What's new

Joe's Fresh Guide to Sick Plant Diagnosis

intotheunknown

Veteran
Its not a matter of finding plain old soil. You arent looking for soil, you are looking for the ingredients to make your own soil. Which you can find in urban areas fairly easy.
1 or 2 of the items you need you can get at home depot or lowes. cant get any more urban than that...

Its not a matter of finding plain old soil. You arent looking for soil, you are looking for the ingredients to make your own soil. Which you can find in urban areas fairly easy.
1 or 2 of the items you need you can get at home depot or lowes. cant get any more urban than that...

where can I get plain old organic honestly I agree with you and id rather add the ingredients myself like the fish meal guana earth worm castings

sorta base my soil off of somas recipe in his book organic marijuana cultivation or something along those lines

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
home depot.
topsoil
manure
sand
blood and bone meal
garden lime
fish emulsion
kelp
a whole line of espoma products.

if you mean feathers and crab meal and all that shit like alfalfa...you're not gonna find that in any urban areas.

tommygh

home depot.
topsoil
manure
sand
blood and bone meal
garden lime
fish emulsion
kelp
a whole line of espoma products.

if you mean feathers and crab meal and all that shit like alfalfa...you're not gonna find that in any urban areas.

Right, I was going to say that you'd need some perlite. For me this is a crap shoot, and still being a n00b, I don't see myself at the experimental stage.

:xmastree:

intotheunknown

Veteran
heres what you need. I disagree completely with the above list.

PLAIN sphagnum peat moss
quality earthworm castings
organic compost
crab shell meal
kelp meal
neem seed meal
*basalt
*gypsum
*oystershell powder
*glacial rock dust
chunk perlite/pumice/small lava rock- Aeration

* not all needed but will make the best liming/mineral mix
oystershell and or basalt are required.

see what you can find. see what it can produce.

even in urban areas with the large dro stores, they do carry these amendments, they are tucked way in the back while all the other expensive bullshit with the fancy logos are blinding you from the goods. if you find all of these amendments, and are serious about it, PM me and ill give you measurements.

picture.php

D

duppi

helo.

I'm having this problem on and off.

strain ak-48
400 light at veg. may 60cm from tops.
humidity well no meter but air isn't dry.
temp 24 night day 26.5c

same nute levels to all plants i go with half of suggested and let my water air for 2 days.

so then comes the shit.

few grow much faster then few.
2 got cute burns but others don't and they look N deficiency.

help pls :(

thx for help in advance

D

duppi

Alright then.

I'm now very confident about the magnesium or other shit that don't get sucked in because of ph.

this might be my problem for ages didn't know they need ph 6.5+ to get all the nutes

I'm now raising my ph and checking it for first time. always thought ph don't matter in soil........... ehh thanks for this amazing thread! so good

Trichmate

strange ´bumps´

strange ´bumps´

Hello I have this strange bumps on my petioles, I saw one maybe two on steams, and every day I see a new one, what kinda bug is making that.

Latest posts

Latest posts