What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Leetdood's growing struggles

leetdood

Another update on Pretzel Tahoe. Adjusted her a little, not a lot, she's doing fine for now.

20241006_152902.jpg

leetdood

Continuing watering

HiRo#7 I believe this is tk leaner, she burns up easy. Lowered to something like 3 ec, give or take, by feeding to excess. I am still using 60% strength feed unless stated otherwise.

Tahoe Jr likewise. She's looking good. Not sure if she can be up potted before flower but we will see.

Checking flower tent soon, may be able to take pics :)

I likely messed up by putting the clones under the 100w, it's too much for unrooted cuttings. Need to see what clones need to be re taken. I have had clones fail before though, you just take more and try and spare more time for it. As I am making tons of progress I definitely will have much more attention and time to spare on the clone trays. Shall put them under gentle lighting instead of the 100w. My mistake, I forgot about light intensity and excess humidity etc.

Things are progressing well in general. I just continue to take bite sized chunks of work when I can. My adhd medication (concerta) helps me complete tasks consistently but it's not a magic bullet. My autism and depression (the depression is much better though) can make me feel very anxious and overwhelmed if everything isn't going perfectly, on top of my upbringing. So the worse things get or the more I work without visible results, the more overwhelmed I get.

One huge coping method that worked for this was to simply complete the most immediate tasks in manageable chunks. I actually think someone called this "chunking"? But for example, if I need to fill a bucket or mix feed, then I do that and see how much I can do, then take a break. Then I focus on what's left like, if I filled 3 buckets of water at 9am maybe at 930 or 945, because I'm not a morning person (hehe) I can mix feed into those buckets, then if I am up to it wander around and see what needs watering or attention. Sometimes I see things that need cleaning or moving, and spare the time to do that. Then again, I sit down and smoke and take a break then 1015 or something I go and water the plants I've collected near my watering station. If there's time or energy to spare, I can cut the plant back and removed any damaged foliage. With the pest issues, I remove dead leaves as soon as I can to be disposed of. No human being can realistically have total 100% output of productivity, especially with people with needs (job, bills, children, etc) or disabilities (autism, mobility like back or wheelchair, tendinitis, etc) or anything like that. So I work on improving my self care and my daily routine to remain productive and improve things where possible. I also document all this to help myself and others, to see where problems appear and how they can be attacked, delayed, avoided, or worsened. Etc.

Overcoming years of depression is a huge task, but every person and grower has their own challenges. After all, an abundance of resources does not make you happy. A change of mindset and overcoming your fears and challenges does.

💚

leetdood

20241006_215856.jpg

20241006_220023.jpg

20241006_220244.jpg

Day 28 flower (25 for HiRo#4)
As24, hiro4, gmo in that order. 3.5, 3.5, 3.1 ec runoff. HiRo4 was fed to excess.

HiRo4 likely was up potted to too large of a pot so it's not really taking off IMO. Remains to be seen but that's my initial thoughts. Took a bunch of larfy growth off.

As24 pretty decent of a plant. Let's see how an exceptional run does.

Most excited about sherb really.