What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

mr.haze420

Veteran
i love humble pie and saw them at the fillmore east in the early 70's. also a line about the red lebanese, cannot remember it all, to stoned :jump: :laughing: :rasta: :muahaha:

dozer

bonecarver_OG said:
well.... to put things short (and tiny) since i dont feel like starting any discussion;

(for educational purposes only - read only if really interested)

"In Morocco, resin powder is produced using methods historians say have only been used in the country since the early 1960's. Before these methods were introduced, allegedly by Europeans and North Americans, Moroccans did not process cannabis into powder and hashish – they only smoked it as kif."

this means kif was chopped up buds before the "hippie influence" came to morocco, but with the resin still intact..

Sorry to bring this up again but I noticed that a news agency called Pannapress (The Pan African News Agency) uses the term "chira" when reffering to unpressed resin. I've never seen that term anywhere else, have you?

Great mouth watering pics guys, keep'em coming. :)

This is some paki moroc I had a long time ago. I never find paki like this anymore here in Portugal. All the paki I've tried recently looks like paki but tastes like standard moroc and doesn't bubble the same way.

G

lyrics to '30 days in the hole'

Roll my tape
Ooh, ooh, ooh

Thirty days...
Anyone doin' that one?
I'm doin' that one

30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole

all right all right all right all right, yeah

Chicago Green, talkin' 'bout Red Lebanese
A dirty room and a silver coke spoon
Give me my release, come on
Black Nepalese, it's got you weak in your knees
Sneeze some dust that you got buzzed on
You know it's hard to believe

30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
That's what they give you
30 days in the hole
I know

Newcastle Brown, I'm tellin' you, it can sure smack you down
Take a grease-sick whore and a rollin' dance floor
It's got your head spinnin' round
If you live on the road, well there's a new highway code
You take the urban noise with some Durban Poison
It's gonna lessen your load

30 days in the hole
That's what they give you now
30 days in the hole
Oh, yeah
30 days in the hole
All right, all right
30 days in the hole

What you doin' boy?
You here for 30 days
Get, get, get your long hair cut
And cut out your ways

Black Nepalese, it got you weak in your knees
Gonna sneeze some dust that you got busted on
You know it's so hard to please
Newcastle Brown can sure smack you down
You take a grease-sick whore and a rollin' dance floor
You know you're jailhouse-bound

30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
Oh, yeah
30 days in the hole
30 days, 30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole
30 days in the hole

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Sorry to bring this up again but I noticed that a news agency called Pannapress (The Pan African News Agency) uses the term "chira" when reffering to unpressed resin. I've never seen that term anywhere else, have you?

yup, this is kinda common name, but rather written sheera/Shira ("ch" would make the sound "tch"). It's the name for resin, be it pressed or not (let's not forget that in Arabic hashish means "herb" by the way).

Irie !

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe :D

first time i heard the word chira - so i checked it up a little bit..
north east african word for cannabis is chira, wich means "resin"
or "powder"

some more info about the word kif etc and some info in general about the moroccan hash production..

this is a nice one i just found..

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer...asenate/vol1/chapter5_from_plant_to_joint.htm

"Cannabis oils

The following passage from a report prepared by Labrousse and Romero for the Observatoire français des drogues et des toxicomanies (OFDT; French Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addictions) in 2001 on cannabis production in Morocco describes the various stages of production very clearly.

From Cannabis to Oil – The Production Process in Morocco

Kif is the name given to the cannabis plant as a whole. (…) Cut and dried in the sun (generally on rooftops) for at least a month and a half, it is preserved in houses for several months under plastic tarpaulins. Chopped by hand with a special knife on a board, it is then mixed with tobacco for smoking. The traditional mixture consists of one‑third kif, two‑thirds tobacco and is smoked in a sebsi, a long wooden pipe with a terracotta or stone pipe bowl.

Chira is the powder resulting from solidification of the small resin drops exuded by the flowering tops of the female plants. To separate the resin from the dried plants, processors pound or shake the plants over a stretched thin nylon veil that serves as a screen. The first powder to fall, golden beige in colour, is called sigirma. This is the top quality, so‑called double‑zero powder which is said to contain as much as 20% THC. The next powder to fall is called hamda, which is mixed with plant waste giving it a greenish colour. Hamda is lightly screened to yield various product qualities: zero, no. 1, no. 2, no. 3 and no. 4 (the lowest quality), containing respectively from 10% to 2% THC. (…) It takes approximately 100 kg of kif to obtain 1 kg of top‑quality hashish.

Peasants (…) told us that the rest of the operation, when carried out by traffickers, took place in ostensibly secret buildings isolated in the mountains. (…) There the powder is placed in cellophane bags, then heated and compressed to yield resin or hashish, readied for the market in the form of small bars (generally 250 grams) called tbisla or "little plate". (…) The "double zero" quality, which derives its name from the two holes made in the bar with the end of a lit cigarette, is reserved for domestic consumption and preferred customers. Misinformed foreign customers often receive hash that has been cut with black polish, glue, henna, fig, earth or even medication.

(…) Cannabis oil is derived from no. 3 and no. 4 quality resins and produced by diluting hashish in a container with pharmaceutical alcohol. After six to eight hours of distillation, the liquid is filtered and stirred until all the alcohol has evaporated. Local production of this high value‑added liquid (it takes 10 kg of hashish to produce one liter of oil) is less marginal than is generally thought.

Labrousse, A. and L. Romero (2001) Rapport sur la situation du cannabis dans le RIF marocain. Paris: OFDT."

wow...

almost too much info to asimilate... gonna smoke a spliff and read thru it again...

i hope this once and for all has clearead out all confusing ever had in the cannabis scene..

peae all

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Labrousse, A. and L. Romero (2001) Rapport sur la situation du cannabis dans le RIF marocain. Paris: OFDT."

Romero... hmm I think he's the guy who wrote this huge thesis about cannabis in Morocco I mentionned in a former post. Can't join my boss for now (Labrousse), maybe he's abroad for field studies...

EDIT : Got it ! that's Pascual Moreno actually, he's cited in the boxed text about Morocco. This man has written an amazing work ! But he alas seems to be AGAINST cannabis, shame... :confused:

Irie !

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

sigirma and hamda

hm maybe good names for my future doughters :D hehe

mriko - there is so much info out there, only problem is finding it :D

peace mates

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
mriko - there is so much info out there, only problem is finding it

eheh, yeah, schaffer drug library is an amazing sum of information. I used to spend hours browsing the database when working at the OGD.

Here the Hashish Page some interesting texts inthere.

And another excellent reading

Irie !

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Nice info and links guys,

although I have to disagree with these 2 statements:

called sigirma. This is the top quality, so‑called double‑zero powder which is said to contain as much as 20% THC

and this one:

The "double zero" quality, which derives its name from the two holes made in the bar with the end of a lit cigarette, is reserved for domestic consumption and preferred customers

I'd say that in the best Moroccan, there's much more than 20% THC. For example, I've seen bubbleman quote some bubblehash as having like 50-60% THC, and having seen the best Moroccan under a 100x microscope, and it not having ANY contaminants, being pure trichomes, it must be fairly high in THC!

And the 00 grade is the size of the screen I believe.

Here in Italy, even flour is graded 00 and 0, etc

Peace

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I'd say that in the best Moroccan, there's much more than 20% THC. For example, I've seen bubbleman quote some bubblehash as having like 50-60% THC, and having seen the best Moroccan under a 100x microscope, and it not having ANY contaminants, being pure trichomes, it must be fairly high in THC!

He's talking about "traditionnal" dry sieved hash here.

And the 00 grade is the size of the screen I believe.

I've read and heard both along the years about 00. Still, Moreno has been living for more than 10 years (if still there then more than 15years) in Morocco, working on his thesis and different European Drug programs), so I presume he knows what he talks about (even though not being pro-cannabis).

Irie !

B

British_Bulldog

Hi mriko,

I was talking about 'traditional' hash too ;) :D pure and clean :D

And I've never heard of the "Double Zero" name being used because of 'cigarette burns in the hash'?

That frankly sounds bizarre, and I've always read and thought it was to do with the screening - either a double "zero" size screening, or now I'm familiar with 00 flour, I think it comes from the very small holes in the mesh, being 00 & here they call it "farina tipo zero zero": type 00 flour, lol

Peace

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Btw: to further quote the text from the druglibrary, and compare it to flour:

Hamda is lightly screened to yield various product qualities: zero, no. 1, no. 2, no. 3 and no. 4

This is how flour in Italy is graded:

Flour type 00
Flour type 0
Flour type 1
Flour type 2

- all based on the size of the screen

...very similar eh?

Peace

justagrower

nice to see my hash loving friend from OG , Bonecarver has joined the discussion !! do you still have the pics of your egg making mate ? love to see them again !!

we re missing Lebanese pics from this thread , so here s a couple from back in 2006 , the last time we seen any in this part of the world . around the time Isreal invaded .

sweet , flowery , almost perfume smell to Leb . very distinctive and hard to mistake . packaging indicated this was genuine Leb .

13501DSC03079.JPG

13501red_leb_close.jpg

13501RED_leb.jpg

Polle Pot

Left to right: Caramello, 5x0, Nepalese. (what my dealer said :Bashhead: )

Caramello melting in the sun

The Nepalese aint very clean, but smoke is decent. Caramello is really a bedtime smoke, very potent. The light polm is flovery, melty and very hard pressed. The best for daytime.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread!
Some lebanese,scored last year
pic courtesy of GrassMan :wink:
libano11.jpg

G

I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread, all these pictures of superb hash are upsetting me now....

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Btw: to further quote the text from the druglibrary, and compare it to flour: Quote: Hamda is lightly screened to yield various product qualities: zero, no. 1, no. 2, no. 3 and no. 4 This is how flour in Italy is graded: Quote: Flour type 00 Flour type 0 Flour type 1 Flour type 2 - all based on the size of the screen ...very similar eh?

Hmm, I'm not sure that bubblehash can be considered as a traditionnal way to make hash in Morocco.

ABout the 00 flour, from what I know, it is not about the mesh size but about the extraction ratio and which part of the seed is used. in 00 (T45 in France) the extraction ratio is about 70% (thin and white flour, for pasta, pizza and cakes, only the core of the seed is used). 0,1,2 have increased extraction ratio (the highest being made with the whole grain - brown color).

hmmm, let's keep that on-topic, anyone a nice hash-cake recipe??? haha ! Yeah, like that Temple Ball roll cake Phineas serves to his freak brothers !

Irie ! :wave:

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread, all these pictures of superb hash are upsetting me now....

HAHAHAHA ! It sure does have this effect on me sometimes, luckily I've managed to score a piece of reg. Moroccan an hour before. But I won't post a pic of it, it just doesn't deserve to amongst all those jewels !

Great pics everyone !

Some lebanese,scored last year pic courtesy of GrassMan

Mooh ? Lebanese ? So dark ? Looks pretty weird for Leb material, are you sure ? How's the effect ?

Irie !

Last edited: