What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hunza... landrace 100% indica from Pakistan.

JDOG6000

Veteran
If these plants impress me enough.
I'll make a bunch more seeds and pick the best mother and fathers out of several Plants.
Then I'll start crossing those.

G

i just put it up since it mentioned quite a few places in the article i had heard about :D

now as far as where they are i cant say that :p i just saw the names and enjoyed the article. anyone else?

G

If these plants impress me enough.
I'll make a bunch more seeds

You should if you can make more seeds whether it impresses you or not. It is a rare cultivar, if you make more the community can look further in the lines and you can help preserve it. Feel proud your doing so.

Peace, hhf

G

NeptHaze's article mentioned Hunza, originally I was thinking the same thing, that it wasn't specifically talking about Hunza but other areas (to the west by my understanding)... but on page 3 and I think 4 it had a few paragraphs on Hunza itself. It wasn't a lot, but it was worthwhile checking out.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Damn, I hadn't seen the other pages ! :pointlaug Sorry NeptHaze... heheh. That's nice article yes !

Hey, Jdog, It's pretty cool thing that you keep them (I was afraid that after the hempy comment you would kill them actually heheh). I really hope you'll get the right pheno !

Irie !

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
I've had way too many regrets from killing strains of in there seedling stage.
I'll never do that again. I'll never get rid of a clone before I get to smoke it either.
Besides they look killer.
I didn't read that artical but I read a few others.
And all stated that the Hunza tribe grew cannabis for medicine for many years. Hunza is supposedly the inspiration for Shangri-La.
And from my understanding the best strains are the onces that are worked by the locals. And it sounds like the Hunza Tribe had been growing cannabis for years,before they disapeared, as far as what I've read.
Did the guy who made that hempy quote ,also do the growing?

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Here are some new pic's.
These are the three bigger seedlings.
I have 3 more small ones.
They are starting to smell like a lemony sour skunk smell.
Very faint.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
And it sounds like the Hunza Tribe had been growing cannabis for years,before they disapeared, as far as what I've read.
Did the guy who made that hempy quote ,also do the growing?

Yup, Hunza people (Hunzakut) have been growing for long long time, most probably centuries. But they haven't disappeared at all. Hunzakut are still well alive and plenty !

yup, the guy who made the hempy quote is the same who made the RKS comment (and he grew it yes).

Here a comment I found about a hunza cross on some CW archives.

nycdXhunza is the filler, very fruity and with an unexplainable high (smoked her for 2 months and she was everything from couchlock to energetic in every possible way)

They look good JDOG, the scent sounds pretty yummy !

Irie !

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thanks guys.
I thought the Hunza Tribe was forced to move from that area or something.
And just kind of faded into obscurity.
Am I remembering wrong?
Anyway, I have one that showed it's a female.
So I'm gonna flower that one female to get an idea of what these are like before I let them take up half my flower room.
The others are behind anyway, I popped the seeds later.
So only 1 or 2 are sexed.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
heheh, yes you remember wrong. Hunzakut have never been pulled out of their valley.
hmm, can't wait to see it budding !

Irie !

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
wow loving the way that plant is looking in veg... cant wait to see her done all the way out! very interested to see this one through. hope they come through how u hope. Peace, Dime

JDOG6000

Veteran
Ah, me and my stoner memory.
Hunzakut was the inspiration for Shangri-La. And that is a cool little fact.
I got one thats about ready to clone.
So this plant will be flowered as soon as the clone roots.

monkey5

Veteran
jdog6000, check out the book : A HUNZA TRIP WITH DR. BERNARD JENSEN by bernard jensen,Ph.D. and the complete book of THE WHEEL OF HEALTH by G.T.WHENCH,M.D. you can get it inter-library loan/books -in print and read it for free... that will jog your memory about the hunza peoples and land !!!! very nice plants !!! Shangri-La !!! monkey5

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thanks Monkey.
Here is the runt and the last female to go into flower.
This last female has the most clone looking structure so far.
Just a perfect plant. Seems like a winning pheno from the looks of it in veg.
Look at the frost on the runt.It's hard to see.

ngakpa

Veteran
fabulous leaves

I say pimp it, and declare yourself a "master breeder"

but serisouly, to think that her brethern in nearby Afghanistan are to face another year of harvest destruction is proof enough of how wrong-headed thgins are in the world today - look how beautiful they are, how can they be illegal?

to think that something that stunning is the answer to rural poverty in Central Asia is a great thing -

powers-that-be, if you are reading this - wake up - legalise it, let the farmers get rich, get the troops out, go home

the solution to extremism is equality and affluence ... legalise it, give the farmers a fair deal, and fill the mountains with these plants

it's that simple

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts