What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
If it were 30 or 40 years ago, you could stand outside in the parking lot or on the sidewalk at a Dead show with a finger raised, or even a small sign on a piece of paper or cardboard, or what ever, and someone would eventually liikely come along and meet your needs/desires in time.

Gone are those days for the most part. But maybe some place out there, at some show, or park, or.... ??, there's still someone able to see your plea, and maybe even just deliver for you for effect... to see your reaction.

I still have an unused spore syringe or 2 in the fridge (haven't lit up my semi-automated aquariums in years now), and a sealed frozen (long term) 1/4-oz. of what were some very good 'John Allen' strain psilocybin in the freezer. But I'm kinda' saving those for a circumstance in analogy to Hunter S. Thompson's final moments in Saigon, when he had a tab of acid taped to the back of his press badge, and the NVA (with armor) were a few miles down the road, with him being one of the last reporters (allegedly) to still be there, and he said, "In case things got erally weird." Or something to that effect.

Hope you find your 'shrooms, Doober. Though the last few times I ate them, a number of years ago, I was up in a tree stand, moose hunting, in the bush, and all 3 trips in a row ended up being self-analysis, introspection, self-confrontation trips, and I gained a different perspective on 'shrooms as a recreational thing. It wasn't all that recreational.

Good luck.
Thanks @moose eater 👍 I can get a spore syringe online for like $10 but I can't do the whole grow where I am. Last time I did mushrooms I just got really relaxed and laughed a lot. Never got really zooted but was intense still. I guess it's not a priority but thought it'd be cool on a boring lonely day. Watching Highlander 4 or some crap

moose eater

Thanks @moose eater 👍 I can get a spore syringe online for like $10 but I can't do the whole grow where I am. Last time I did mushrooms I just got really relaxed and laughed a lot. Never got really zooted but was intense still. I guess it's not a priority but thought it'd be cool on a boring lonely day. Watching Highlander 4 or some crap
I'd never had a really uncomfortable trip on any hallucinogens until those several days in a row, and I've tripped hundreds of times on acid alone. aside from peyote, mushrooms, etc.. But I did then. Helpful, but not fun.

Since then, and in light of other things in life that are 'in motion', I've been more reluctant, whether with mushrooms, acid, or whatever, waiting for a more suitable time in the sense of things.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

What makes you think that you can't grow a full cycle in your digs?

I understand that you are in a delicate living situation but I have pulled off really stealthy grows of personal cubes in very extenuating circumstances....

Perhaps I could be of assistance??

moose eater

What makes you think that you can't grow a full cycle in your digs?

I understand that you are in a delicate living situation but I have pulled off really stealthy grows of personal cubes in very extenuating circumstances....

Perhaps I could be of assistance??
A single 10-gallon aquarium, a handful of half-pint mason jars, a pressure cooker, some brown rice flour and a little bit of lime and vermiculite, a small fluorescent light, a bit of modification to the manufactured lid, with an internal atomizer 'lid' inside at an angle, a cheap battery acid type (clean) turkey baster, and a cheap mister/sprayer, some bleach for initial sterilizing of the chamber, and (unless I left something out) voila! Shrooms! Quick. Low cost both to start up and to maintain. Limited heat from the lamp. No odor. Fits in a reasonably size cupboard or closet shelf if need be. And, sometimes, not a bad source of extra cash..

moose eater

I've stuck with John Allen strain, B+, the original PF strain, Cambodian, and a couple others over the years.
Best source I know of (and assume they're still around), strictly for study purposes, is Ralphster's.
Routinely gives free coupons for free syringes, especially if there's a problem. Still have a freebie coupon here.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've also got B+ and Chitwan, and just yesterday started a PF tek. The spore prints are getting old but I've had success with couple of year old prints before. I also collected my own spore print from a tropical area in Australia a couple of hours drive from where I live but so far haven't tried it.

Had a trip on New Years Eve and we all really enjoyed it. One of those laughter trips for a change.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
B+ ive done those once too. I was reading a science article years ago that said all the species pretty much have the same potency? Hardly seems possible

The saying used to be "a cube is a cube is a cube" so I suppose that it could be said that within the species potency doesn't vary.

Species to species is a different story....

I guarantee cyanescens are more potent than cubenisis.

audiohi

Veteran
enigma is an extra potent and unique cubensis

3.00-3.82% tryptamine compared to average 0.6-0.8%

34b9ff_3c41b590941b40148c2d7b7b8a25c029~mv2.jpg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

The saying used to be "a cube is a cube is a cube" so I suppose that it could be said that within the species potency doesn't vary.

Then i shall avoid those. A little goes very far with me. I made tea with a few golden caps and went down a rabbit hole from hell for 3 hours, There just fun to grow. makes great gifts too

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

I think that must have been what we got in late 1970's from those that toured with the dead. One gram and I was tripping.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

Psychedelic medicine advocates launch PAC to lobby lawmakers​

PAC hopes to seize on shifting attitudes toward LSD, psilocybin, other substances

Graffiti with alcohol and drugs themes is seen inside the Corral Canyon Cave in Malibu, Calif., on Friday, May 6, 2016.  Fans of the band who have marked up a scenic cave on the California coast with psychedelic graffiti will have to find another place to spray out their love for frontman Jim Morrison. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes) **FILE**
Graffiti with alcohol and drugs themes is seen inside the Corral Canyon Cave in Malibu, Calif., on Friday, May 6, 2016. Fans of the band who have marked up a scenic cave on the California coast with psychedelic graffiti will … more >

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times -
Monday, March 20, 2023

Advocates for using psychedelic drugs to treat addiction, depression and other problems formed a political action committee on Monday to make their case to Congress.
The Psychedelic Medicine PAC hopes a groundswell of new research and relaxed attitudes toward drugs like LSD, mushrooms (psilocybin) and MDMA will lead to policy changes, such as decriminalization and legal pathways for clinical trials.
“With the growing evidence of therapeutic benefits from psychedelics, we believe it is time for the American people to take action into their own hands by electing leaders that support policies that expand access to these life-changing treatments,” said Melissa Lavasani, the co-founder, president and CEO of the PAC.

For years, psychedelic drugs were linked to the counterculture of the 1960s and elicited negative connotations around bad trips or frantic behavior.

Attitudes are shifting, as researchers launch clinical trials to see if the drugs can be effective in treating severe post-traumatic stress disorder, major depressive order and possibly alcoholism or cigarette use.

The PAC is highlighting movement in the states and Congress, including a bipartisan bill from Sens. Cory Booker, New Jersey Democrat, and Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, that would give regulators a pathway for moving highly restricted, yet medically promising, drugs on Schedule I to Schedule II so that researchers can study them without fear of punishment.

“Certain Schedule I substances such as MDMA and psilocybin could offer major advancements in the treatment of depression, severe post-traumatic stress disorder, and addiction,” Mr. Booker said this month. “This bill will eliminate unreasonably burdensome rules and regulations that delay or prevent researchers from studying these breakthrough mental health treatments and will provide access to these promising therapies for eligible patients who urgently need care.”

Also this month, city leaders in Ferndale, Michigan, passed a resolution that says arresting and prosecuting persons for using psilocybin mushrooms and other natural psychedelics should be “the lowest law enforcement priority” for city law enforcement.

“These medicines can help those struggling with PTSD, addiction, anxiety, and depression, among other ailments — and should be recognized as such, especially by our policymakers,” said Ryan Rodgers, executive director and co-founder of the new PAC.

h.h.

Veteran
I put the lime in the coconut and mixed it all up. Then I read the instructions…
I didn’t read the first part about inoculating the grain.
I mixed the grain with the substrate without inoculating.
I ordered more grain, but can the substrate still be used containing the extra grain?

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I've stuck with John Allen strain, B+, the original PF strain, Cambodian, and a couple others over the years.
Best source I know of (and assume they're still around), strictly for study purposes, is Ralphster's.
Routinely gives free coupons for free syringes, especially if there's a problem. Still have a freebie coupon here.
+1 for Ralphsters. I need to order up some Cambodian as I've heard it is good,as well as fast to cycle. Looking forward to the day that folks can openly share genetics in Liquid Culture form etc.