What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Landrace team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidete

Anyone have experience with the landrace team?

:skiiing:
Last year around April-May, I sold a few landrace sativa seeds from western Kenya to a grower based in California who quickly sold them to The Landrace Team. I was surprised to see my collection on their website and the seeds are quite expensive.

EastAfricaGenes has the best information on landrace sativa strains that grow in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, and Tanzania

Kenyan Sativa Available On The Landrace Team Website.PNG

Rurumo

been using since the early 70s my favorite was columbian gold dont know what that was punto rojo or mango biche interesting that in the late 70s early 80s all the columbian dried up turned into this sensi stuff (not a fan) didnt turn on like the columbian the columbian made me laugh my ass off the old jamaican was good also the stuff at the dispensaries
is ok but not like the old days back then you could get almost pure landraces that hadnt been intermixed by gene manipulation like today which brings me to the real story for this post
approx june of 2022 i purchased 3 varieties of columbian from the landrace team hoping to get original columbian strains sent money (pricey) for 15 seeds havent seen anything as of yet
i live in missouri USA where it is legal to grow medical been growing for a year on the legit watched the tracking they gave me for the purchase and where these went i have no idea
the tracking list is an attached file has anyone had this experience with this company also bought some seeds from the real seed co, kwick seeds and my order stopped at customs
i called usps and they said they had no address to forward the package let Angus know about it and still havent received my order ive ordered from him before with no problem until now
i just want my seeds (frustrated) just want some regular seeds not all this hybrid stuff does anyone know a good vender with reg seeds
I'd try a domestic source of landrace seeds since you've had so much trouble ordering abroad. I've ordered Indian Landrace Exchange seeds form The Seed Source before (domestic USA bank0, sent cash, no problem. I've also ordered Indian Landrace Exchange directly from Fulpower in India and had the seeds arrive 20 days later. My last Kwik seeds order was stuck at Chicago ISC for long enough to make me nervous, but I ended up getting it anyway. If you order from overseas, go with a company that has a guaranteed delivery/delivery insurance option, like Attitude-not sure what landrace stuff they have now, but I bought a few Afghan Selections from them in the past and the stealth shipping was so good I had to email them to ask how I can find my seeds LOL. Another option besides landrace seeds, which I LOVE, are USA breeders who specialize in "old school" strains-like AK Bean Brains or Fleur Du Mal. AKBB has a bunch of 80's SSSC stuff, excellent nl5/haze crosses, among a ton of others, and FDM has Cinderella 99, Durban High Flyer, Sweet Tooth #4, etc...All excellent strains with real character that a lot of modern polyhybrid crosses lack. Snow High is a good source for pure landrace strains in the USA too, you get the best deals on his stuff if you email him directly and ask for a price list (be patient, he gets a lot of email). Oh, and also, I know that Khalifa genetics sells some of their catalogue from a domestic source in the USA. You can contact them through their website or strainly to see what is available now within the USA. Good luck!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sent some haze seeds to riddle guy too. I just shared and didn't require anything.

ethics is nice, but most people dont care about it... and not because instagram is big....

here is another guy who has same experience, as Donald

"That guy xxxxxxx reminds me a lot of that riddly or riddle guy who is behind " The Landrace Team". Sadly it isn't allowed to share PM's openly, a while ago i got a PM from that Riddle guy from TLT, asking for rare old Mexican Seeds.

The Landrace Team is one of the most disgusting Seedbanks out there, a lot of the stuff they're selling was aquirred through shaddy tactics (multiple accounts etc) and nice words from collectors who never agreed that their stuff will land on the market for sale. There is no passion behind "The Landrace Team", it's all about money for them.
"

if you can read some posts from Skunkman, he is mentioning guy he shared his precious seeds with, and guy gave him promise not to cash on his work, but that was exactly what he did, and even taking credit for it till today... so these practices are old as seed bizz... dont be surprised! ahaha
That is a completely different thing( quote of Sam talking) to what is being mentioned here , Sam sold Nevil the seeds for alot of money , and Nevil worked it like genius and made a huge part of the Canna world strains we know today.
Lets be honest, Sam was always bitter that Nevil come along and bypassed Sam with better quality strains and flowers with Sams own strains.
Then Sam moved on with his stuff GWpharma etc etc and Nevil went on with his.

The Landrace guys mentioned here ripping people off are just businessman that are into money than Cannabis like alot of our scene , Nevil loved Cannabis and worked in every field of it from growing/Breeding/Hash and many more.
Nevil loved landrace/exotic weed also and worked many landrace types into his last ever work before he passed so you cant compare or group these people to 1 of the most important people ( Nevil) our Canna scene has ever seen.
Rip 🙏

Last edited:

pilis

That is a completely different thing( quote of Sam talking) to what is being mentioned here , Sam sold Nevil the seeds for alot of money , and Nevil worked it like genius and made a huge part of the Canna world strains we know today.
Lets be honest, Sam was always bitter that Nevil come along and bypassed Sam with better quality strains and flowers with Sams own strains.

The Landrace guys mentioned here ripping people off are just businessman that are into money than Cannabis like alot of our scene , Nevil loved Cannabis and worked in every field of it from growing/Breeding/Hash and many more.
Nevil loved landrace/exotic weed also and worked many landrace types into his last ever work before he passed so you cant compare or group these people to 1 of the most important people ( Nevil) our Canna scene has ever seen.
Rip 🙏
Can you imagines that many people arround the world are Cannabis lovers,have many old strains,share for everyone who ask for free,NEVER think to Make money with the treasure they have?
Just give away the special feelings a real sativa?
Why allways a bussines with Cannabis seeds?
You know how happy live a so easy giveaway cannabislover like me have?
Sleep every night SOOO happy because with my seedshares I made many Cannabis growers without money happy?
How sleeps a Cannabis seedbanks founder?
Think no good.
Money,money,money.
I?
Happines,happines,happines.
No joke.
You know what this means?
Vie1,Vie2,Vie3,Vie4,Vie5,Pak Lay.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you imagines that many people arround the world are Cannabis lovers,have many old strains,share for everyone who ask for free,NEVER think to Make money with the treasure they have?
Just give away the special feelings a real sativa?
Why allways a bussines with Cannabis seeds?
You know how happy live a so easy giveaway cannabislover like me have?
Sleep every night SOOO happy because with my seedshares I made many Cannabis growers without money happy?
How sleeps a Cannabis seedbanks founder?
Think no good.
Money,money,money.
I?
Happines,happines,happines.
No joke.
You know what this means?
Vie1,Vie2,Vie3,Vie4,Vie5,Pak Lay.
First off im not defending these thief's of landrace at all , just defending Nev Schoenmakers who a quote was used to describe him as the same rat bags who just steal Genetics

When you do this as a full-time job all day everyday, night , day you have to charge money.
How can you pay rent on your premises, afford all the medium , nutrients , time , etc etc.
A hobby yes you can do that with all your seeds no problem , but if it is your full time job that provides your food/rent etc then you will quickly change your program and be charging money within a year.

Some people grow flower to sell as his/her main job and some make seeds as his/her main job and any seed seller who does this full time not just a tent on the side or an outdoor patch has to charge to cover all expenses and to live a good life as all growers do who produce more than they need.

Ive given thousands of seeds away over the years so agree its good to give seed away for free , i offer more freebies with orders than most companies out there also so yes if only everything in life was free , that would be a nice life

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Rip 🙏
i think your making up sam being bitter about nevils achievements with the seeds he was sold ,
that has never been said ,, only that nevil lied to him about his intentions ,
thats a completely different thing to what your saying ojd ,

lets face it, nevil always used stuff folks had worked first before him,
he was not into making new strains from landraces as you suggest ,
you are as always putting him up on a pedestal with your hero worship ...
sure he has earned a place in history with his achievements,
but he never made anything from scratch that has stood the test of time like the stuff he used made by others ,
his talent was in collecting good genetics already worked by others and hybridizing them ,
then marketing them well ....

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think your making up sam being bitter about nevils achievements with the seeds he was sold ,
that has never been said ,, only that nevil lied to him about his intentions ,
thats a completely different thing to what your saying ojd ,

lets face it, nevil always used stuff folks had worked first before him,
he was not into making new strains from landraces as you suggest ,
you are as always putting him up on a pedestal with your hero worship ...
sure he has earned a place in history with his achievements,
but he never made anything from scratch that has stood the test of time like the stuff he used made by others ,
his talent was in collecting good genetics already worked by others and hybridizing them ,
then marketing them well ....
You put Sam on the same pedestal also and why me you and other always but heads.

Sam didn't create Haze either , so your basically saying the same thing about Sam when it comes to Haze ?. He didn't make Haze and only made a reproduction and Haze hybrids.
So Sam did the exact thing Nevil did by making hybrids and offering them for sale.

Sam made the 3 Haze's that been sold forever like 30 years and to every company who wanted O Haze or Sk1 x OH or Thai/Haze and they still never made a noise like the famous varieties Nevil made. Still today they grow Nevil's clones from the 80's , where are Sams clones that were that special preserved all these years ?

Sam just created the same 3 hybrids that he been selling for 30 years , and they still never achieved anywhere near Nevil .
Not knocking Sam as he has done other amazing things also in our Canna scene but when it comes to who had better seeds and flowers , Nevil hands down won the battle repeatedly.

RobFromTX

I keep hearing too many good and bad things about TLT. I mean are they a legit seed source that just charges too much or are they scammers? I dont mind paying some extra $$ for a nice landrace

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
come on mate , i m not saying what you reckon i am at all ,
dont read into stuff and make up things ojd ,
im just being a realist unlike you because your blinded with hero worship ...

if you make statements like you did in your first message here , expect to be pulled up on them mate,
because they are untrue and need correcting ,
now stop this stupid sam vs nevil thing that you nevilites always get into , its quite boring and should be embarrassing for grown men to be doing ..

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
come on mate , i m not saying what you reckon i am at all ,
dont read into stuff and make up things ojd ,
im just being a realist unlike you because your blinded with hero worship ...

if you make statements like you did in your first message here , expect to be pulled up on them mate,
because they are untrue and need correcting ,
now stop this stupid sam vs nevil thing that you nevilites always get into , its quite boring and should be embarrassing for grown men to be doing ..
Facts are all there , nothing else.
So what points did i get wrong ?

Your a Sam fan and im a Nevil fan , thats it.

Everything i said was true or if not what did i make up ?

Nevil's last project used many landrace varieties, Oxacan, Thai , Mullumbimby Madness and others i cant think off.

Nevil purchased seeds of Sam Pure Haze early 80's , and never released Original Haze Commercially ( Sams wish ) .

But he went on to win every cup for many many years

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
the seeds nevil used in that last project were from kanga mate,
he had already worked them , you know , like i have already said nevil did ,
ie ...misses out on the selection part , lets others do that , then comes in takes the good stuff and all the applause ,
and turns it into , oh wait , he didnt turn it into anything cause it was already good and the selections , ie the hard part,
had already been done by others ....

its obvious you dont even know what your on about ,
and its a waste of my time to debate with such a fool ,
dont reply again with your garbage please ojd , keep it to yourself ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the seeds nevil used in that last project were from kanga mate,
he had already worked them , you know , like i have already said nevil did ,
ie ...misses out on the selection part , lets others do that , then comes in takes the good stuff and all the applause ,
and turns it into , oh wait , he didnt turn it into anything cause it was already good and the selections , ie the hard part,
had already been done by others ....

its obvious you dont even know what your on about ,
and its a waste of my time to debate with such a fool ,
dont reply again with your garbage please ojd , keep it to yourself ...
Nevil's whole project was around the NH21 x MML that they run and selected together Kanga and Nevil, true or not ?

Yes Kangativa's Mullum and others were used in X's but Sam used the Haze brothers strain to bring Haze to Europe so didnt create it either.
Original Haze is not famous or regarded as the holy grail around the world , Nevil Haze , NL5 Haze, SSH and so on are.

You and a few others crack me up , you give out seeds made with Nevil's varieties that you made with a Nevil variety ? , not a Sam variety ( Nevil's was far superior I understand 😆 ) but all you do is rinse Nevil, 😆 , but you and your friend who constantly dis Nevil but Sam like Nevil used others people's work ( Original Haze , California Orange, etc etc) so stop trying to pretend Sam Didn't do the exact same thing over the years , like you did and i did and everyone else did which is create seed from other seed and strains, and thank fuck Nevil did or all we might be smoking these days is that same old

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nevil's whole project was around the NH21 x MML that they run and selected together Kanga and Nevil, true or not ?

Yes Kangativa's Mullum and others were used in X's but Sam used the Haze brothers strain to bring Haze to Europe so didnt create it either.
Original Haze is not famous or regarded as the holy grail around the world , Nevil Haze , NL5 Haze, SSH and so on are.

You and a few others crack me up , you give out seeds made with Nevil's varieties that you made with a Nevil variety ? , not a Sam variety ( Nevil's was far superior I understand 😆 ) but all you do is rinse Nevil, 😆 , but you and your friend who constantly dis Nevil but Sam like Nevil used others people's work ( Original Haze , California Orange, etc etc) so stop trying to pretend Sam Didn't do the exact same thing over the years , like you did and i did and everyone else did which is create seed from other seed and strains, and thank fuck Nevil did or all we might be smoking these days is that same old
mate u come in here , off topic ,
saying untruths about sam being bitter about nevil being the better breeder ,
which is just plain garbage ,
then try dragging me into an argument by changing around what ive said ,
misinterpreting and just plain being an ass hat ,
i said no more and i mean it ,
any more comments from you will be deleted , end of story ....
do not try it on me ojd , you are barking up the wrong tree ,
i have told you this before ....

xet

I vote you out as a Moderator

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You come in here on my nuts , not the other way around , like it is everytime ?

You cant have your word and no reply and think thats acceptable ?.

Stop jumping in on everytime i mention Sam then we wont ever interact at all

xet

Basically nobody is allowed to say anything good about Nevil on these forums or the anonymous old farts who worship incompetent breeders will attack you and delete your posts and call the user an "asshat" and not expect that incompetent moderation behavior to run off members for acting like an incel Reddit moderator.

Gotchya!

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly how do you get away with just deleting post just because you want to, totally unacceptable.
How did you become mod who can delete post ? , poor icmag.com

Screenshot_20220828-233052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Honestly how do you get away with just deleting post just because you want to, totally unacceptable.
How did you become mod who can delete post ? , poor icmag.com

View attachment 18749640
do not argue with decisions made by moderators ,
its in the tou mate ,
now go away and play somewhere else ,
or i will take further action ,

same goes for you xet ,, dont push your luck , read the tou if you have any problem with my decision ,
you are both off topic and arguing with moderators decisions , this is a breach of the tou ,
continue at your own peril ...

xet

do not argue with decisions made by moderators ,
its in the tou mate ,
now go away and play somewhere else ,
or i will take further action ,

same goes for you xet ,, dont push your luck , read the tou if you have any problem with my decision ,
you are both off topic and arguing with moderators decisions , this is a breach of the tou ,
continue at your own peril ...
Is it in the TOU for Moderators to curse at members? Maybe you should step outside for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts