What's new

Kelly's DIY Under Current inspired RDWC Tubs

solarz

Hey Kelly...just wondering...are you a female? I really don't want this to sound bad...but you have very nice handwritting. LMFAO....i know it sounds wierd, and i swear i'm not some freak handwritting nerd or anything...but i couldn't help but to notice it on your Sugar Berry "name tags".

Forgive me, i'm high...i just solo'd a XL joint of Island Sweet Skunk...

solarz

TND

there isnt a huge amount of suction in the 2in pipe, because it is stepped down to a 3/4in inlet, so i am hoping that will be enough to keep the roots out of it.
if anything i may have to get alittle net of something to keep them from cloggin it up.
it is something i plan on keeping an eye on.

good thinkin :joint:

Hey Kelly i use Aqua-Pure filter media bags 4x12 for medium to large filters for the 2in pipes to stop everything but water and dissolved nutes thru they fit & work perfectly... only issue is that if you use any thick nutz you may have to shake them so they dont clog the filter bag. oh yeah i got those at petsmart in the fish section $2.39 each

m0rb

Love the idea that TND came up with regarding the Aqua-Pure filter media bags. Although I am no expert, I was also going to recommend 2" net pots that you could perhaps secure around the outside of the pipe, or invert the net pot so that it can be inserted into the open end of the 2" PVC pipes.

I am continuing to follow this thread --love the work Kelly.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
if the pump is off, the water level matches the level in the tubs, so there isnt a chance of leaks. it is a sealed system up to the point that dumps the water back into the front tub.
if the pump stops running, the system just becomes a dwc setup :)
i can shut off the valve to pump if i need to replace it.

thanks for explaining it.

m0rb

Kelly, I have to ask just to clarify something; what size pipe are you using for that outlet? Is it 3/4 PVC? Also, how did you connect the black plastic pump fittings to that pipe and how waterproof is it.

Still folling your thread. Those last pics are getting me hungry for harvest! Keep it up.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Kelly, is that a dehumidifier in there at 45 then 26 in the photos? I am SO happy with RH in the 20's.

Peace, :joint:

love the smell

I'm definitely a noob but I've been using ebb and flow for about six months now. I want to start growing fewer, bigger plants and I like the rdwc systems that I've seen on here. However, I'm not entirely sure how the systems work. Specifically, how do you plants get watered? Is the growing medium constantly at or below the water line? What medium are you using beside the hydroton?

Currently I veg in a separate room so I'm planning to get 8 ladies about 24 inches tall and bushed out then putting them in this system under a 1000w hps.

I'll probably customize to suit my own needs but I would like a little more info on the basic principles of this system. Thanks.

love the smell

Thanks, I've been doin a little more research on this. Sorrry for trying to steal your thread, I just loved your setup and production. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see some finished pics.