What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

i got my own place! it's boring as phuk!

Former Guest

I feed my seedlings kelp and fish mix from biobizz. I really like biobizz. They have a mix of fertilizers that you add to soil for water only. I get gnats so I just use BTI stuff. Microbe lift is cheap per application. $30 for 2000 gallons. You can probably get something similar at Home Depot or a pond store. The pond stuff works just the same gnatrol.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Troutman yeah almost at the all-time snow record. Crazy stuff.

Luckybean not sure what I'm going to feed the plants...I used nothing but water once and then some molasses in flowering and they really liked it but I got fruit flies :yoinks:
This will be the first time I use nutes maybe...there's a grow shop in town I can check out. But won't be feeding them anything but water for a month in veg

If you think those were Fruit Flies you've got a lot more reading/learning to do.

Former Guest

Feed your seedlings a very light feed after about a weeks growth. My seedlings are growing like nuts. Biobizz is cheap online. Buy the grow bloom and algamic. Bioheaven is simply deodorized fish that is basically a compost tea which you can do a lot more cheaply brewing one. I used Neptunes with my teas too but only a tiny but for food for microbes. You can't go wrong with ocean forest. Water only and give some kelp once in a while with some enzymes/SST, then a little bloom nutes during flower. Bam! Doobers growing some doobies

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
40% pro-mix 40% coco 15% perlite 5% e.w.c for your planting mix and Flora nova veg and flora nova bloom plus a bottle of cal mag Is all you need for nutes. A lot of the supplements and additives aren't necessary if you provide proper environment so many people buy so much unnecessary shit.

Midwest sticky

Flora nova nutes are damn good they sure as fuck arent miracle grow, besides youre French you don't get a opinion:biggrin:

Former Guest

I watched this YouTube video of a women who grew in miracle grow but heard all the hype about compost tea so she did a side by side with one tomato in miracle grow and one just feed compost teas. The end result was a bug eaten, not as branch ya and lower yield than the compost tea fed plant which barely had a bug bite and lots of big tomaters. If you do bottles, do organic. The guano recipe I have is really cheap to mix.

Former Guest

I have heard really good things about that product. It's npk is supposed to be the most ideal of the one part nutes. Pure blend pro is good but it is a really low ph. That's why I like the biobizz. Of the few lines I tried their combo comes out to a perfect ph of 6.4 with my water source starting at 6.5 :)

Midwest sticky

Bio bizz makes damn good nutes,i just prefer flora nova, I never have any issues with ph,deficiencies, nute burn it just seems to me that it keeps my plants happy and healthy.one teaspoon per gallon 1 out of three waterings and the plants are happy and healthy. I do like bio bizz I've had good results with them in the past. I just prefer the flora nova line. plus a gallon of flora nova veg and a gallon of bloom last a long time.

Midwest sticky

Yep but only during veg, most of the plants i have I've been growing for years they don't like it after 1 week into flower the plants I keep mothers of are fussy lol. Plus theres already ewc in the potting mix I make. What do you do for flowering , do you lower the amount of ewc tea?

Former Guest

I usually do, but I've been really lazy. I hate cleaning my airstone and bucket. I have problems with them fading a week or two early. So I feed lots of molasses. I bought some Alaska more bloom 0-10-10 and just added it so fingers crossed. I need to make the coots mix with the rock minerals.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Nutes, nutes and more nutes! Yeah there are lots of choices. So I'll check out Biobizz and Flora Nova today. Woke up at 5am, having some coffee and hitting the bong. I went back and stocked up on more buds...checked out the Northern Lights and it didn't look all that great...just your basic inidica-looking bud. Not sure where I came up with the description from the other day. At any rate the smoke is long-lasting and sedating...but I ended up getting the Sour Diesel. Now I wish I had gotten the Northern Lights...dude just gave me like a gram to try. It was good. The Sour Diesel doesn't last long

Former Guest

Well there is next time :)

As you can see, sticky and I have already decided for you :D there's several options from water only with ffof or biobizz where you would just need a bottle of bloom nutes, one parts like floranova or several bottles for 50/50 ffof/HF. A commercial grower used this last one for years but don't buy the bottles at the hydro store no matter which one. Online is great even with shipping sometimes :) Horticulturesource.com is a good one along with amazon.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
You're up already too? :)
Supposed to be 27° here today. Probably just stay inside and smoke and fiddle around with things. My TV remote died and it's not the batteries, so that's one project. Need to do laundry. Didn't eat dinner, wasn't hungry. Still not hungry. Hope you have an awesome day luckybean!

Latest posts

Latest posts