What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hunza... landrace 100% indica from Pakistan.

zamalito

Veteran
Mriko, I guess you haven't smoked this so its impossible for you to answer but if you had to take a guess what do you believe is the ratio of frequency of Bt to Bd alelles in this variety? Do you think it is likely that Bd alleles occur with any degree of frequency? The reason I ask is that I'm very interested in indicas with higher cbd production. Because of the higher resin levels and greater possible indoor compatibility indicas that more frequently posess the Bd allele have possible potential for breeding medicinal cannabis. I'm curious about any thoughts you may have.

killa-bud

Veteran
that seedling looks exactly like mine,my is bagseed tho,doubt its anything like that

would seeds from higher elavation,grow bigger closer to see leval? i dont know,makes sense to me

JDOG6000

Veteran
I would think so.
I would think the UV's and high elevation would cause the plant to stay short up in the mountains.But grow bigger down at sea level.

JDOG6000

Veteran
New seedlings...
3 more seeds popped.
So I got 6 seedlings now.
I just wanted you guys to see how cool looking these are while they are babies.
I know the pic's suck. Sorry it was hard to get close.
But you get the idea.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Just got this comment about the Hunza

PS the Hunza is the strongest/strongest smelling herb i,ve ever had, manOman if you want to breed smell into a strain, you want Hunza, i think its a landrace skunk or something, cause it smells like one you ran over x 10LOL the smell is dom in all the Xs i made too. potent????

Sounds yummy !

Are the babies doing fine JDOG ?

Irie !

G

Heh, with odors of RKS, this is bound to pique some people's interest.

:lurk:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thats awesome.
Thats exactly what I was hoping for!!!!
Skunk.That rocks. Thanks for that info.
All 6 seedlings are doing fine.
I'll get pic's soon.

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
keeping an eye on this thread

keeping an eye on this thread

:bigeye::yes:

as a serious fan of indicas, this thread interests me greatly.
staying tuned.... :lurk:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Sorry NeptHaze, Hunza is another area than the one about in the article (which is rather about Shandur Pass Polo Tournament. This is on the extreme eastern fringe of Hindu Kush range. Hunza IS NOT in the Hindu Kush range, but Karakoram Range, much Eastward. Shandur Pass is used for the Polo Tournament, and only some seasonal tent hotel are there, along with some shephers and their cattle.

Hmmm, received some more comment about he Hunza (same grower than first comment - RKS) who told me that although extremely stinky, it smoked like hemp...
I don't know what to think about it...
in Hunza, cannabis is grown for seeds and hash by two different communities. Ismaeli on the northern side grow for seeds, Shia (mostly on southern side, but also northern one) grow for seeds and hash.
The seeds I got were Ismaeli ones, so maybe through generations selection have been made for seeds first, rather than thc content ont his side of the valley, making that some pheno are devoid of THC ? I don't know... Even is frown upon today, Hunza's Ismaeli have made and used hash in the past.
That's strange... I'll visit Shia areas next time I go there and check wether they use a different strain.

Still I prefer to post this information.

Irie !

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
It still sounds like a good one to have in one's collection. Do you think it produces a decent amount of resin just that its a primary cbd producer? Or is it just totally devoid of resin?

JDOG6000

Veteran
It doesn't look hempy at all.
BUt we'll see.
I think it will be pretty good.
At least for breeding, if it adds that skunk taste.
I'll be flowering some in a few weeks.

G

Do you think it produces a decent amount of resin just that its a primary cbd producer?

25% high THC, 25% High CBD 50% somwhere in between. Relatively speaking.

Ancient Hashish lines unselected for most potent herbal flowers.

The seeds I got were Ismaeli ones, so maybe through generations selection have been made for seeds first, rather than thc content ont his side of the valley, making that some pheno are devoid of THC ?

Not devoid of THC, but high CBD type plant maybe. Even for the seed crop plants these lines would have been originally Hashish lines? I would suspect they still have the same mix as above if so, no reason to select out the higher potency THC types. Just need good selections in the lines for high THC plants, I suspect, after preservations in pure unadulterated form of course.

Peace, hhf

Latest posts

Latest posts