What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED AFTERGLOW

Absorber

Well HJ.. you have me twitching. 'Lift the ground pin'? 'borrowed leg'? 'two switches'? 'ground neutral'?
You're killin' me (but thanks).. I have little idea what those terms mean. How to correct them? No idea.
We're dealing with hurricane Milton aftermath and now have an electrical anomaly. Great.
You sound like an electrically educated person: I took an existing 30amp service in my garage and split into 2, 15 amp services for my grow room/tent. Would that be a logical place to look for correction?
Additionally, 2 small LEDs I use for just lighting the room, continue to glow too, that are on original household electricity circuit. Please, give me just a little direction (if it's possible). Thanks again for the incite.
Take a light from the garage and plug it into a different power supply in house or better still at another house if possible and that will rule out a problem with shed wiring .
Rather than chasing your tail thinking its the shed wiring

4maggio

Take a light from the garage and plug it into a different power supply in house or better still at another house if possible and that will rule out a problem with shed wiring .
Rather than chasing your tail thinking its the shed wiring
I will try the household circuit idea today. Can't get it to another house to try.. Thanks for the suggestion.

Absorber

Well thanks for the advise. I tried it every combination ... Afterglow is going to be there.
I'll remember to get back after harvest.. early December
Well you know its not your wiring ,id be contacting the supplier . The light is useless unless you are growing autos .

Ca++

No problem ,im a sparky by trade happy to help if i can 👍
It's always the EU guys, with the plug turned through 180 degree's. All this deep dive cable capacitance talk is nonsensed by the fact all 3 cores are tied by actual capacitors anyway. Part of the common mode choke at the drivers input.
What they need is a cheap ass contactor, that are really relays, swapping out for a double pole. Or a real contactor used, with both L&N switched. Then they get a proper full disconnect.
I reckon they would sell, but only with EU plugs.

Absorber

It's always the EU guys, with the plug turned through 180 degree's. All this deep dive cable capacitance talk is nonsensed by the fact all 3 cores are tied by actual capacitors anyway. Part of the common mode choke at the drivers input.
What they need is a cheap ass contactor, that are really relays, swapping out for a double pole. Or a real contactor used, with both L&N switched. Then they get a proper full disconnect.
I reckon they would sell, but only with EU plugs.
I brought two brand new 1000w phlizon lights and both did the same thing out of the box after contacting them and a few back and forward conversations they sent 2 replacement drivers 1 for each fitting (fittings had 3 drivers in each) i replaced the faulty drivers and the problem was rectified .
Yes putting a contactor on the supply will work but it doesnt address the fault with the light you pay good money for .😉🙂

Ca++

I guess I could help out, but it's not cheap, making the cheap stuff. It becomes uneconomical. Especially if you can get support from the manufacturer, for free.

I used to make boxes for 16 lights. Non ever failed, to this day. The boards people buy now are not fit for purpose, with exposed switchgear. Usually needing to be hard wired in, but with no cable support offered. Often using a bit of flex to the timer, which might be protected by a fuse that just laughs at it. Junk, the lot of it.
I made water proof boxes that just plug in. I have no idea what these people are thinking, making big wooden boards that need an electrician.

I stopped before LEDs came around. I actually have no idea how hard they are to switch. Nothing like the HIDs I'm sure. Do we even need contactors anymore? I use them out of habit, but it would be interesting to hear what people are switching, with basic plug-in timers. More than 600w I'm sure.

Absorber

I stopped before LEDs came around. I actually have no idea how hard they are to switch. Nothing like the HIDs I'm sure. Do we even need contactors anymore? I use them out of habit, but it would be interesting to hear what people are switching, with basic plug-in timers. More than 600w I'm sure.
I think most use a controller and the data cable and if theres more than 1 light they daisy link the light control (data cable) .
Thats the way i run mine plugged into power 24/7 and controlled via controller (dimming ,sunset features, etc)

Latest posts

Latest posts