What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Taima-da

Those over fermented ones look like you should send them to me in the name of science.😂

Just let them be, open in a cool dark dry place for, i dunno, one/two/three weeks or so, then seal em up. Check again in a fortnight or a month and dry a bit further should it be necessary. Repeat until they always just look, feel and smell the same and seal them until you require. There is some good ganja in them by the look of it and I don't think it's gone too far.

It might not smell or taste quite the way you want but I reckon it'll work Real Good.

Last edited:

Onboard

Thank you brother @Taima-da!
You are spot on, and in fact these are still some of my best cobs ever!
They still smell and taste amazing, and only a coupe got a minor pickle tone.

Oh, and maybe one more while we at it, no?

Pineapple Bananabud from @vermontman
IMG_4681.jpeg

Of course, I still play around with some more sativa hybrids, only it is a bit of a learning curve still. This one is a step in the right direction though.
Tropical gas, and a lovely warm sativa quality, full on and long lastning, but without any anxiety almost. Jarred up, waiting to be compressed.

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 9

Onboard

View attachment 19022846

Jeesus brother those look perfect to me absolutely lovely pucks.
They would be an awesome smoke I'm sure and dont even mention a fantastic chew.
I would love to hear your impression of the Banana Bud as well.
Those buds look the business alright.
Wow thank you so much, Ras Tangwena! :smoke:

Oh yes I get so bogged down in details sometimes, that I forget to paint the big picture properly. I couldn’t be happier with them, and they do taste awesome, and (almost) smoke on point too.

Had a bit of struggle before I could keep any plants happy, after switching leds and trying to go organic in one go. Which was not the best idea but, oh well.

But now, with a bit of resin onboard in the flower, cobbing has become much more fun again!
Edit: Sure I be happy to tell you all about my journey with the Pineapple Bananabud, although she has been the hardest to dial in for me.
Edit again: now the PPB 4 is on my avatar, pic taken on day 59 of 11/13.

Last edited:

Onboard

Hi again,
Thank you @Tangwena, and everybody for the warm welcome and support!
And for making this thread such an oasis of love, wisdom, general sanity, and good fun. All in one place!

Scrolling through my phone, here are the previously shown Sowahh cob, which was started too wet. It black in just three days without sweat. (And turned out though to dry properly.)
IMG_3609.jpeg

And also the tools of the trade for my puck pressing:
The tube of a cling film roll, with a cork stopper in one end. A table leg for the stomper, and baking cups (for muffins?) for the wrappers.
I like the puck format because it packs ok, and allows a good size label on them. And the baking cups saves all that cutting of parchment paper pieces, which was getting on my nerves. Almost perfect if you are cobbing small amounts, about 10-15 g per puck.
Ok talk to you later,
Greetings

Attachments

• IMG_3609.jpeg
    IMG_3609.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Cap.420

IMG_5181.jpeg IMG_5180.jpeg IMG_5179.jpeg
finally everything went as it should (y) :cool:, now I know what I did wrong the first time I made cobs, but now I'm even happier because I had a new experience. :greenstars:I can tell you that without a dehydrator there is no way I would have done the drying(Cobs Are so fat :canabis:) thank you all for your advice and quick help because if I waited few days I'm afraid that the mold would have fucked me up. everything turned out great like this. I'll get back to you with pictures in 2-3 months.

stay healthy and high:rasta:

Tangwena

Veteran
The last 2 days I have been tasting some of the 12 months plus Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher cobs from seeds gifted by @SolarLogos.

I know I thanked you already brother but these cobs are truly spectacular.
The highs are powerfully euphoric clear and trippy some of the best highs I have ever experienced brother.
Here are some pics of the purple calyx pheno I tried today, crystal clear euphoric energy the bestest clearest high I have had in years.
The buds and cob before curing.

img_2283-web-web.jpg
img_2413-web-web.jpg
img_2415-web-web.jpg
img_2478-web-web.jpg

Baba Karuna

Great to see all the beautiful cobs 😍 I am grateful to have many pages to catch up on 🥰

Got into some 8 month Senegalese Cob today. Earthy and very sweet with a strong scent of herbal passion fruit 😋 Soaring, Stoney, uplifting, and extremely potent 😵‍💫

🪷Jai Maa🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpeg
    IMG_7711.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7712.jpeg
    IMG_7712.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7714.jpeg