What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Joe Biden Thread

Cannavore

Veteran
unemployment rate doesnt account for underemployment and those who gave up looking for work because the economy is shit

Cannavore

Veteran
EmPbSmOVoAIRCRq

Klompen

Jobs don't mean a good economy. Jobs only mean the rich have shit they want done and will dole out meager survival funds in exchange for them.

Hempy McNoodle

No we don´t . (This is why I like to ask people who live in the respective countries directly )

And I suppose that is true about news coverage on any other country. For instance the news coverage outside UK TV channels about Brexit was rather scarce .

One of the main things was his reform of the justice sysyem. He undid mandatory minimum sentencing and the crack cocaine hypersentencing which led to an incarceration war against america (pushed by Biden, clinton, Bush), most particularly black america.

He also deescalated the 9/11 wars. But the best is yet to come.

Klompen

Many people were able to get a good paying job, wages were rising as well.

Yet upward mobility is worse than ever. Job averages and personal wealth averages only look good when you do averaging. Look at the median and things are totally different.

Also, the amount jobs pay is not my point at all.

Cuddles

Boris doesn’t care... he’s feathered his nest, and rumour has it he’s going to resign in the next few months.
Tory polling is incredibly low, below labour for the first time in a long time.
He’s been saying he’s thinking of leaving to spend more time with his family, but I think the conservatives want to drop him before he does any more fuckin damage to their standing.

The uk is quietly fucked.

I haven´t heard this one about Boris before. But let´s face it, when has criticism ever hindered him? I don´t think he´ll resign because his ego won´t let him. Remember that he wants to be like good ol´Churchill (not that he´ll ever come close in any way !!!)

PS I don´t reckon the torys will drop him any time soon. I mean most of them are as f*cked up as he is( Especially the ERG) :D:biglaugh:

h.h.

Veteran
Economy was booming before covid19. Anyone could have found a job.

Should have been prepared. Shit happens. Instead he destroyed our tax base. Cut back on emergency programs to help finance it. When Covid hit, it was just a fumble fuck. Denial and propaganda. Covid19 is not an excuse. Excuses are for losers.

RudeDog

Veteran
From what I understand the EU was trampling over everyone in the UK so they opted to leave and become independent.

Your understanding is misguided. UK has always been independent. The EU are looking after their interests, the UK decided to leave the club. It is really that simple.

Klompen

Brexit makes my head hurt. The side pushing it are mostly nuts, but the EU is also a neoliberal nightmare. It sure says a lot about British democracy that the people can vote for something and their leaders can take over 4 years to sort it out.