What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

howmany people here dont trust the vaccine or covid

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You must not know crooks will hurt or kill you to get what there after. Plenty of gun stores have been robbed. Plenty of homes have been burgled. This is where most of the stolen guns come from.

there are folks making pretty good $ buying guns (mostly used, no background check) legally, and later selling them to folks that can't legally own them. i know an ex-cop that was doing that for folks with a sob story about how mean & unfair they thought it was that their legal problems kept them from owning guns. he's not the sharpest chisel in the toolbox...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO no background check should be illegal. Not sure which states still sell guns like that. If your willing to do the crime you know the rest.

dramamine

yeah! like all of the antifa posing as Proud Boys, LOL!

I dunno, but it seems naive to take any political organization at face value, especially ones that seem to spring up overnight. The concept of controlled opposition is real and very effective (just ask the CIA).

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I would assume any organized group that is opposed by another group has been infiltrated to some degree or at least attempted. Not exactly a new strategy.

​​​​​​

h.h.

Veteran
most were cheap POS handguns (Jennings, High Point etc), many were allegedly missing parts. thieves break into safes etc. how in hell does that make the owner "too stupid to own a gun"? a gun locked up in a safe, or kept separate from its ammunition, is utterly fucking useless in an emergency. when seconds count, the police are (normally) 15 minutes out, eating a doughnut....
Many my friends keep them under the seat or the bed. Not sure that’s the smartest.
Better safes and better security when they’re not in your possession. They make some pretty good safes. Unless you have a sizable collection, safes aren't worth the trouble of getting in to. If you do have a collection, it’s going to cost you a bit. It’s your responsibility to keep your guns safe. You have to protect your investment.
If I were to break into a house and saw a heavy gun safe, I doubt that I would stick around very long.
You turn the dial on the safe until you hear a click and it’s not the click you want to hear. Nope. Go where the stupid people live.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Many my friends keep them under the seat or the bed. Not sure that’s the smartest.
Better safes and better security when they’re not in your possession. They make some pretty good safes. Unless you have a sizable collection, safes aren't worth the trouble of getting in to. If you do have a collection, it’s going to cost you a bit. It’s your responsibility to keep your guns safe. You have to protect your investment.
If I were to break into a house and saw a heavy gun safe, I doubt that I would stick around very long.
You turn the dial on the safe until you hear a click and it’s not the click you want to hear. Nope. Go where the stupid people live.

those i "really" want to keep (family stuff) i have in a safe. i know folks with "safe rooms". my carry pistol stays in my pocket. folks that know you are a collector would come ready for a safe. they just slow thieves down.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
ISRAEL:
Has set an expiration date on its vaccine pass — Green Pass enables access to restaurants and bars but expires 6 months after your 2nd dose. Booster shots will be needed to maintain eligibility —

WELCOME TO YOUR BOOSTER SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

It's just 2 shots

It's just a shot every 6 months <-- you are here

It's just a shot every 3 months

It's just a shot every month

It's just a shot every 2 weeks

It's just a shot every week

It's just a shot every day

It's just a shot every 12 hours

off the deep end is an understatement. Israel wants the EU and US to bar entry to Israelis without the booster shot: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...aeli-arrivals/. The PM here said the FDA advisory panel followed in Israel's footsteps despite the panel voting 16-2 against the booster shots for people under 65. Israel says to be considered vaccinated you need the booster shot. The goal posts keep getting moved.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
IMO no background check should be illegal. Not sure which states still sell guns like that. If your willing to do the crime you know the rest.

background checks required federally for purchase of NEW handguns. many states also mandate them for long guns. it is the used guns that are not run through background checks most places although, i'm seeing more and more "for sale" ads here & on line by sellers that are requiring checks, and only shipping between licensed dealers.. legal owners are shooting themselves in the foot by selling to folks not allowed to buy/own, cutting off their own noses to spite their faces. they will be the ones crying the loudest if universal backgrounds are mandated. do the right thing, or the govt will MAKE you do the right thing.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Is the gun show loop hole still a thing. Used to be here in Michigan you went to a gun show and bought a firearm legally from a licensed vendor you could walk outside and sell it to a stranger. Have not seen our local gun show advertising for a few years. Don't know if it's because I mostly don't watch tv or because covid shut down group activities or if the law got changed.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ISRAEL:
Has set an expiration date on its vaccine pass — Green Pass enables access to restaurants and bars but expires 6 months after your 2nd dose. Booster shots will be needed to maintain eligibility —

WELCOME TO YOUR BOOSTER SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

It's just 2 shots

It's just a shot every 6 months <-- you are here

It's just a shot every 3 months

It's just a shot every month

It's just a shot every 2 weeks

It's just a shot every week

It's just a shot every day

It's just a shot every 12 hours

off the deep end is an understatement. Israel wants the EU and US to bar entry to Israelis without the booster shot: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...aeli-arrivals/. The PM here said the FDA advisory panel followed in Israel's footsteps despite the panel voting 16-2 against the booster shots for people under 65. Israel says to be considered vaccinated you need the booster shot. The goal posts keep getting moved.

a lot of conjecture in this post. too much "chicken little" squawking about what "might" happen. panic often? "off the deep end" sounds right.

moose eater

background checks required federally for purchase of NEW handguns. many states also mandate them for long guns. it is the used guns that are not run through background checks most places although, i'm seeing more and more "for sale" ads here & on line by sellers that are requiring checks, and only shipping between licensed dealers.. legal owners are shooting themselves in the foot by selling to folks not allowed to buy/own, cutting off their own noses to spite their faces. they will be the ones crying the loudest if universal backgrounds are mandated. do the right thing, or the govt will MAKE you do the right thing.

Any handgun purchase from a dealer, whether new or used, requires an NICS check. Exception includes a current CCW permit/license.
-------------------------------------------------------
No, Taco, to my knowledge, unless at the state level, federal law re. gun shows have not changed, though straw man purchases from a licensed dealer (one person buying in order to immediately convey/transfer to another) have been illegal for decades, and any handgun sale by a licensed dealer, whether new or used, requires the NICS check.

Some states permit untracked, unreported -private- sales of handguns, as in, no dealer involved (Alaska does), and some do not.