What's new

LED FAQ) Building and DIY

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Does anyone know of discount codes for a supplier that sells Vero 29 kits?

bpwilly

If I remember right, I think Growmau5 has a discount available via Northern lights, but I can not swear to it.

I think the discount code was just "growmau5"

Loc Dog

Veteran
What kind of safety glasses should be used around Vero 29 Gen 7's?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Quick question, I got a driver here that is Constant Voltage and not Constant Current, would this work to power 2 leds in parallel?

Thanks in advance! Peace!

CalMag

Veteran
I couldn't find again this thread.. now i foundt it

So, i've foundt this vero 29's gen 7 SE:

BXRC-30E10K0-C-7X-SE

They run at around 69v

HLG-320h-700b

With this driver i could drive 6 of them @53w

So 12 of theese and 2 drivers will be good for a 4x4ft (1.2x1.2m)

Is the math right? The alternative could be cxb3590 3500 DB 80 Cri, but it would be more expensive..

Loc Dog

Veteran
I couldn't find again this thread.. now i foundt it

So, i've foundt this vero 29's gen 7 SE:

BXRC-30E10K0-C-7X-SE

They run at around 69v

HLG-320h-700b

With this driver i could drive 6 of them @53w

So 12 of theese and 2 drivers will be good for a 4x4ft (1.2x1.2m)

Is the math right? The alternative could be cxb3590 3500 DB 80 Cri, but it would be more expensive..

I am running them at 110 watts each. They claim they will last for years at the wattage. I would figure in a few years they will be dirtt cheap, so not that concerned in longevity. 1000 DE HPS bulbs are like $150, and need to be replaced twice a year.

I am running 10 at that wattage in a 4 X 8 tent. Will post pictures in a few days. Some of the plants are cranking, at just 2 weeks into flower.

Dion

Sup peeps?!? It's been a minute

Sup peeps?!? It's been a minute

:thank you: to every1 who has continued to help ppl on this thread.

My apologies for the general shitty attitude of late and sincere appreciation to the mods for their continued hard work here.

Keep up tge good work growers

:tiphat:

Jeeyah

Welcome

Welcome

My apologies for the general shitty attitude of late and sincere appreciation to the mods for their continued hard work here.

What up?

Hope all is well. Good luck with your harvests.

Koondense

Veteran
Anyone lightning a 5x3 tent?

I'm thinking of 600W but gotta choose which way to go for, options are 8x Gen7@75W or 6x Gen7@100W.
Probably two HLG320s or maybe three HLG185s(240s) for the 6 cob way.

Which would you pick?

Firstly, thanks to all that have participated in this thread, its an amazing resource for someone like myself considering changing over to cobs...

Im looking to grab one of these kits http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2993
though admit the biníng and temps is a bit past my understanding, as much as I have tried to research, I am still kinda lost. Any of the more savy members able to set me straight?

3000k BD Bin 90cri or 3500k CD Bin

there is also 3500k DB bin which is out of stock, would it be worth contacting them to possibly wait on more stock?

Im currently running a 1m x1m footprint under a marsii 900. Anyone able to advise me here, and possibly educate me on why?

Dion

Anyone lightning a 5x3 tent?

I'm thinking of 600W but gotta choose which way to go for, options are 8x Gen7@75W or 6x Gen7@100W.
Probably two HLG320s or maybe three HLG185s(240s) for the 6 cob way.

Which would you pick?

I like the vero for running paralel so u can add on more as the budget allows, but considering the cost of heatsinks to run at 100w(assuming passive) probably cheaper to go with 8 chips

id go with a single driver(unless u want to be able to dim particular areas down/up then ofcourse teh smaller drivers.

also if paralel im going with the A version for that extra 15 watts or whatever, just coz im cheap like that

but actually im exploring DC-DC drivers now :tiphat:

jikko77

hey!!! <3

Nice to see you back!

Koondense

Veteran
Dion, I'm a fan of active cooling(pun intended! ) , the arctic 64plus is my cooler of choice.
Considering the price of Vero gen7(22$) there's little limiting to put together a good setup. More is better so who knows what will I come up with :)

Cheers

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
its been years since i was researching my own build in this thread, whats changed since mid 2015?
I see vero gen7 are hot right now, is it still ~500 for a decent 4 cob diy rig?(cxa3590 ca 2015 pricing)
whats the hot kit now?
passive flower sinks, vero's, chinese drivers?
whos built a 4+ high power cob rig setup recently?
i was on digikey and saw some 150$ megachip from citizen was like wtf 36kL at 150~ W AND A 2-4 AMP DRAW - thats crackpipe shit
can anyone tell me have they replaced their 1k hps with these yet?

Seshwan

Hi all,

I am looking to build my own COB light for a PC case. Dimensions are roughly 40cm x40cm x20cm (HxLxW)

Can anyone help me to work out how many COB's I would need for this small space as a start off so I can start to work out what parts I will need?

Thanks in advance!