What's new

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

BUDBWOY

Blue Pyramid Trim, 160m. and Desconicida kush (highly recommendable, lovely strain!!!) Dry Sieve.

Attachments

• Blue Pyramid 160m (5).jpg
    Blue Pyramid 160m (5).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue Pyramid 160m (10).jpg
    Blue Pyramid 160m (10).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Desconicida Kush 160m.jpg
    Desconicida Kush 160m.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 28

BUDBWOY

So after some hours of hard labour:woohoo:the first spliff of the blueberry trim hash was rather delicious with a slight blueberry aroma.

@paysen: your hash looks really nice, especially the Rosin you`ve made. gotta press some rosin of moroccan hash myself very soon!

@pengeleng: great stash as usual!!!

@ ollie: lovely paki-maroc. your taste description was mouthwatering.

Keep posting those cool inspiring pics.

Greetings!

micek

Going back to the discussion on why - given the improved genetics and the refined technology - we can't match the achievements of great imports of the past, i honestly think we are just missing the point.

It would seem we are treating the matter from a sadly reductionist perspective, while it is quite clear that the factors at play in giving a real, alive, proper hash are more than just ingredients and recipes. Coming from the wine business this seems obvious to me: just as bringing some great french grape varieties to new worlds doesn't give results not even close, regerdless of all the money put into it, and regardless that the soils seem to be similar, or even better fitting.

Introducing the concept of terroir to the hash discussion seems absolutely legit to me. This has to do with the magic combination of factors such as soil, genetics, cultural knowledge, climate and even bacterias and micro.organisms from soil, warehouses etc.

Sadly, most of this heritage is lost already. And no awareness seems to arise about this issue, if its true that Morocco just switched almost completely to import strains. Imagine a world without Bourgogne, Alsace, Piemonte etc; there'd still be wine to drink, but - hey - don't even wanna think about it.

If we get fast enough to global legalization, there may still be something left to save.

Thanks to all that contributed to this great thread.

belgowiet

Going back to the discussion on why - given the improved genetics and the refined technology - we can't match the achievements of great imports of the past

Well i have to say that most moroccon import these days is of exceptional high quality . that i didnt see in years.

Even india and afghanistan are exporting top quality these days.
recently i had the luck to get some first sieved afghan and nepal polm , super lightly pressed no dirty cuts in them..
and some cream from mazar i sharif that bubbled when you hold your lighter to it.
i would even dare to say that is whas the first time in +15 years that i got such clean hash from india and afghanistan.

Sadly, most of this heritage is lost already. And no awareness seems to arise about this issue, if its true that Morocco just switched almost completely to import strains.

there is still "kif" plants in the rif but alot of farmers grow what the shops in amsterdam wants...
western seeds are hybrids so they are "better" than their landrace.
unfortunately nobody made a real great hybrid witch moroccon genes to bring it back to the Rif mountains

I also thought that after 2 season they adapt en inbreed back to the moroccon .so they start from new seed.(correct me when wrong not 100% sure)

micek

Well i have to say that most moroccon import these days is of exceptional high quality . that i didnt see in years. Even india and afghanistan are exporting top quality these days.

That is nice to hear!
But the complaint was - as i understood - not about quality itself (intended as purity and strenght), it was more about typical flavours and recognizable character.

I also thought that after 2 season they adapt en inbreed back to the moroccon .so they start from new seed.(correct me when wrong not 100% sure)

You are suggesting - correct me - that the moroccan genepool is still much stronger and that without the constant introduction of new hybrid seeds its left more or less true to what it used to be. Hope this is the case, but if I was to base on the hash that makes it to Europe i'm much less convinced, since I haven't seen an old school maroc for a long time. And the fact that they need to constantly buy new seeds beacuse of cross-breeding with local varieties is no good news. This is the proof that the cross-breeding is happening and original genetics are, at least to some extent, gone already.

belgowiet

You are suggesting - correct me - that the moroccan genepool is still much stronger and that without the constant introduction of new hybrid seeds its left more or less true to what it used to be. Hope this is the case, but if I was to base on the hash that makes it to Europe i'm much less convinced, since I haven't seen an old school maroc for a long time. And the fact that they need to constantly buy new seeds beacuse of cross-breeding with local varieties is no good news. This is the proof that the cross-breeding is happening and original genetics are, at least to some extent, gone already.

the hybrid Moroc X Western are OK for one year and then essentially revert to Maroc Kif var because after 2 planting they are a (Moroc X Western) X Maroc backcross line.
because the local varity flowers earlier than the western strains.

there are three main Kif var. they use .. the traditional kif,pakistan variety and an Pakistani/maroc .

It is important for these growers to continually crossbreed the strains and produce new seed stocks, in order to prevent the strains from stagnating and losing their vital characteristics.

seeded

the hybrid Moroc X Western are OK for one year and then essentially revert to Maroc Kif var because after 2 planting they are a (Moroc X Western) X Maroc backcross line.
because the local varity flowers earlier than the western strains.

there are three main Kif var. they use .. the traditional kif,pakistan variety and an Pakistani/maroc .

It is important for these growers to continually crossbreed the strains and produce new seed stocks, in order to prevent the strains from stagnating and losing their vital characteristics.

There's no reason to worry about genetic diversity, stagnation, etc. because as a landrace the strain can exist without human intervention. It's done just fine without us and all we're doing is shitting all over it's genetic heritage by outcrossing them because once done they're forever tainted. You might introduce some genetic diversity but so what? The opposite is literally what lead to their success because nature acted like a filter killing off everything else that was unsuitable for the local area.

Those guys need to stop playing god and get back to just making the best quality hash they can produce.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, and we must remember that these farmers have been doing this for a good while and they might know a thing or two about preserving a line, tricks that we could easily ignore sitting home infront of a computer.:)

Also, their seed stock wont die in a year, so it wont change every year or two, and i'm sure they will keep seeds from their best plants well stored in case of a bad season or two.
Even if they don't keep mother plants in veg rooms, i'm sure they still have fridges to store their seeds in, and i'm sure they know about cold/cool storage.

Last edited:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
That is nice to hear!

Hope this is the case, but if I was to base on the hash that makes it to Europe i'm much less convinced, since I haven't seen an old school maroc for a long time

What is old school moroccan to you?

I often try hash with smell and taste of dark cacao/chocolat, earth, fine woods and fruit notes, which is what I see as old school moroccan.

The Ketama that Paysen posted is like this to, only with more mint/eucalyptus freshness complimenting the full body roundnedness, which is so lovely. This flavor profile is specific to the Ketama terroir.

How I would love to be a connoisseur entrepreneur of this field... 😊 💜 🌞

NotYourSaviour

@ Paysen , Pengaleng and Ollie
Very, very nice stuff folks, as usual, cheers and enjoy; )!
@ Budbwoy
Even though too enjoy indoor hash am afraid you don't get much attention posting this stuff in this thread. Still looking proper, enjoy your trip to Dam!

As reported on here the other day we got our hands on some sadly too limited again top grade moroccan.
Have to correct myself though as I had this very quality more often before luckywise than I thought when picking up on the first look ; somewhat misperception must had to do with my yearly detox I am still on since New Year(only two weeks to go and shorter ones to come to regulary reset my senses, really enjoying anticipation again. Hope some other shit turns up until then, too!) but after closer inspection in the last days I realised what it is:wallbash:.

Very dark sticky stuff and quite oily(not as suspectively overly oily as those qualities offered at some coffeeshops or elsewhere though. This one you can handle at room temperature but after a bit of examination this changes fast.), very clear smell and by this my guess is paki/afghani genetics, no nl-hybrids involved.
First fresh arrival with no interruptions this year from a trusted source. Great start!
Mates of our circle of connoiseurs(we always share expenses as who shares wins)find it quite trippy so keen on trying it soon.

Three attempts of pictures again, here's my portion:

Edit: just noticed pictures are a bit too bright after processing due to hash being too dark and crappy cam ; so added another one from the session for any comparing, sorry about quality again.

Last edited:
D

DankeyKong

@GoldenBud
Europe is not the only hash heaven in earth ... In south america we smoke better quality hash than europe and still have acess to best genetics of cali

picture.php

DxF0B

You must be a luck one to find something like that even in Nepal but not here in Colombia hehe

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think some of you forget these farmers make a living from their work. Western weed nerdism would be lost on someone more than happy to have a higher yielding, faster flowering plant.

They order their own seeds, read our posts and buy modern hash making tools to serve what the market pays for.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Mikkel

A lot of their brothers and cousins live in Portugal and Spain .
They know which way the wind blows . A phone call back to the Homelands and ...

Thanks for sharin

D

DankeyKong

Here at south america we negociate by kilo, 1 kilo of black hash is 250 U$D, 1 kilo of "moroccan-style" soft 1 kilo 300 U$D