What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
called hashish when pressed, coming from the arabic hassassins,

Actually, it's the word "assassin" which is said to come from "hashishin", members of Hassan ibn al Sabbah's sect.

it didnt get me high - only just in one occasion when i had not smoked hash for a few days at all.

How strange. A friend of mine who used to go every year to Morocco actually told me it's some of the most potent stuff she' had ever smoked (and believe me, she was in those time a very very hard head eheh...). Tobacco alone should be enough to give you a rush.

About the resin powder, I think tha tif a traditionnal name would be applied, then that should be that of "garda". In Afghanistan & Pakistan it's the name for unpressed and uncooked resin, and it also happens to mean powder, dust.

Egypt was a major market and it was mostly smuggled from Greece or along camel routes from the middle east.

Indeed. For those who haven't read it, I strongly recommend Henry de Monfreid "La croisière du Hashish" (I don't know the english title, might be "Hashish :a smuggler's tale"). Takes place during the times when Greece was still producing hash, then right after its prohibition there. THe man goes to India to catch on several tons of Yarkand Charas to bringback to the Red Sea shores (all true story). A must read for any hash lover !

By the way, long time no new pic here, eh ? Allow me...

Irie !

Last edited:
G

I have indeed read De Montfried's book, recently infact, and also Thomas Wentworth Russell's ('Russell Pasha') 'Egyptian Service' which gives a fine account of the Lebanese hashish making process and much details of the hashish smuggling trade.

I believe it is from De Montfried's book that Robert Clarke took the appelation 'legendary' and applied it to Yarkand Charas. Certainly, in the 20s and 30s, it was Yarkand Charas that was the most sought after variety, that was why he went all the way to India to procure it.

I might have underestimated the potency of my QWISO, I'm, rather battered and need an early night, sorry no pics, got no cam at the mo.

Jeezus, took some effort to write that, I'm gonna lie down now...

mriko said:
Actually, it's the word "assassin" which is said to come from "hashishin", members of Hassan ibn al Sabbah's sect.

By the way, long time no new pic here, eh ? Allow me...

Irie !

mriko - thanks for correcting me. i knew it was actually hashishins but was unsure of the spelling so just changed it instead of spelling it badly. it got the point across, lol. u know much more about these folks? heard differing accounts of their usage.

and as for these pics, where they from or rather what types of hash are they, u usually have a very detailed origin? ;)

GP - glad ur jelly hash turned out nice. if i remember correctly, they named one of the types of winning hash a few years ago, in the C-Cup, something or another skuff. don;t know how many years ago but i know i can see the picture in my mind.

PEACE

oh and any body have any new gear?? this thread is material for my dreams... :canabis:

B

bonecarver_OG

Ganja Pasha said:
skuff is a derogatory term for crap hash, or at least it was in the circles I moved in.

Hashish manufacture in Morocco does indeed date from the 1960s, the influence came from the Lebanon. According to the tales told in the rif, a Moroccan went to the Lebanon to study and returned home with the knowledge to make hashish. The Lebanon has only been a hash producing centre since the mid 1930s as production moved there from Greece. Until 1932 hashish production was legal in Greece and it was Greek farmers who supplied most of the hashish smuggled around the mediterranean at the time. Egypt was a major market and it was mostly smuggled from Greece or along camel routes from the middle east.

BTW, the QWISO making went well, got 2.2g of oil which I mixed with kif to make jelly hash (oil is such a PITA to handle) and it's very strong stuff, but not a patch on the Trainwreck/Chemdawg/Sour Diesel batch I made back in February, that stuff was lethal, this batch is merely hazardous, but very nice still.

good post mate :D hope the jelly is as tasty as it sounds like!

mriko said:
Quote:
it didnt get me high - only just in one occasion when i had not smoked hash for a few days at all.

How strange. A friend of mine who used to go every year to Morocco actually told me it's some of the most potent stuff she' had ever smoked (and believe me, she was in those time a very very hard head eheh...). Tobacco alone should be enough to give you a rush.

its not really that strange :D hehe i easilly go thru 150 grams of good hash a month (i smoke over 5 gram daily) and what ever bud i have at the moment on top of that, this going many years back - im pretty much the definition of a heavy smoker. i bet that is the explanation. everything is relative - we are all different. and seriously - the kif is not something any seasoned pot or hash smoker would enjoy too much - UNLESS its from well taken-care-off plants i presume there exist a possibility of an select production of kif also - and since the Rif people take a lot of pride in their agriculture - the personal kif grows must be a LOT more interesting than the bag of crap i got. but the kif i got was normal comercial kif - hardly any calyxes with resin at all, and mostly small leaf chunks and such. still it was kind of interesting to use this to mix the hash with sometimes.

Garda indeed does sound like a really good term. narrowing down confusion to an minimum. :D

thanks for those nice pics :D

(i think the only reason i can smoke the amount i do is because i work with art - and i got my own business - most people can not smoke at work for example - i smoke more at work than at home - after all workdays are around 12 hours a day, and i need inspiration)

heres a pic of whats left of the 100g chunk i bought 2 weeks ago.. a new one is coming on monday :D this is not 00.. but its neither mixed with anything not from the plant. well.. for these blocks i pay only 160 euro comparing with the street price of around 400 :D cant complain..

this particular hash is very fresh, one of the nicest flavoured moroc hashes i have had during the last year. the flavour strongly reminds of flowers and spices, and the smell is very very sweet and a hint of fruity, but nothing of the normal dusty earthy tones.

the print is a flower with 2 long leafes, lookins a bit like a weird daffodil or such.

i dont know from what area exactly it is, or anything else, besides im pretty sure this is max from last years autumn harvest season. soft and fresh. dont really need to heat it to make a mix.. it helps we got around 40º celsius here :D only bad part is the hash goes dark quickly outside the fridge.

here is a pic from last summer of a chunk of very good "paki-moroc" melting in the sun..

and me later on enjoying it..

peace all - and have a nice weekend!

G

bone, one day I'm gonna have to come to Spain and try to out smoke ya, that would be fun! lol

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe would be fun hehe :D ;) but definetly man - soon enough we got our house done and the guest room too:D hehe

im just of now to carry stuff :D

peace

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmm resin powder and hash...hehe
Dry sieved resin powder ready to be turned into hashish heheh
Imagen083.jpg

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
25 grams if I don´t remember bad :D

200 g. of the moroccan paki
racoo159.jpg

racoo163.jpg

racoo161.jpg

G

Cheers Raco for reminding me I need to call in on you on the way to bone! lol

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
where they from or rather what types of hash are they, u usually have a very detailed origin? ;)

eheh, yeah sorry, been lazy. Both are from Parvati valley, black one is very fruity and sticky handrubbed cream from a growers village above Tosh, the Red one is from same area, but I suspect this one to be sieved polmm. Lovely golden color inside, with polm-like texture. Super hazy woodsy flavours !

I might have underestimated the potency of my QWISO

eheh, it sure sounds good !

its not really that strange hehe i easilly go thru 150 grams of good hash a month (i smoke over 5 gram daily) and what ever bud i have at the moment on top of that, this going many years back - im pretty much the definition of a heavy smoker. i bet that is the explanation. everything is relative - we are all different. and seriously - the kif is not something any seasoned pot or hash smoker would enjoy too much - UNLESS its from well taken-care-off plants i presume there exist a possibility of an select production of kif also - and since the Rif people take a lot of pride in their agriculture - the personal kif grows must be a LOT more interesting than the bag of crap i got. but the kif i got was normal comercial kif - hardly any calyxes with resin at all, and mostly small leaf chunks and such. still it was kind of interesting to use this to mix the hash with sometimes.

eheh, you sound like a hard head too ! Indeed my friend had a very special connections overthere which guarateed her the best quality.

(i think the only reason i can smoke the amount i do is because i work with art - and i got my own business - most people can not smoke at work for example - i smoke more at work than at home - after all workdays are around 12 hours a day, and i need inspiration)

eheh, I work at home and the only thing preventing me to smoke more than 2gr a day is the darnishingly expensive price of hash here.

heres a pic of whats left of the 100g chunk i bought 2 weeks ago.. a new one is coming on monday this is not 00.. but its neither mixed with anything not from the plant. well.. for these blocks i pay only 160 euro comparing with the street price of around 400 cant complain..

weeeeeeeh ! 1.6 euros per gram ! THAT would make me go beyond 2gr a day ! haha !

Raco ! AMazing pics as usual ! That sieved polm looks absolutely gorgeous !

Thanks all for sharing !

Irie !

have any of u hash masters ever smoked grass from mexico or south america. what i'm getting at is why hasn't anyone on a large scale convinced a few S. American growers to make hash and transport that instead of bud??

is it because the quality differs that much between morocco and mexico? seems like it is the only way to bring good hash to north america.

:badday: People won't use buds here and if they do they want to make bubble. :( :badday:

PEACE and thanks for keeping this mouth watering thread alive. :jump:

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

I'm lovin' the pics guys :) Keep 'em comin'!

That last pic Mr.H is one of the illest import hash pics I've ever seen I think! It looks amazing! How is the smoke?....I'm betting awesome!

Damn....

!