What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Landrace team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenHXF

Administrator
I’ve undeleted everything in the thread, people can make up their own minds.

I think it’s just a case of things being blown out of proportion. If this discussion took place in the pub your mates would tell both of you to calm down and would get up to get another round in.

Please stop the handbags @Donald Mallard and @ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My responce to Donald that was permanently deleted by who ?

This site is becoming very 1 sided with Donald allowed to say whatever he wants about Nevil and any responce deleted ?
This website used to be different, what happened @Gypsy Nirvana ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-102842_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220829-102842_Samsung Internet.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve undeleted everything in the thread, people can make up their own minds.

I think it’s just a case of things being blown out of proportion. If this discussion took place in the pub your mates would tell both of you to calm down and would get up to get another round in.

Please stop the handbags @Donald Mallard and @ojd
What about my post i just reposted after it was deleted 5 minutes ago

StevenHXF

Administrator
This site is becoming very 1 sided witu Donald allowed to say whatever he wants about Nevil and any responce deleted ?
This website used to be different, what happened @Gypsy Nirvana ?
If you’ve read my response to the discussion between you and Donald I’ve said it should be allowed and out in the open. I just don’t see why you both need to go at it.

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My other half of post deleted.

Lets just leave it at that , i dont want to ruin a thread at all , but imagine someone constantly talking smack and lies about someone you respect who has passed ? , i cant sit here and let donald spew lies and bullshit about 1 of the most influential people our Canna scene ever witnessed , some people who dont know any better might listen to that dribble and think its fact

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-102850_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220829-102850_Samsung Internet.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 72

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant delete this post

mods delete this empty post if you can

StevenHXF

Administrator
My post was not undeleted
You’re being quite abrasive mate, I’ve undeleted everything in this thread that’s showing up as deleted, if there’s anything else then it was either permanently deleted (I’ve said this discussion should be allowed) or you need to refresh your browser and look through all the pages because I’ve undeleted everything I’ve seen highlighted as deleted.

Both of you calm the fuck down.

Sam is an OG and the same goes for Nevil (RIP). If people were not allowed to use the work of others then there would be nothing new to smoke.

shiva82

sounds like t.l.t are business men , taking advantage. Thats what they do , make money. i have not tried the seeds or met the people so it be wrong or me to name call . good business sense they do have

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You’re being quite abrasive mate, I’ve undeleted everything in this thread that’s showing up as deleted, if there’s anything else then it was either permanently deleted (I’ve said this discussion should be allowed) or you need to refresh your browser and look through all the pages because I’ve undeleted everything I’ve seen highlighted as deleted.

Both of you calm the fuck down.

Sam is an OG and the same goes for Nevil (RIP). If people were not allowed to use the work of others then there would be nothing new to smoke.
I appreciate that , but my post ive reposted above was not reposted , how can Donald just permanently delete things that doesn't seem right.
Someone with such hate towards a person shouldn't be allowed to permanently delete things , thats not a fair rule

StevenHXF

Administrator
Final word. I respect what Nevil and Sam have achieved. One of them sadly isn’t here to stand up for themselves and the other wouldn’t want to read this kind of crap.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - take a big hit of something calming - and realize that different people have different opinions - on just about every topic - and that's a good thing - would be kinda boring if we all had the same mind-set on everything - all programmed to never disagree - but wait a minute - would that not be - harmony?

RobFromTX

I know seedbank which sells angola, but it is angola x black colombian from someone else... Barney is selling acapulco gold, but it is acapulco gold x nepalese highland from Reeferman.. etc.. so you never know what you really get with seedbanks with this ethics... if they can lie to their source of seeds, why they could not lie to you? it is not truth what is selling seeds.. it is demand and hype...

so how would you feel, if you buy vietnamese landrace seeds, pay top money for it, and few years later you will find out it was vietnamese x nlhaze???
I grew out acapulco gold. Like most Barney gear it looked great but the high was lacking. I really wanted to try the colombian black from Gage Green but they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I grew out acapulco gold. Like most Barney gear it looked great but the high was lacking. I really wanted to try the colombian black from Gage Green but they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth
Interesting, I've been smoking Barney's AG myself and that's my asessment as well, but I recently looked at the description BF gives to the strain, and no where do they say it's related to the 'real' strain AG, just that it was named after the legendary strain. They also seem to have TM'd the name ACAPULCOGOLD.

Sad that it's come to this! :shucks:

goingrey

Basically they cheat other people's work by seeing it as the result of their own work and research .... in short, they are people of poor ethics.
But if that doesn't bother you, the varieties sold are great .....
I'm not sure I agree with this.

They are selling landrace/heirloom varieties, not claiming to have developed them in-house.

Ok everyone (or anyone) involved in the sourcing hasn't been credited. Some people feel bad about that. If that's how they feel then that's how they feel. Other people would consider if snitching if they were credited...

The people who traded/gifted/sold the seeds expecting them to not be sold by another company didn't own the landrace/heirloom strains either. In fact no one owns any strains of any plant as far as I understand the law (IANAL), you can trademark a name or patent a clone and that's it. Sure the law and ethics aren't the same thing but especially in the case of unworked or barely worked landraces I'm not sure I would even consider it unethical. And in regards to preservation, the more the merrier.

My issue with TLT is that they don't list the prices on the website, and the prices I've seen quoted on forums are really high. Well and also that they are not available locally so I'd have to deal with customs and safe addys and all that.

RobFromTX

Interesting, I've been smoking Barney's AG myself and that's my asessment as well, but I recently looked at the description BF gives to the strain, and no where do they say it's related to the 'real' strain AG, just that it was named after the legendary strain. They also seem to have TM'd the name ACAPULCOGOLD.

Sad that it's come to this! :shucks:
Ive grown some good stuff through barneys but its definitely hit or miss. Their laughing buddha was my favorite grow. Nice sativa buzz

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I'm not sure I agree with this.

They are selling landrace/heirloom varieties, not claiming to have developed them in-house.

Ok everyone (or anyone) involved in the sourcing hasn't been credited. Some people feel bad about that. If that's how they feel then that's how they feel. Other people would consider if snitching if they were credited...

The people who traded/gifted/sold the seeds expecting them to not be sold by another company didn't own the landrace/heirloom strains either. In fact no one owns any strains of any plant as far as I understand the law (IANAL), you can trademark a name or patent a clone and that's it. Sure the law and ethics aren't the same thing but especially in the case of unworked or barely worked landraces I'm not sure I would even consider it unethical. And in regards to preservation, the more the merrier.

My issue with TLT is that they don't list the prices on the website, and the prices I've seen quoted on forums are really high. Well and also that they are not available locally so I'd have to deal with customs and safe addys and all that.
This is the reason why those with great genetics do not share them, or they remain in a small circle ...
Okay, no westerner owns the genetics, and I don't even want to get into the talk of patents, rights and stuff, BUT if you tell me you have a Colombian variety (for example) that you collected in Colombia from a family of growers who keep it in purity for decades and blah blah blah, it must be like this, they shouldn't be seeds that someone kindly shared with you;if you sell a Thai variety harvested blah blah blah, it must be like that, not a variety created in Spain by a seedbank,same thing for the Lebanese, the kerala, etcetera etcetera...
And I don't even want to comment on the prices, sometimes tripled compared to the originals ...
What if tomorrow I put @RC_Colas Copalita Oaxaca on sale under the name of Oaxacan, perhaps with a beautiful story of a Mexican family that has kept it pure for decades?
Obviously it's not an attack on you, I just want to make my point clear ...

goingrey

This is the reason why those with great genetics do not share them, or they remain in a small circle ...
Okay, no westerner owns the genetics, and I don't even want to get into the talk of patents, rights and stuff, BUT if you tell me you have a Colombian variety (for example) that you collected in Colombia from a family of growers who keep it in purity for decades and blah blah blah, it must be like this, they shouldn't be seeds that someone kindly shared with you;if you sell a Thai variety harvested blah blah blah, it must be like that, not a variety created in Spain by a seedbank,same thing for the Lebanese, the kerala, etcetera etcetera...
And I don't even want to comment on the prices, sometimes tripled compared to the originals ...
What if tomorrow I put @RC_Colas Copalita Oaxaca on sale under the name of Oaxacan, perhaps with a beautiful story of a Mexican family that has kept it pure for decades?
Obviously it's not an attack on you, I just want to make my point clear ...
I am of course not in support of seed banks lying about the origins of their strains. Are you saying TLT doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts