What's new

Lebanese

Old Piney

Here's a picture of one of two Acs Lebanese I have growing at 40 degrees north in New Jersey. It's pictured here on August 28 ,this one is a little more advanced than the other , she is still going and just about done. I'll take some new photos at harvest .
1726141070769.png

acespicoli

Looks like North Atlantic is short on Leb, while they are stocking an incredible diversity of Ace Seed currently at 81 items which in and of itself is very impressive :love: Dubi has been keeping very busy with the work.

Here's a picture of one of two Acs Lebanese I have growing at 40 degrees north in New Jersey. It's pictured here on August 28 ,this one is a little more advanced than the other , she is still going and just about done. I'll take some new photos at harvest . View attachment 19065053
Your right up the street from me its getting to be that time around here :smokeit:
They look nice Old Piney :huggg:

Probiomer

I have a spot with 4 weeks delayed flowering on photoperiod plants because of streetlights. Could the lebanese work it that spot?

I guess they would also have delayed flowering but i could trigger flowering by letting them get rootbound.
(If its true that the shortening of the daylength itself rather than the night-length triggers flowering, there should be no delay)
Are there any alternatives to trigger flowering? I would prefer to plant them in ground.

Does anyone have experience with semi-autos and light pollution?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely @Old Piney :) thanks for sharing your outdoor Lebanese. Looks from her like a high yielding, tall, longer flowering sativa (NLD) type, such types can reflower and finish first week of October at 33ºN, probably 1 week later at your latitude. How would you describe her terpene profile ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have a spot with 4 weeks delayed flowering on photoperiod plants because of streetlights. Could the lebanese work it that spot?

I guess they would also have delayed flowering but i could trigger flowering by letting them get rootbound.
(If its true that the shortening of the daylength itself rather than the night-length triggers flowering, there should be no delay)
Are there any alternatives to trigger flowering? I would prefer to plant them in ground.

Does anyone have experience with semi-autos and light pollution?

Welcome to this room @Probiomer that's an interesting question.

Lebanese was tested before its release also in a terrace with light contamination from the house and street, yet all the Lebeneses started flowering early on in July as should be. So yes, it would much work much better under light contamination with such type of semi autos like Lebanese and ErdPurt. Of course, also with fully autoflowering genetics like Auto Malawi x NL or Auto Zamaldelica.

Old Uncle Ben

Welcome to this room @Probiomer that's an interesting question.

Lebanese was tested before its release also in a terrace with light contamination from the house and street, yet all the Lebeneses started flowering early on in July as should be. So yes, it would much work much better under light contamination with such type of semi autos like Lebanese and ErdPurt. Of course, also with fully autoflowering genetics like Auto Malawi x NL or Auto Zamaldelica.

Hi @dubi, just put in an order for the Auto Zamaldelica yesterday via Mandala. Curious, did you add in rudy, ruderalis to get the auto? Your description of the potency and effects are compelling. Am in Texas, is it true I can grow this thing around the summer solstice and in spite of really long days outdoors it will auto flower? Thinking about going with bottomless RootBuilder pots outdoors. I grow large tropical fruit trees in them in a large greenhouse. Only way to go. I buy the roll and make my own. https://myrootmaker.com/collections/rootbuilder®-ii-kits

Edit - just read the description on your Lebanese with the note of it needing a large pot based on growing profile, etec. Highly recommend root pruning systems so you can create a super fibrous root system in a smaller pot. I just made a batch of Griffin's Spin-Out, a knockoff, to paint the inside of conventional pots. It's nothing more than a free flowing form of copper hydroxide powder stirred into a latex paint.

FWIW am growing out your GT X Panama. Down to one seedling after a bout with pythium rot and then when I did get some seedlings, whiteflies. Have them under control. Topped it today to get 4 main colas in the end, mah trademark. :) Has had very little vigor so I kicked up the photoperiod from the outdoors (greenhouse) 12/12 now to 16/8 under LED's. Will flip when I have the height I'm looking for. Partial grow outdoors, maybe in the ground.

Thanks for your time,
Ben

Last edited:

Old Piney

Lovely @Old Piney :) thanks for sharing your outdoor Lebanese. Looks from her like a high yielding, tall, longer flowering sativa (NLD) type, such types can reflower and finish first week of October at 33ºN, probably 1 week later at your latitude. How would you describe her terpene profile ?
Yes they just keep going this one pictured has a sweet scent a bit like vanilla with a touch of mint , the other girl isn't that strong yet.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dear @Old Uncle Ben thanks for your support :) much appreciated.
Happy to hear that Auto Zamaldelica seeds are on their way and that you're growing Golden Tiger x Panama at the moment. Please keep us updated in the strain thread.

When breeding fully autoflowering strains, it's essential to fully stabilize the autoflowering traits, which originally come from ruderalis landraces. Although modern autoflowering lines are fully autoflowering, they are genetically distant from ruderalis in other traits. The process of creating an autoflowering strain is explained in this post:

https://www.icmag.com/threads/auto-malawi-x-northern-lights-feminized.340176/#post-10884315

Basically, when crossing a photoperiod strain with an autoflowering strain, the resulting F1 cross is usually early flowering but not fully auto. After crossing F1 x F1, you need to look for the next F2 generation, where 25% of the plants will be true autoflowering (recessive trait). These can then be inbred with traits from the photoperiod strain, fully stabilizing the autoflowering trait for the upcoming F3 generation.

Here on the Mediterranean coast, we start the autos in spring as soon as the weather is good, with night temperatures not dropping below 15°C and sunny days. Usually, we begin the first autoflowering plants in March-April and harvest them in late June-July.

Lebanese is not fully autoflowering but semi-auto. Once the plants reach sexual maturity, they tend to flower as early as early July, just a few days after the summer solstice. Some Lebanese plants can even go into flowering indoors in a mother room when rootbound.

Probiomer

@dubi Thats great to hear that semi autos are probably immune to light contamination.
Is the same true for semi auto crosses like the erdpurt crosses or purple satellite?

@Old Uncle Ben Thanks for the info about the copper hydroxide paint. Its a really neat solution, but i am a little worried about the chemicals in latex paint. Maybe i can find a brand that is no concern. Would be really great if i can use all my old pots instead of buying expensive air pots.(no rootbuilder in my country)

CheGuerillo

Here's a picture of one of two Acs Lebanese I have growing at 40 degrees north in New Jersey. It's pictured here on August 28 ,this one is a little more advanced than the other , she is still going and just about done. I'll take some new photos at harvest . View attachment 19065053
Very nice one. Mine looks similar but is behind yours here on 50N.

Attachments

• IMG_9710 x.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9701 - Nice Headbud.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 19

Old Uncle Ben

Hi dear @Old Uncle Ben thanks for your support :) much appreciated.
Happy to hear that Auto Zamaldelica seeds are on their way and that you're growing Golden Tiger x Panama at the moment. Please keep us updated in the strain thread.

When breeding fully autoflowering strains, it's essential to fully stabilize the autoflowering traits, which originally come from ruderalis landraces. Although modern autoflowering lines are fully autoflowering, they are genetically distant from ruderalis in other traits. The process of creating an autoflowering strain is explained in this post:

https://www.icmag.com/threads/auto-malawi-x-northern-lights-feminized.340176/#post-10884315

Basically, when crossing a photoperiod strain with an autoflowering strain, the resulting F1 cross is usually early flowering but not fully auto. After crossing F1 x F1, you need to look for the next F2 generation, where 25% of the plants will be true autoflowering (recessive trait). These can then be inbred with traits from the photoperiod strain, fully stabilizing the autoflowering trait for the upcoming F3 generation.

Here on the Mediterranean coast, we start the autos in spring as soon as the weather is good, with night temperatures not dropping below 15°C and sunny days. Usually, we begin the first autoflowering plants in March-April and harvest them in late June-July.

Lebanese is not fully autoflowering but semi-auto. Once the plants reach sexual maturity, they tend to flower as early as early July, just a few days after the summer solstice. Some Lebanese plants can even go into flowering indoors in a mother room when rootbound.
Wow, @dubi ! Thanks for the comprehensive report. That link is fascinating. The work you guys do blows me away. I'll wait until next summer and do an outdoor garden.

@Probiomer the chemicals in the latex paint are quickly vaporized to leave only latex as the paint dries. The copper ions are not released, copper hydroxide DOES not dissolve in water based solutions, it is insoluble. If the copper ions were released and toxic it would kill the plant. They are not translocated into the plant as the root tip is destroyed. I've grown a lot of veggies too in these treated containers, mainly maters. No problemo. Pots that use air and light to root prune are my faves too.

Regards,
Uncle Ben

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is the same true for semi auto crosses like the erdpurt crosses or purple satellite?

True for straight ErdPurt, Lebanese, Moroccan, Hokkaido Japan, and similar semi autos.
But not necessarily if you cross them with other genetics that have a slower flowering response.