What's new

Joe's Fresh Guide to Sick Plant Diagnosis

Teh_Baker

This is a different plant, a THC Snow. She is starting to do something wierd. I have never had so many issues with a crop since my rookie year! I wonder if my well did something wierd... i have a ph tester coming and a pkg of ph up, down and buffers... we'll get this figured out. But please, help me out with any info you can...
picture.php

I did add some composted horse manure this year, that may have something to do with issues.

Teh_Baker

So i do have a pest problem i am now trying spinosad to get rid of. I cannot find a picture of the bug anywhere online, cannabis related or not. It is about the size of a kernel of corn. Tree frog green, although the older ones tend to turn A bit tan. They can fly. And as bad as i hate to say it, they look like the brain bug from super trooper. They are triangular or pyramid shaped... a few days ago i squished one and it made me bleed, either from the sharp carapace, or it bit me. I know not which. Please help! Are these whats causing so much hardship?
picture.php

Teh_Baker

Ok so i found what i think it is. A tree hopper/ plant hopper...
picture.php

Im not exactly sure how destructive they are yet, but i have them in spades! Research is needed... but it really does resemble the brain bug... lol

Teh_Baker

So my bug issue looks to be handled with spinosad. I am still having an issue with that one THC Snow however. She is getting intense deformation of the newest growth all over the plant. Please help me... my tap water ph starts at 6.12 and then rises to about 6.44 after 8 hours...
picture.php

Krisho

Leaves problem

Leaves problem

Hello guys !
I started reading that threat. I have an issue with my two plants, below you will find appended pics of the leaves they got. I bought a fertilizer with NPK 14-7-17 and small quantum of Fe, B, Zn and no Mg and Mn . So I guess the problem is lack of Mg and Mn but what make me really confuse are the symptoms of the lack of Nutrium acording to the scheme with pics that was appended at the very begining in the first page of the forum- the leaves are yellow due to it , some of my leaves are the same yellow colour and get yellow at the same places start from the tips... Also the same with the lack of Potassium (K)- i got some small brown spots... How is that even possible if I fertilize the plans every 2 days with 1 1/2 spoon of my fertilizer in 1L of water ??? And it consist enough N-P-K ???
Also lack of Calcium ?
Please check the images and let me know if I have to buy a new fertilizer. Also a bit stupid question but would it be sufficient if I add some broken eggs shells in the soil instead of Calcium dificiency ? And changing the lack of Mg with some Mg soluble pills I am drinking after trainings ? :D I mean if I l dissolve them into water and give them to my plants do you think it is a good idea and will work properly ? I am asking because is kind of hard to find a proper fertilizer at the place where I am living and I really would like to avoid spending another 20 euro for fertilizer.

Thanks a lot for the help guys !!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Krisho

one more picture, they are tall around 15-20 inches , I know the pots are not big enough, but the truth is that I dont want to produce very tall plants as they grow indoors, so I would like to constrain them to grow not much more than this size (the right is 2 month old and the left is 1.5 months). Do you think the small size of pot is restricting them enough to get the leaves yellow ?
picture.php

NENugger

This is a leaf from a flowering PurpleBud plant. Some gnats, but under control I think.
Cant find in this forum. any idead

picture.php

MrsVerde

STUCK!!

STUCK!!

Okay so i just got my thrips under control in my room with the girls i just put into flower and in the meantime revived 200+ very stressed out seedlings, they seemed like they were kicking along and the strawberry bananas are growing rapidly. Finally thought all was under-control but i noticed what I can only identify as tobacco mosaic virus in the now "teens". The mosaic pattern is present and the curving of leaves...Like Dr. Suess-ish NOT hooking or clawing.
I have three rooms set up w/ teens and this is present in both rooms, which have different types of light sources. (T5'S in one room & Govitas in the other). One room is the strawberry banana and one is fire og.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 89b40703f2424615e190b1dd961f8dba.jpg
    89b40703f2424615e190b1dd961f8dba.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 100

Halfton

Okay so i just got my thrips under control in my room with the girls i just put into flower and in the meantime revived 200+ very stressed out seedlings, they seemed like they were kicking along and the strawberry bananas are growing rapidly. Finally thought all was under-control but i noticed what I can only identify as tobacco mosaic virus in the now "teens". The mosaic pattern is present and the curving of leaves...Like Dr. Suess-ish NOT hooking or clawing.
I have three rooms set up w/ teens and this is present in both rooms, which have different types of light sources. (T5'S in one room & Govitas in the other). One room is the strawberry banana and one is fire og.

View Image

Defiantly a plant virus . The infected plants will show signs of the virus when stressed . I have plants that I know to have a virus and it doesn't seem to effect them much as long as they are babied . If it is a plant I want to keep I make sure to be very carful not to cross contaminate any other plants .

NENugger

What is going on?

What is going on?

picture.php

looked at pics at beginning of thread. Mag def, nute burn. I cannot tell.

Plant is Orient Express, in flower. Soil mix of ocean forest and happy frog. gave it once watering with maxibloom. Also made first ACT tea and gave a week after maxibloom.
I am not experienced enough, 1st year, to be able to decipher this ailment.
Anyone have ideas. soon plant wont have any leaves.
picture.php

al70

Veteran
Anyone know what chlorine toxicity might look like, i think my tapwater is f~#~ed up

TwisttedMaple

How could I fix this?

How could I fix this?

I have this strain in a mix of sunshine #4 and fox farms ocean Forrest. About a month old seedling light doses of Advanced sensi grow a and b. I never had this issue before

Attachments

• 20171208_161751.jpg
    20171208_161751.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 101

GrnEyes

anyone know what this is?

anyone know what this is?

The only thing i can find that resembles it is wind burn but this is not wind burn as its not near the fan....and its not been overwatered 1) because I have been watering for over a year- I've got it dialed in pretty well. 2) its in coco which is pretty hard to overwater. Any help would be great. I have 2 plants doing this both are way too tall for my liking in 2 gallon pots but they stretched a lot. They both are some mystery seeds....no idea of the genetics as i was given them for free and they were "mystery seeds". Please let me know if you have experienced this before. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20171231_070420.jpg
    20171231_070420.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 122

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

looked at pics at beginning of thread. Mag def, nute burn. I cannot tell.

Plant is Orient Express, in flower. Soil mix of ocean forest and happy frog. gave it once watering with maxibloom. Also made first ACT tea and gave a week after maxibloom.
I am not experienced enough, 1st year, to be able to decipher this ailment.
Anyone have ideas. soon plant wont have any leaves.
View Image

Pretty sure that is a phosphorus deficiency.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this strain in a mix of sunshine #4 and fox farms ocean Forrest. About a month old seedling light doses of Advanced sensi grow a and b. I never had this issue before

Both of those medias/mixes are real short on Ca, real high on K.

Look for a Ca source without Mg and add some P.

Best thing is to get a real soil analysis and dial it in....

That Advanced line is real top heavy in K. Add it to a heavy K mix and it gets ugly quick.

Latest posts

Latest posts