. 3 days ago she had 250mg of this and did a @Tangwena on me, she was lost in our own house. At times she could not figure out where she was. She was amazed when I was able to walk through the kitchen doorway!; for several minutes she kept looking at it and saying "¿I'm sure that shouldn't be there"
Yes it's strong dope! It's had 7 months in the bag, so will get better yet😍

Mrs DM has taken her regular dose of 250mg, today it's Destroyer#23 x Deep chunk/Tom Hill haze, the seeds are a gift from cousin @el mani , she was harvested on new days day, so is still very young in cobbing terms and will improve greatly by Christmas. Already it is quite trippy with enhanced colour and a good amount of euphoria. I can't detect any indica influence in there; but maybe that's just me....
IMG_20240622_121031.jpg

Today is also micro dose day.
200mg of shrooms (insufficient to feel),that have grown in our garden.

IMG_20240619_194637.jpg

IMG_20240612_191526.jpg

Not actually these very ones, they are in the blue honey (if your not aware of blue honey take a look in my garden https://www.icmag.com/threads/hombre-del-montes-garden.18123341/post-18659306 and if you've never been in my garden before, come in, take a seat in the shade, enjoy the views of the mountains, there's many a sort of cob in there and hopefully a laid back Andulacian attitude. Roll a fat one or munch a big piece of cob; Mrs DM will be back from the bakery in 10mins🙂.).

Have a great weekend brothers! 😍🙏

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
It has to be one of the friendliest threads threads on the forum and perhaps even the web?
Now I know those shrooms are working ha ha.
The KA5 you sent has turned out to be a full blown male!
Is that even possible?
I could be wrong but I have removed it and have it growing outside in the sun.
I should have labeled the plants. I knew where it was growing at first but after removing about half a dozen males and replacing them with fresh seeds I've lost track of whats what ha ha.

Once the flowers develop I will be able to tell whats what by the smell I'm sure.
The Destroyer is female as expected and showing first female preflowers stem rubs show a beautiful sativa aroma I'm looking forward to trying that one and enjoying watching the buds form.

I've been getting into the Mulanje cobs and just getting lost in nature. They are good for working on projects my eye sight is perfect when I'm high on them.
I can understand complex problems and calmly sort them out ha ha. Life is perfect on this gear nothing is a problem ha ha.
All the political problems in the world would be sorted out if everyone was high on that gear believe me.
From your thread I can see you have been surfing the space between realities brother ha ha.
Your a real space cadet brother love it.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena,Can I get an answer to a question that you obviously didn't notice on the prev page :rasta:
Stay high
Sure thing my friend if you mean how long to dry it will depend on how wet it is.
Suffice to say you should dry it until it is able to be smoked without the joint going out all the time.
The cob looks well fermented and needs to stop.

Be careful not to get mold as it dries so dry it in an area with very low humidity.
I would use a dehydrator you know the kind of machine where you dry fruit ect, on the lowest setting.
They are very cheap on ebay and can be very useful if you need to dry anything on cool or humid days.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Now I know those shrooms are working ha ha.
The KA5 you sent has turned out to be a full blown male!
Is that even possible?
I could be wrong but I have removed it and have it growing outside in the sun.
I should have labeled the plants. I knew where it was growing at first but after removing about half a dozen males and replacing them with fresh seeds I've lost track of whats what ha ha.

Once the flowers develop I will be able to tell whats what by the smell I'm sure.
The Destroyer is female as expected and showing first female preflowers stem rubs show a beautiful sativa aroma I'm looking forward to trying that one and enjoying watching the buds form.

I've been getting into the Mulanje cobs and just getting lost in nature. They are good for working on projects my eye sight is perfect when I'm high on them.
I can understand complex problems and calmly sort them out ha ha. Life is perfect on this gear nothing is a problem ha ha.
All the political problems in the world would be sorted out if everyone was high on that gear believe me.
From your thread I can see you have been surfing the space between realities brother ha ha.
Your a real space cadet brother love it.
!A male, no. Man I'm so sorry. It's was a female seed, from Ace.
I guess it happens, Or your getting old and have lost the plot (I believe we're the same age, so I won't be far behind you😂).
Let's hope your mistaken.

This afternoon, I have planted the last of the KA5H seed. Fingers crossed it does as it should.🔥

Tangwena

Veteran
!A male, no. Man I'm so sorry. It's was a female seed, from Ace.
I guess it happens, Or your getting old and have lost the plot (I believe we're the same age, so I won't be far behind you😂).
Let's hope your mistaken.

This afternoon, I have planted the last of the KA5H seed. Fingers crossed it does as it should.🔥
I'm probably wrong I've had so many seeds germinating from past grows that fell off the plants ha ha.
I use coco and re use the same soil every time.
I just flush it out and its good to go again ha ha complete with any seeds from the previous grow.

I have a Colombian Gold x Demon latcher that was pollinated by a male Mulanje growing from seed that was in the soil already.
Its the biggest plant in the box and smells out of this world the Mulanje smell is in there but with a beautiful incense like aroma its unreal.

img_3774-web.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena, have you tried cobbing the unwanted males?
No I have them to collect pollen from and they dont have much foliage just a few leaves and lots of flowers.
I only ever use buds from the best plants you get out what you put in so I only use the best buds.
I actually regularly throw cobs in the trash if they dont meet the standard I only want the best.