What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I need a confirmation

solcanario

Hi guys!

Thanks for your opions....
2 weeks after the original post, I came to the following conclusion.

-The strain of the plant I'm growing (N frutti, Karma genetics) is particularly needy, compared to other strain that are currently growing togheter. I have been using the same method of watering/ferts since I have switched to BAC organics and never had any issue before, and the other plants are doing fine, no sign of defiency or anything else
-There are no bugs and no PM, that is a fact! I use a combo of differents products to keep them free of bugs or fungis. I have checked one more time and it's all good. The dots you may see in pictures are nothing else than soil or dust. 100%
-The main issue here, I believe to be the Ph. I was relying to old measurements and apparently is a bit different now, since I've changed RO water filters.
The new test shows that original Ph of water is around 8,4 but after all nutes are in, it drops to 5,5.
I believe this is the main issue here.

Is it normal that Ph drops so much after nutes are in?
I'm now trying to divide all the different ferts and additives in many different watering days, in order to mantain the water Ph around 6,5.
It's a new problem i never had before, normally whenever I checked the Ph it was between 6 to 6.6 so I wasn't really worried about it...

another thing....the red stems....this is something that I had often in the past but never really worried too much. Do you believe is some indicator of wrong doing?

Any advice on how to improve is really welcome...thanks again!!!

Thanks again

Rocket Soul

Im more surprised re your RO water being 8.4; generally it should just be 7 as that would mean no salts inside and no H+ or OH- ions.

Red stems : anthocyanin accumulations, its a protective photo pigment often related to high irradiation response : too much light with too little heat. But its also a general plant isnt happy sign.

It may be a plant/strain which isnt very happy with growing under leds. Normally with leds i would rec a hydro type solution where you can measure input and runoff EC cause many times you need to adjust nutes based on how the grow develops. Organics are less easy to do this with.