What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

Drop That Sound

They're trying to use one single beam that is then diffused to spread the light over the canopy. With the main benefit of having a longer life over LED diodes.. and maybe sending it though fiber optic cables to other grow chambers, etc. You need more headroom, so probably not even practical for most home growers. I been waiting to see some kind of extra sophisticated laser horticulture light prototype, but all these startup companies never seem to deliver. Just talk about how good it is, and show a few pictures, lol.

I propose keeping the laser as a more powerful beam (without losing output through the diffuser), and using it to scan over the plant canopy as fast as the specialized laser projector can work. Using special AI mapping software with a small camera built right into the same fixture that detects movement (and green colors) in the leaves from above, so it only projects the beam down and across those areas. Or you could have mirrors and be able to get your side lighting that way, and add more dimension. Scanning over the plant canopy so fast and at such a high frequency you don't even notice the lines, even though its a bigger heavier more powerful laser than in most media laser projectors on the market put out.

If you only had a few tiny plants to start with, the camera would detect them, and it would map them out on the fly and only project the beam over them and not waste anything. As they grow, they are constantly being analyzed and remapped so the laser only projects to what is currently there. Even if you train or move branches around the trellis, it will re update every few minutes or so, depending on whatever thresholds you set in the program to save on energy and whatnot.

Rocket Soul

Can I get some like, for the idea of giving one of our top guys his Veteran badge?
Its like a bunch here been to 'Nam since they got the vet badge rolled out. My account was reset recently so i think i might have to wait some years more, though i think theres some emails from ICmag from years back. Still no nam for me cause in -14 i wasnt even in this game, not even with my pinky toe:ROFLMAO:
Props to both you and Delta-fader
Edit : oh i thought youd done the legg work already, can this be sorted out by tagging @Gypsy Nirvana - Greyfader / Delta9 should be considered for the veteran badge, hes been here since 2006 apparently

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
1717750028812.png
I'd like to address this when I have more time, but I will leave you with two questions:

What is sunlight? If you can answer that, then we can go somewhere with it. What you (and Mass) have posted is sunlight at a certain time, on a certain day, in a certain month, in a certain location under certain weather conditions.

If I go outside right now and measure MY sunlight, it's not the same.

The second question is: do you plan to change your lights every minute of every hour of every cycle to mimic what the sun is doing outside at different times?

The Infrared light in that Mass Metal Halide bulb makes up about a third of its entire output – and that doesn't include the amount of Far Red from 700-800nm. That is a huge waste of energy. If I was going to use MH for the IR and UV, then I would mix it with a high-red LED to get the balance right.

I will say that "MH" spectrum looks suspiciously like a CMH spectrum, so I do wonder what is going on with Mass Metal Halide.

Here is what a typical 1000W MH spectrum looks like:

1717749849391.png

And here is a 1000W CMH for reference. CMH is actually very "sunlike" when you look at it.
1717749913736.png

I Care

I like some of the old guest posts I see here in old threads.
It was kind of a third eye effort to find this doorway of information.
There’s the a good shit, and then there’s bullshit. Nothing but good shit here, good stuff growing challenging methods and like 1000s years of combined experience I can find around here.

gmanwho

Veteran
View attachment 19014317 I'd like to address this when I have more time, but I will leave you with two questions:

What is sunlight? If you can answer that, then we can go somewhere with it. What you (and Mass) have posted is sunlight at a certain time, on a certain day, in a certain month, in a certain location under certain weather conditions.

The second question is: do you plan to change your lights every minute of every hour of every cycle to mimic what the sun is doing outside at different times?

The Infrared light in that Mass Metal Halide bulb makes up about a third of its entire output – and that doesn't include the amount of Far Red from 700-800nm. That is a huge waste of energy. If I was going to use MH for the IR and UV, then I would mix it with a high-red LED to get the balance right.

I will say that "MH" spectrum looks suspiciously like a CMH spectrum, so I do wonder what is going on with Mass Metal Halide.

View attachment 19014315

And here is a 1000W CMH for reference. CMH is actually very "sunlike" when you look at it.
View attachment 19014316

An in some cases we can also add altitude as a variable factor to sunlight as well

420empire

Veteran
View attachment 19014317 I'd like to address this when I have more time, but I will leave you with two questions:

View attachment 19014315

View attachment 19014316
Indeed the CMH is really looking close to the sun is it the 3000 k or the 4000 k bulb. But what would u choose besiddes aussie light LED ;) some still use mh/cmh/hps in coolder times.
Fyi massmedical insta is goin hot , and it's not only in a positive way, People seems tired of his light "bashing talk"...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rgd

Latest posts

Latest posts